• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Defeating Old OxyContin OC Formula Time Release Mechanism

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
Hi,

I have kept my OxyContin OC* soaked in water for about an hour after I have first peeled off the first layer. I haven't noticed any difference between one hour or 12+ hours. In either case the pills itself become very bristle and they can be broken between fingers easily and the water tastes exactly like oxycodone.

Just to be sure I have digested the crushed pills too along with the water/oxycodone solution.

For some reason it does not hit as hard as when chewing the pills itself although it does indeed decrease the time needed to feel the effects. I don't want to chew them anymore since my teeth are disintegrating a little (probable from a prolonged use of opiates) and I have already chipped one tooth by chewing my oxies.

Is this a trade off between faster onset and lower high, or could I achieve stronger IRL experience high by example trying to increase the bioavailability by pouring the water/oxycodone solution to a fatty food like meatpie and then eating it? Or adding some kind of oil to the solution itself? Atleast some studies suggests that eating a fatty meal with some opiates could enhance their absorbtion through the colon.

I know that best bioavailability could be achieved by IV use, but I simply don't want to go through that route ever (exept while in hospital).

Could the high feel better by chewing because it leaves still some Extended Release abilities to the portions of the pills when comparing to that soaking method since it will get totally rid of the ER mechanism? I mean as with some substances like codeine the high can be better by repetitive doses, could same apply to oxycodone?

I can't find any pharmacological reason why this would apply to oxycodone though since only active metabolite for oxycodone, also known as dihydrohydroxycodeinone, I could think of would be hydroxydihydromorphinone through O-Desmethylation by CYP2D6 enzyme and I don't know even know how potent that would be since it would actually be something like 5 to 15 percent of weight of oxycodone that could turn into that metabolite. Of course O-Desmethylation suggest that the metabolite would be one or two times as potent per mg than oxycodone itself, if it would play well along the other O-Desmethylated opiates, but the amount converted in to it would still be only one tenth or like and therefore that metabolite would not be a huge part.

(*=which is still the only oxycodone version prescribed in my area along with OxyNorm IR although Targiniq/Targinact has been gaining some popularity among the docs since it is said to be less harmfull to the colon. Notice that they can't say more abuse proof here since any pharmaceutical company would have their import license banned by saying something as that stupid :) )

if you are talking about the old oxycodone time release it's defeated just by crushing the pill as far as i know, dissolving the whole thing in water is probably overkill.

I would stick it in a small cup with about 1/4 full of lemon juice (its like the acids in your stomach), after crushing the oxy up in powder really well, dump it on the juice & let sit over night.

Drink the next day & it will be a nice treat.......

I do this with morphine & it works well.......

Yes. Soaking seems like an overkill now as I crushed my last dose with two spoons initially, made it to more finer powder on a plate by grinding spoon over the powder (which by the way got stuck to the plate and I had to scrape it off with a knife. Humidity maybe?) put the powder to a empty gelcaps and took them with some soda 45mins ago and it seems like I have not yet peaked.

I took my last water/oxycodone mixture two days ago and that peaked within 20 mins, which is nearly as fast as the insufflated doses I used to do few years ago for a while until my sinuses started bleeding as hell and I had to do some explaining to the Dr. about the residue he noticed in there.

Although this powdered dose does not have any "rush" like properties in a way as insufflated dose and the soaked dose did have. Those of course were not lile the real rush I have experienced while being administered Oxynorm parentally in a hospital.

Since I would gladly switch that nearly nonexistent rush from the liquid stuff to the more powerfull high feeling which means that my tolerance won't increase as fast since I can use lower dose to achieve the same high.

Thank you sekio for having me to stop thinking too much :)

Although this raises another question. Feel free to point me to do another thread about this or to change the topic to cover this too since I just figured out that maybe that soaking method could be a good way for preparing a solution rectal administration?

Would I need to do something else than take the soaked pills out of the mixture since the outer layer that contains various inactive ingredients have been taken off so there should not be anything else than oxycodone and tap water in it? Since it comes out naturally from that business end when taken orally, there should be no problem with the stuff that might get dissolved from the pill along with oxycodone?

Although I am not sure about should I adjust the pH in some way since I guess that any reasonable amount of liquid that can be squirted to one's rectum would have much stronger concentration of oxycodone than whatever the pre-poop stuff is called that comes from stomach to the GI-tract and eventually to the rectum has.

Also could someone tell me where I could obtain enema syringes since I guess that those blunt syringes for cough medicines etc. won't work.

I guess the syringe and the container where I soak the pills should be sterile and one use only?

Also is boiled tap water good enough or should I use NaCL 0.9% solution or similar or would that make my rectum feel like on fire? Any lubricants needed?

lol people have shot pills with toilet water you'll be fine bubble boy