• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does the duration of onset indicate the strength of your tabs?

al-laddin

Bluelighter
So most of the time when I have taken lucy in the past it would hit me in 45 minutes. That's the magic number, give or take ten inutes depending on whats in my system and other factors that may cause slight alterations. I relate this to the fact that back in the mid nineties in california most hits were dosed with AROUND 100 mics give or take...most people I knew only took one so the general consensus was 30-45 mins and you should feel it.

My question relates back to a bad trip I had back in highschool. I went and picked up some sugar cubes from my regular guy and man these things wer pooooootent. Well all the cubes had one drop on them except the "special one" which was apparently dosed higher and my dealer reserved it for me and put it aside.

So I met with my friends before school and some of them dosed , we wnet to our classes and then two periods later we were let out for brunch. Brunch was 15 mins. long and the friends that dropped earlier were a fucking mess!! Theytold me it was the strongest stuff they had ever had! I was a ballsy reckless youth but something in my gut was telling me not to do it.....I decided on half...this was literally 5 mins before brunch was over....NO MORE THAN TEN MINUTES LATER I was fucking twisted. I was trying to walk to class and the walls were covered in neon ghosts from super Mario world super nintendo (remember the ones that follow you in the castle?), everything was flashing and the walls were twisting. HOLY SHIT!! I thought. That was not expected. When I got to class I was feeling a bit uninhibited and dropped the second half. Needless to say it turned into a nightmare trip that was way too much lasted way longer than expected. Ill spare the details for the sake of my point.

The next day my friends compared it to about "3 beavis and butthead tabs". This was the mid nineties and those were the strongest going around. The sugar cube I had taken I estimate to be two drops or 6/7 "normal" tabs..estiating 500-700 ug.

SOO is there away to guess how string your tabs are based on how fast they hit? At least a rough estimate?? I never again had lsd hit that quick and I usually only take one hit

I've read about this a lot and have wondered the same thing (especially regarding psychedelics.) I think these drugs usually start working once in the GI tract. Maybe with bigger doses it agonizes more receptors in the stomach creating a quicker onset?
High dose LSD at school, fuck that.

^LOL yeah.....the mistake of a 15 year old....I wonder if its jut due to higher saturation of receptors??

I usually feel activity from a dose of LSD within 5 minutes of placing it in my mouth. In general, I've found, yes, if you dose more it will hit you quicker, but set and setting also play a big role. Tripping at places where you feel you need to act sober will often amplify subjective perception of intensity for fairly obvious reasons.

I don’t think so. There are many factors that can affect the speed of reaction to drugs, specially psychedelics. Sometimes for me, 1 tab takes me slow and the next time, 1 tab of the same batch kicks really faster. It all depends.

There are plenty of other factors at hand but generally a bigger dose kicks in faster. That's certainly true in my experience anyways. Some of the strongest acid trips I've had took 10-20 minutes to kick in, while many other trips have taken 30-60 to kick in.

Most of the times I've ever had a crazy ass lsd experience, I was feeling it within 10 minutes. yes dose does effect onset of effects.

That's what Im thinking^^^ So my question is , if it hits within ten minutes is it safe to say that it is 500ug and up??? For those of you who had it hit within ten minutes , do you know how string your hit were??

ime yes. a "normal" tab makes me feel first alerts at 20min and tripping fully at 1h, but my largest dose had me feeling it at 5min and tripping at 20min.
i don't think you can estimate microgram doses like that. it depends on too many factors. but if it hits you within 10 minutes, you know that you have taken too much ;)

I would say not. I have had strong LSD tabs which have taken a full hour to hit and hit like a ton of bricks while others have had some noticeable effects at a half hour.
Stomach contents do play a roll but at normal doses I don't believe it makes a difference.
I know I have heard stories of heroic doses like thumbprints hitting in minutes but none of that is really substantiated.

It's not a rule per say, but I've always found with hallucinogens that strong doses kick in faster and last longer while often times when ur waiting a long time for a trip to kick in, it's never very strong and goes away pretty quick.

I would say yes it does come on faster just based on this. A larger dose will change your perception more so the first moments of the drug taking effect will be more dramatic/noticeable than that of a lesser dose.

^ however this isn't true IME with every type of drug. For example opiod dosage doesn't matter it always hits me at the same time...granted I don't "push" my dose too far with those :)

Does the duration of onset indicate the strength of your tabs?

Yes it does. If you feel it in 10 minutes you have a does of probably 500 mics or more. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your input Jason, this is my assumption. Its only hit me that quick once and it resulted in long lasting psychological damage.. luckily I was resilient enough to bounce back from it. 4 years of HPP, DP/DR, PTSD like symptoms, flashbacks, nightmares....the whole extended package

Thanks for your input Jason, this is my assumption. Its only hit me that quick once and it resulted in long lasting psychological damage.. luckily I was resilient enough to bounce back from it. 4 years of HPP, DP/DR, PTSD like symptoms, flashbacks, nightmares....the whole extended package

Wow, that's rough. I've never had anything like that myself. I always returned to complete normalcy. I guess it depends on your particular brain chemistry. I've never even had one flashback. I do take vitamins and eat healthy stuff. Don't know if that matters but it's possible. I have been having weird dreams lately, but that usually happens when I stay off Cannabis for a while, as I have recently. When I use Cannabis regularly I hardly even dream at all. But recently I've dreamed of a nuclear bomb going off a short distance from me, seeing the blast wave coming toward me and waking up just in time. Then I had one where my sister picked up a big green rattle snake, which is odd because they aren't even green, and she passed it to me and I had to keep trying to hold it close to its head so it couldn't turn and bite me. Then another one was where I was somewhere in India and there were a bunch of poor and diseased people who would lay along the side of highway embankments tightly packed so that they made a solid layer of human bodies. It was like they were so many and so poor that all they could do was lay there like that until they died, but they lingered on like that for who knows how long. There was a house right by there and a guy lived in it and would come out with some trays of pastries to feed some of them but it was like a hopeless gesture because how could he feed that whole mass of people with just a few pastries? It was pretty gruesome. But yeah, weird dreams like that. How did my brain even think that up? It was very realistic too.

Last edited: