Supplements for cartilage tear?

byu

Greenlighter
Hey guys. A little bit of info about myself, I'm in my late teens or early twenties. About half a year ago I suffered a cartilage tear in my wrist while bench pressing. After months of waiting it got better and better. Got back in the gym, slowly working my way up etc. Could deadlift 300 lbs. no pain. Bicep curls with hands supinated still felt iffy, but I avoided those and just did things that wouldn't hurt.

About 1 to 2 weeks ago some shit went down and I got into a scuffle. Managed to get out safe but the next day I woke up with pain in my wrist again. Pretty sure when I grabbed the guy and pushed him away I messed up my cartilage again. Christ I felt like shit that day, months of waiting down the drain just from one stupid night. I can't even supinate my arm completely without pain.

I'm still natural because I've read taking AAS when you're young and still growing is bad. But I'm willing to try anything at this point. Right now I'm taking fish oil, glucosamine/chondro/MSM, vitamin C, and cissus quadrangularis. No idea if any of these help but it's worth a try.

I'm open to any suggestions. I've read up on igf1 and the other hgh stimulating peptides. But I've also read that getting real igf1 is extremely hard, the 60$ bottles you see online are all bunk so idk what to say. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey guys. A little bit of info about myself, I'm in my late teens or early twenties. About half a year ago I suffered a cartilage tear in my wrist while bench pressing. After months of waiting it got better and better. Got back in the gym, slowly working my way up etc. Could deadlift 300 lbs. no pain. Bicep curls with hands supinated still felt iffy, but I avoided those and just did things that wouldn't hurt.

About 1 to 2 weeks ago some shit went down and I got into a scuffle. Managed to get out safe but the next day I woke up with pain in my wrist again. Pretty sure when I grabbed the guy and pushed him away I messed up my cartilage again. Christ I felt like shit that day, months of waiting down the drain just from one stupid night. I can't even supinate my arm completely without pain.

I'm still natural because I've read taking AAS when you're young and still growing is bad. But I'm willing to try anything at this point. Right now I'm taking fish oil, glucosamine/chondro/MSM, vitamin C, and cissus quadrangularis. No idea if any of these help but it's worth a try.

I'm open to any suggestions. I've read up on igf1 and the other hgh stimulating peptides. But I've also read that getting real igf1 is extremely hard, the 60$ bottles you see online are all bunk so idk what to say. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

The short answer is that IGF-1 is the best healing growth factor. Growth Hormone has only a role indirectly. GHRPs (GHRP-2, GHRP-6 & Hexarelin) have special direct (unrelated to GH release) effects in tissue that may reduce atrophy

MGF has shown some tissue repair properties.. So has Mod GRF(1-29) GHRPs....

Cartilage or Tendon/Ligament..?

J Orthop Res. 2014 Jan 16. doi: 10.1002/jor.22580. [Epub ahead of print]
Intra-articular injection of rhFGF-18 improves the healing in microfracture treated chondral defects in an ovinemodel.

Power J, Hernandez P, Guehring H, Getgood A, Henson F.
Author information

Abstract

Microfracture is a common cartilage repair procedure. Strategies to improve healing post-microfracture include the use of growth factors to enhance hyaline cartilage production. This study investigates the effect of intra-articular recombinant human fibroblastic growth factor 18 (rhFHF18) on thehealing of a chondral defect treated with microfracture in an ovine model. Chondral defects (8 mm diameter) were created in the medial femoral condyle of 80 sheep (n = 16/treatment group). Defects were treated with microfracture alone or microfracture + intra-articular rhFGF-18 (administered either as one or two cycles of 3× weekly injections). Outcome measures included mechanical testing, macroscopic International Cartilage Repair Society repair score, modified O'Driscoll histology score, qualitative histology, and immunohistochemistry for types I, II, and VI collagen. In treatedanimals, there was a statistically significant improvement in ICRS tissue repair score and tissue infill score, in the modified O'Driscoll score between control and 1 cycle of rhFGF-18 at 6 m, and in the cartilage repair score and structural characteristic score between the control and both rhFGF-18groups at 6 m. There was no evidence of degeneration of adjacent cartilage in the rhFGF-18 treated cartilage. The increase in hyaline cartilage-like tissue formed in the microfracture + rhFGF-18 treated groups indicates that rhFGF-18 potentiates the formation of hyaline cartilage repair followingmicrofracture. © 2014 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...22580/abstract

Cartilage or Tendon/Ligament..?

Thanks for the study link. And it's a partial tear in the triangular fibrocartilage complex, TFCC for short.

I read that you're not supposed to discuss sources so idk if this counts as that, please remove if so. Is the IGF-1 that's like 60 bucks a bottle you find on the peptide selling sites real? Why would they be giving it out so easily like that if it's for research purposes only, wouldn't you need to provide documentation?

Thanks for the study link. And it's a partial tear in the triangular fibrocartilage complex, TFCC for short.

I read that you're not supposed to discuss sources so idk if this counts as that, please remove if so. Is the IGF-1 that's like 60 bucks a bottle you find on the peptide selling sites real? Why would they be giving it out so easily like that if it's for research purposes only, wouldn't you need to provide documentation?

We don't get access to such luxuries here in NZ, therefore my knowledge as to their authenticity is a bit scant, I'm hoping Guido or Neo will advise when they next drop in...

I think your use of glucosamine chondroitin is a great idea. The body for some reason looses the ability to produce this, but it does not loose the ability to recognize and utilize it. You may become more flexible when you begin to take this, this is not always advantageous unless recognized, so please take this into consideration.

Last edited:
All these will help : fish oil, glucosamine/chondro/MSM

Any growth peptide will help to a point. Igf and hgh will be expensive and very hard to find to be worth benefit.

Deca is #1 aas for joint health.

In all good sense tho someone in their late teens/early 20s should not do this and it will mostly likely heal on its on, or with some therapy. It is just realized that most would not listen so if that is case would be better to provide safe info.