• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Extreme potentiation and 2 day trip (DXM)

Jamaican Junkie

Greenlighter
I am lucky to not be in hospital and I never realised during the trip. Glad I didn't or that trip could have definitely went downhill.

00:10-15AM I took 375mg DXM. Real good 2nd plateau ensued. Drank a mixture of Lemon, Seville Orange and some other unknown seedless Orange in a juice, this was the start of an extreme serotonin session. Layed done flat on my back in my bedroom for about an hour. Popped in my headphones after half an hour. Felt the slight beginnings of a DXM trip. Took out my headphones waiting for the trip to properly start.

1:45AM Definitely hit me. Put headphones back on. Playing House music and Drum and Bass. Music sounds intense as usual with a 1st-2nd plateau trip.

2:30AM Took a dose of some American DPH cough syrup thing, that my mum had brought back from Jamaica. It was a redose of DXM and this intensified the trip up to an high 3rd plateau. It contained 235mg DXM, 200mg DPH and 250mg Psuedoephedrine. This significantly altered the trip as well as intensifying it. The insertion of extra DXM intensified the trip (this is an unknown risk as redosing DXM can have numerous outcomes), the DPH added a new element and the Psuedoephedrine caused the trip to change. The DXM pushed the trip into a high 3rd plateau. Extreme dissociation, my brain and the music was in a different world, numbness struct my body. I tried to dance at some point and failed miserably had no control of my body. The delirious nature of DPH edited the trip and the visual increased. I saw and ant hill with ants of my bed, a face followed by the body holding a camera come out of a wardrobe and the coats hanging on the door of my room had tall people in them. CEV's and OEV's clashed heavily. Psuedoephedrine sped the trip up more and changed the way my head felt, that mind floating and disconnected from body feeling. It didn't feel worldly but it sort of gave me a less dissociation feel.

My serotonin levels must have been extreme but somehow I made it. At this point I also drank a glass of pomegranate juice. Pomegranate juice is know to inhibit the enzyme CP450 family (most importantly CYP2D6 and CYPD3A4) more effectively than Grapefruit juice second only to Starfruit.

4:30AM more pomegranate juice.

5:00-30AM trip has peaked. Felt a sort of comedown from the first amount of DXM beginning combined with the feeling of the second amount peaking, best I could describe it. The feelin was incredible dissociation. Lack of thoughts and feelings. Music still sounds great though. Visuals were everywhere, OEV's and CEV's. Dots, trails, objects tiltings. A CEV that struck out was one which I saw the insides of a cathedral. I saw thousands of interconnecting spirals. And I saw different flowers. This all in my bedroom.

6:00AM Needed to piss. Mum was in the bathroom, washing getting ready for an early shift at work. Realised I had to move quick incase she came out and saw me. Struggled making down the stairs. Head felt like I was a bobble head toy. Took a piss and drank a more pomegranate juice. Came back to my bedroom. Picked up my phone put in my headphones and listened to more music.

6:20ish-11:00AM. Don't know what happened. I think I probably hit 4th platuae unexpectedly. Sort of woke up with headphones sitting leaned up against a wall in my bed.

The whole day, felt like I was having a 2nd platuae trip the whole day. Dilated pupils whole strong persistent closed eye visuals. Slept a little bit barely thought about anything. Listened to music. Wish I had smoked the gram of grapefruit weed that was under my bed.

Did I mention I did this and I had taken 50mg loratdine (claratin) an antihistamine earlier on in the day before I had took any DXM. Both are metabolised by enzyme CYP2D6.

Holy cow dude, if you don't have any enzymatic pathways left to break down and excrete those drugs, and their metabolites, they'll linger around for hours to days and cause much more toxicity to your body. I cringed every time I read about you taking another big dose of a psychotropic drug (with a heavy body load, no less) and then another dose of an enzyme inhibitor. I can imagine feeling very "polluted" during and after this bender, and your trip report gives off this vibe. Might want to lay off the drugs for awhile and get your LFTs checked in a couple months.