• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenbiut "HEART ATTACKS!!"

yteek

Bluelighter
Phenbiut "HEART ATTACKS!!" UPDATE

Alright....

Just started school and it has been quite hard to get on a decent sleep schedule, unfortunately, I was forced to ride on out without a lick of sleep.

Prior to jumping on the interstate, I take 3.5 grams of Phenibut.

I'm about 3/4ths of the way there on my mission to school, everything was going smoothly, and then I notice my heart is beating out my fucking chest.

I felt short of breath, fearful of a heart attack, perhaps passing out or better yet dying, losing control of my vehicle and causing an accident.

I didn't know what to do, I thought I needed to pull over or get off on the nearest exit, rather it was all in my head or not...I was in a panic.

I decided to follow through, while mind you, multiple lanes of 70mph+ traffic, I already have crowned this interstate a "death trap", it was a horrible position to be in.

I get off on my exit, take 1mg xanax, and holy fucking christ did I need it. I get to school, settle down, have a few waves of feeling of overheating, but it mellowed out.

I was drinking a coke, which I usually don't do, and I had a lack of sleep, with no food in my stomach, not forgetting to mention my anxiety issues and high blood pressure related to that, I am certain the main culprit was PHENIBUT.

Awhile back I tried it, while taking it daily for a short period in dosages of 5 grams plus+ throughout the day, I once awoke shouting "HEEELLLP" my heart was racing and again it felt like what I would imagine a heart attack. Of course this again, resolved itself, and subsided. Now I mention this, but, now seeing this with a much lower dose with shorter time of use, I'm safe to assume as advertised this is quite possibly the highest purity available.

Now, I'm not sure where to go with the phenbiut use, as my day at school after all the bullshit, was quite nice. My assumption is maybe lower my dose, but I took a similar dose a couple days before, no issue. Perhaps I should just stick to walking and no heavy machinery while I figure this out on my own?

Not sure where to go...hmm.

Suggestions/Thoughts?

Last edited:
We'll dude, the thing is....even with pharmaceutically controlled substances, some people just react differently to different medications/substances. Phenibut is supposed to relax the individual, however it appears to have a different effect on you. I would advise not taking it anymore. Why keep taking an addictive substance (with somewhat nasty physical withdrawals) when it doesn't even make you feel good. If I were you, I would just give up on trying Phenibut. Trust me, it's not at all worth it. For those of us it made feel good at first (like me) I just kept taking it until physically and mentally addicted, by that time my crackhead (not literally) mentality was.....just take more and more and more. Eventually I o.d'd thought I was going to die (with symptoms similar to yours) and became addicted to a substance that provided ZERO positive effects anymore. It became wonderful dosing this on top of my opiate problem everyday and having a poly addiction . This included just about any drug I could get my hands on. The withdrawal from this drug is/was comparable to opiate withdrawal in my book. After about 3 weeks it provided ZERO high no matter how much I took, I felt COMPLETELY benzo'd out and (like any practicing addict would) I began spending waaaayyyy to much money on a substance that provided me zero positive effects. Unless you consider falling asleep in class, at work, and at home a positive effect. I barely could open my eyes when it all stopped. I apologize for our stupid behavior........if it can even be considered.

That is frightful, sorry you went through that. It really sounds like GHB. I would awake from G thinking I was dying, or something had at the least gone terribly wrong, completely irrational. I think that's the glutamate surge, although I kept reading varying opinions on that particular.

Empty stomach, phosphoric acid and caffeine speeding up the metabolism of the phenibut, hitting hard on a sleep deprived and stressed body...?

Sure sounds like GHB though!

We'll dude, the thing is....even with pharmaceutically controlled substances, some people just react differently to different medications/substances. Phenibut is supposed to relax the individual, however it appears to have a different effect on you. I would advise not taking it anymore. Why keep taking an addictive substance (with somewhat nasty physical withdrawals) when it doesn't even make you feel good. If I were you, I would just give up on trying Phenibut. Trust me, it's not at all worth it. For those of us it made feel good at first (like me) I just kept taking it until physically and mentally addicted, by that time my crackhead (not literally) mentality was.....just take more and more and more. Eventually I o.d'd thought I was going to die (with symptoms similar to yours) and became addicted to a substance that provided ZERO positive effects anymore. It became wonderful dosing this on top of my opiate problem everyday and having a poly addiction . This included just about any drug I could get my hands on. The withdrawal from this drug is/was comparable to opiate withdrawal in my book. After about 3 weeks it provided ZERO high no matter how much I took, I felt COMPLETELY benzo'd out and (like any practicing addict would) I began spending waaaayyyy to much money on a substance that provided me zero positive effects. Unless you consider falling asleep in class, at work, and at home a positive effect. I barely could open my eyes when it all stopped. I apologize for our stupid behavior........if it can even be considered.

Well despite this negative experience, it is quite enjoyable.

I just need to find the right middle ground, don't plan on taking it daily or anything like that, hopefully 3 days out the week max.

With your dosing schedule, even at three times a week, expect to get addicted and experiencing symptoms like that quite a lot. A pounding heart is a common symptom of phenibut withdrawal. It's quite possible you just didn't dose early enough to avoid the rebound withdrawal this drug produces. Lack of sleep would only exacerbate your symptoms, IMO.

Well, that's my opinion based on quite a bit of experience(and addiction to) this very nasty drug.

What kind of phenibut do you have? With the HCL kind, it always took around 2 -3 hours for me to feel any thing. If you have the FAA, maybe it just kicked in too quick?

And pounding heart was a very big symptom for me in phenibut WD. Usually the worst of the WD would happen to me at night, brain zaps/insomnia/panic/heart racing and then dropping then racing again. I took it daily for 6 months but I noticed WD symptoms when I was taking it 2-3 times a week and if I dosed consecutive days the WD would show itself.

With your dosing schedule, even at three times a week, expect to get addicted and experiencing symptoms like that quite a lot. A pounding heart is a common symptom of phenibut withdrawal. It's quite possible you just didn't dose early enough to avoid the rebound withdrawal this drug produces. Lack of sleep would only exacerbate your symptoms, IMO.

Well, that's my opinion based on quite a bit of experience(and addiction to) this very nasty drug.

I've only used it two times as of recently. First time doing so in months, highly unlikely what I experienced is any form of w/ds.

UPDATE: Well, I started taking a smaller dose, 2.5 followed by another .5 about thirty minutes or so later(give or take) and all has been fine.

UNTIL TODAY....

Had a fucking great weekend, took 3 grams along with some drinks both Friday and Saturday night, as I have been the last couple of weeks, no issue. The day after, Sunday, was fine and then came Monday.

I had these surges of feeling like I may have a heart attack or pass out, which also can resemble a panic attack, I debated going to the hospital and had to ask for a ride home on the behalf I was scared to drive. I sought out a school health center or a nurse but my cheap ass school had neither and ended up lurking in the nursing building.

Now, I'm just unsure what to do, I get massive benefit from phenibut, to the point it is literally life changing, and now this scare has me stumped.

I don't know what to do, obviously the smart thing would be stop, but maybe, and hopefully this could be a one time thing?

Last edited:
Well despite this negative experience, it is quite enjoyable.

I just need to find the right middle ground, don't plan on taking it daily or anything like that, hopefully 3 days out the week max.

Famous last words? Oh how I remember saying that when I got aboard the opiate train! And it doesn't matter what the substance is, we swear we are only going to take it on this schedule we come up with. Then a year down the road you look up only to discover that you are addicted.

Your best bet is to forget it.

Famous last words? Oh how I remember saying that when I got aboard the opiate train! And it doesn't matter what the substance is, we swear we are only going to take it on this schedule we come up with. Then a year down the road you look up only to discover that you are addicted.

Your best bet is to forget it.

I've kept it up, no more then two days usually, with no impulse to go past that.

I don't know why, but phenibut has been described as being damn near crack like as far as addiction goes.

Benzos have always saved me from similar situations, alot if them were induced by WEED though!

classic panic. I get that from phen too

Well just connected the dots, it is rebound high blood pressure, and I had it tonight.

I was freaking out, noticing this numbness in my hands and arm, looked into it, and that is notable of high blood pressure.

Looking back to the last incident I had with this, I had my BP taken and it was high, and I didn't connect the dots to it being the sole cause, but I think it may be.

Hopefully this clonidine will be the solution.