• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is anyone else injecting via IV as prescribed?

BlueIV

Bluelighter
I asked this before, hopefully this wording will be more clear.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is injecting intravenously because it's the prescribed or medically recommended ROA. I know I'm not the only person who is self-infusing under a doctor's orders in the world :)

What medication are you on that is recommended by your dr to be iv'd?

I cant believe any doctor would prescribe a drug for their patient to IV.... unless it is a registered nurse or phlebotomist. IV use can b very bad if u dont know what youre doing... collapsed veins, misses and abscesses, infections, etc...

They don't just prescribe it and that's it. Training is given first. They even do camps for kids with hemophilia to learn how to do it, so they aren't reliant on their parents forever.

Camps celebrate campers’ successful self-infusion as a road marker on their journey to independence and self-care. “We reward the child with the Big Stick Award at mealtime in front of all the other campers,” says Bias. “It’s almost like a graduation ceremony.”

http://www.hemaware.org/story/hemophilia-summer-camps

The standard treatment of hemophilia today is factor replacement by intravenous Infusion
Age 2 – 10 - It gets better. Parents learn how to infuse at home and your child's veins become larger. Amazingly, toddlers begin to hold still for their ”shot”. It is a good idea to give rewards for behaving.
Age 8 – 10 - Your child will learn to self infuse, usually at special hemophilia summer camps. It is a proud moment when your child “sticks” himself for the first time. I still remember the day when my son, Tanner, came home from camp after having “stuck” himself! ;-)

http://www.hemophilia-information.com/treatment-of-hemophilia.html

It's not just people with hemophilia who do this, but they make up one of the larger groups. Please google some more if you don't believe that some of us are stuck having to do this. I would like to stay on topic, thanks!

I don't IV anything anymore.. but when i did, i was honest with my doctors about doing so.
So i guess it wasn't "ordered" to do it by them, but my bupe doctor knew i did and kept prescribing to me and just gave me a talk about needing to give up the needle at my visits.
I eventually listened and got off bupe all together not just the needle, damn those were bad wds at only ~1mg IV a day before i tapered and stopped.

Haven't IV'd anything since.. I BEAT THE NEEDLE! That little prick ;) lol.

-HOOD

you will never find a doctor prescribing morphine for self injection that's for damn sure

most injectable drugs are peptides and other biologicals (antibodies, intereferons, etc) that are vital to restore normal biological functions in individuals who need them and cannot be effectively dosed otherwise due to poor absorbtion, poor bioavailibility etc.

Yeah, I realize it probably won't be a typical user of this site. There's little info about doing an IV on yourself out there though, so I started looking at drug forums. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens for someone else. Hopefully this would come up in their search!
I won't start a topic like this every so often, my last one probably wasn't the best when it comes to search terms though.

you will never find a doctor prescribing morphine for self injection that's for damn sure

most injectable drugs are peptides and other biologicals (antibodies, intereferons, etc) that are vital to restore normal biological functions in individuals who need them and cannot be effectively dosed otherwise due to poor absorbtion, poor bioavailibility etc.

Actually my aunt got an injectable form of morphine prescribed she used to IM it though. Someone else on BL told me they even had an injectable form of hydromorphone prescribed to them for IM use I was sceptical at first but special patients do get these drugs prescribed. I have actually met many online who say they get morphine or other prescription opiates prescribed in an Injectable form.

Last edited:
Buprenex is injectable buprenorphine!!! I sure wish i could get that... but alas i cannot so.i have to make pills injectable. I really need to get microns... can anyone point me in the direction of a CHEAP place to get them? I looked on that gpz ssrvices and its way expensive... i found some on ebay that were SUPER cheap but i worry about the quality..

Oh haha.. i didnt know that! Learn something new everyday...

It was new to me too when I got diagnosed. Long day - got a diagnosis, found out about my treatment which was unexpected as I thought my symptoms weren't that bad, but they were a serious concern to my doctor, found out people do their own prescribed IVs, and found out I would be doing my own.

Buprenex is injectable buprenorphine!!! I sure wish i could get that... but alas i cannot so.i have to make pills injectable. I really need to get microns... can anyone point me in the direction of a CHEAP place to get them? I looked on that gpz ssrvices and its way expensive... i found some on ebay that were SUPER cheap but i worry about the quality..

If you're using bacteriostatic water, microns and new rigs EVERY time, you can make batches larger than one dose...they're not as expensive as you might think, when used this way.

^yes that's as close as your gonna get to having a vial of buprenex with only bupe pills but its still not going to be as safe because even with a micron filter pills will damage the veins it just reduces harm when you use a micron filter.

I ALWAYS use a new rig. Unless i dont register (which doesnt happen often) in which case i use the same one no more than three times. If i cant get it after three tries (which is REALLY rare), i will backload into a new syringe..

I remember another member posting how to keep a prescribed solution ready to inject in their purse. It happens

^ you're on about a totally different subject altogether.

Unless its occasional spike for an acute pain attack, using IV full time becomes unsustainable. If were talking scripted IV opioids.

id rather be sipping on my morphine solution once this osteoarthritis fully sets in than be fumbling around with intravenous use.