• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Solitude

Simple Hatred

Bluelighter
Hi guys
It is a bit of time I don't want to be with other people. I don't know why and I don't know if this is or isn't a problem. Someone help and give me an answer of my problem? Sometimes I think solitude it's awesome, sometimes I'll want someone with (no girlfriend) but a fucking friend to talk. But when there is some friend to talk to I want to be alone. But why?? I'm really confused. To be alone for a while time could help myself? Or I could just make the situation worse? Sorry for my bad english. Please someone give me an answer. Thanks.

I think wanting to be alone can be very healthy or unhealthy depending on why you want it. If you want to be alone because you want the time to think or write or simply to learn how to be at peace with yourself without attachment to others, then I think it is great. If however you want to be alone because you always feel negative feelings about everyone else or you compare yourself to other people or want to hide from any number of difficulties in relating to other people, then i don't think it is healthy--at least not for any length of time.

Most things aren't good or bad, they just are. It's how you feel about it that matters.;)

I think wanting to be alone can be very healthy or unhealthy depending on why you want it. If you want to be alone because you want the time to think or write or simply to learn how to be at peace with yourself without attachment to others, then I think it is great. If however you want to be alone because you always feel negative feelings about everyone else or you compare yourself to other people or want to hide from any number of difficulties in relating to other people, then i don't think it is healthy--at least not for any length of time.

Exactly this. I used to be very isolated and my phone was the devil, i would ignore it and switch it of because every time it rang i'd panic even if it was someone i knew. Next time your phone rings think about how it makes you feel and make a note. Your isolation may not so bad but it's a good benchmark regardless.

I don't understand if I'm happy when someone search me or if it saddens me. Indifference it's possible? I don't know. I seem to not understand my emotions.

Not sure if this is the answer you want but let me give you a personal experience.

Often times, I don't want to hear people or see people. So I ignore others. Then I find I suddenly am not hearing form anyone; Like tonight, and seek companionship, but nobody wants to bother because I haven't given them the time of day.

So I dare say; tread carefully? You don't want to push everyone away just yet.

OP, I think understanding your own emotions is the hardest thing in the world but it's a fascinating endeavor.

Feel the same as you OP. I need my time alone, but I also need human contact. I know I have bad experiences with social-ness.. I've always felt behind everyone else, like I don't understand language very well when people talk. So this makes me want to pull away from people because I know as a child how horrible people can be if you're not like them, and how horrible you can be to yourself for not living up to the expectation of being "normal". Plus adults talk a lot of shit and my patience for that is pretty low.

Just got to find the right people that's all.

Feel the same as you OP. I need my time alone, but I also need human contact. I know I have bad experiences with social-ness.. I've always felt behind everyone else, like I don't understand language very well when people talk. So this makes me want to pull away from people because I know as a child how horrible people can be if you're not like them, and how horrible you can be to yourself for not living up to the expectation of being "normal". Plus adults talk a lot of shit and my patience for that is pretty low.

Just got to find the right people that's all.

Unfortunately, everyone bad mouths everyone all the time, it just goes unnoticed in groups of good friends.

i feel as if your feelings are perfectly normal. i enjoy my alone time, and i believe that alone time is healthy for personal growth and development. of course, everyone has their own opinion but that's mine. some days i just like to be alone, with my own thoughts, writing, painting....whatever. sometimes i just do not want to be bothered by anyone and just have a day to myself. other times, i like to be surrounded by my friends. so i think it varies from person to person, but i also feel it's "normal" to feel the way you do.

I found "peace " and i am so happy for this . I think if i am alone isn't bad . Thanks everybody .