• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiate withdrawal question

HalleyHeroine

Greenlighter
Ok so this is my 3rd serious try at quitting. A few months ago I quit for about a month after taking every day for almost 4 years. This time I've been on maybe a 2 month binge. Should these withdrawals be easier since I had a break before I started back vs the withdrawals from pills every day for 4 years? Right now I'm on day 5. Days 4&5 have been the worst so far. Constant chills and can't be comfortable or concentrate at all. Thanks.

Congratulations on kicking again:). Most people find that the withdrawal seem to get worse every time they go through them.

If you let us know what opiate you are withdrawing from we can give you a good estimate when you will push out of the tunnel.

Keep at it!! in a little bit you will feal better and a little while after that you will feel ok and inj a few months you will feel great. =D

Yes my experience is that after you get physically addicted to something and withdraw, if you use the drug again you pick up where you left off, more or less. You become physically addicted much faster and the withdrawal is worse. Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth. You can do it though. And it's a good motivator for actually staying clean this time, because you know it will just get worse next time.

But the good news is you're on day 5! heroin withdrawal isn't super long compared to many, so you're probably most of the way through the acute withdrawal.

This time I am withdrawaling from a 90 - 150 mgs / day oxycodone habit. I usually took the regular release ones, we called them all Roxi's even if they weren't the Roxane lab's pills. Occasionally id have the OC oxycontins. But not too often.

I really want to be able to use occasionally in the future. To just be able to enjoy it but not need it. But I'm learning that is almost impossible once you have been addicted once. I hate it though because I don't want to go every day for the rest of my life sober. I like to party, but opiates are the only drugs that I enjoy. Any uppers make me extremely anxious and nervous, whether its coke or adderall or molly. It all turns out the same. Benzos make me fall asleep instantly and weed gives me panic attacks. It's something I really struggle with thinking about. Keep torturing myself with opiates or never get high again...

I strongly recommend against using in the future, to be honest. You've become addicted twice now (at least, maybe more since I don't know you, just going from this post). For me, I quit quite a few times (usually not for long but once for a year, where I got totally better in between the quitting and relapse). Every time, it got easier and easier to become addicted. The last few times, one single use after I got past withdrawal and I would get withdrawals again. And every time it happened, I'd have told myself "hey, I'm just gonna do this one time, it's my birthday/special occasion/etc". And my brain would go right back to that place, and I would slowly, or quickly, re-enter the same cycle. No matter how hard I tried, trying opiates just one time again would always lead to the cycle of addiction and life destruction. That's why I am never touching another opiate again. Even if I get injured and in pain, I'm just going to deal with it without opiates, because physical pain is better to me than the pain of opiate addiction.

So roxy is oxy.. has a half life of around 4 hours.. if we take 6 x half life we get the approximate elimination of the drug. Then for opiates we can add four days on top of this and see where we see the light at the end of the tunnel, that point that we wake up feeling better then when we fell asleep, i we were lucky enough to sleep. so we have 6 x 4 = 24 plus four days so we come up with five days. So you are almost there. likely you are sleeping rite now and will wake up feeling better. Nice fucking work!!!!!

854b1946-63d7-4396-93ee-df9a46957e58.gif
=D

That tunnel sucks.

It ends up being a very uncomfortable part, but in reality the easy part. The hard part is the addiction, not the physical dependence. What do you have planned to deal with this?<3

You can do this, if I can do it anybody can, no shit. You face many obstacles.. which you will overcome. Please look in your mind at whether you are resisting doing something amazing and pleasurable, or something thats really fucking awful... if you can see through this delusion.. you can push through.. if you continue to try and resist something that you feel is amazing you will face a hard struggle. Look at how the use of this substance makes you feel all day.. if you do this you will see the misery it creates.