• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos social anxiety completly destroyd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ. Has bluelight gone benzo-phobic.

All I'm saying is give the guy advice but don't litter the thread with scare mongering bullshit just because you've been a raging addict. OP is already an addict, why try scare them? They know the score. Give them the bad side without the fucking drama and sensationalism.

Benzos have changed my life positively but im not raving about it with my elaborate story because i know the score with long term use, which hasnt lost any efficacy personally, which is what you seem to assume is gping to happen.

Ill bow out of the thread now too. If you wanna hash it out pm me.

Good lucj OP.

there's lots of evidence that benzos are much more effective in the short term (2-4 weeks) than they are in the long run and there's certainly many anecdotes of people getting burned with long term usage.

wiki said:
NICE stated that long-term use of benzodiazepines for panic disorder with or without agoraphobia is an unlicensed indication, does not have long-term efficacy, and is, therefore, not recommended by clinical guidelines. Psychological therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy are recommended as a first-line therapy for panic disorder; benzodiazepine use has been found to interfere with therapeutic gains from these therapies. [...] Compared to other pharmacological treatments, benzodiazepines are twice as likely to lead to a relapse of the underlying condition upon discontinuation. Psychological therapies and other pharmacological therapies are recommended for the long-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. Antidepressants have higher remission rates and are, in general, safe and effective in the short and long term.

Put it this way; of all the benzo users I've read about who take them daily/regularly for months+, especially for anxiety, I've yet to meet one that didn't have to escalate their dose and end up regretting it.

I totally agree sekio. thanks for saving the drama

So i came back.

Wow your willing to let the stuff go that you were right about? You just had to add that in didnt you? Oh god you sure are the bigger man here obviously ha. I'm not a fan of apology's especially ones like yours which is really only more insults.

The fact that you think I should be less stubborn than you both amuses me and also annoys me.

Wasnt an apology. And u clearly cant let it go either as u continue to reply....

I was trolling bc i gave the guy advice which is also what he wants to continue to do? K... i think YOU guys look more like the trolls bc clearly the guy is gonna keep using the stuff and wants to and likes it and yet all u can say is DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT... this is a harm reduction site, not a "do what i say" site.

Great post, Sekio, nice to see people backing up their statements with proof.

Take it from most of us who speak from experience with long-term benzo usage and the ensuing monster of benzo-dependence and tolerance: the honeymoon period won't last! It never does, unfortunately. They're a miracle drug for a really short time, and GABA tolerance rises so quickly that before you know it you're taking benzos to feel the same way you did before medicating! Trust us, benzos are not a mate you want to spend the rest of your life with! ;)

We're not here to diss or put people down, we're here to share raw experiences and to try to spread harm reduction... we're responding because we give a shit. Reading people's experiences here and learning from their mistakes is a godsend that shouldn't be muddled by ridiculous arguments or bickering... we're all on the same boat, more or less.

Sounds like somebodys mad their doctor didn't give then a Valium script.
Medication is not always the answer it makes things worse long term short term sure he's happy but its not real. Life is pain we need to learn ways to deal with it not sweep it under the rug and hope itll go away(it never goes away) Social anxiety is a very real disorder my mom can't leave the house anymore from it I'm stuck taking care of her now I have for the past 15 years she's been on every benzo and anti depressant in the book yet she doesn't take the time to deal with her problems she tried to hide all these years and now she is paying for it and wishing day in and day out that she would finally die. She does nothing she sits at home all day staring and it breaks my heart to see her this way. We all suffer now the whole family we see her this way but she is unable to help herself I believe she is too far gone for help. It seems all she talks about is how she prays to god before bed that she won't wake up and this is no way for anybody to live. I know first hand social anxiety disorder is not a joke and I also know benzos don't help the problem they are not a magic pill to solve all your social problems they tend to make things worse.

Benzos are a short term solution to a long term problem we are not being unsupportive its actually quite the opposite we don't want him to end up like my mother and many others on this forum.

Dude... i keep calling you stupid because YOU ARE. you keep saying u said something u clearly never said.... THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST. NO WHERE IN THIS POST DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SUBS AND YOU ON SUBS.... so, then i called u out on being a sub addict, and THEN u say "i said i was in the first post...." which you NEVER DID. So yes u are a MORON

Ur a hypocrite because u are an addict the same as him... but going to try and tell him his is worse... wtf is that? I mean really?

there's lots of evidence that benzos are much more effective in the short term (2-4 weeks) than they are in the long run and there's certainly many anecdotes of people getting burned with long term usage.

Put it this way; of all the benzo users I've read about who take them daily/regularly for months+, especially for anxiety, I've yet to meet one that didn't have to escalate their dose and end up regretting it.

I have been taking 2 mg lorazepam daily for a year and I didn't escalate my dose. Ok, every once in a while I took a larger dose than the prescribed one by my doctor, but I don't see the reason why I should increase my dose. I don't think benzos are fun recreationally, so I take my normal dose just because I need it for sleeping. I also didn't notice a decrease in efficiency after a year of daily use

i hit tolerance really effin quick. i can't wait until withdrawal is over. i can't wait to put my life back together.

Dude... i keep calling you stupid because YOU ARE. you keep saying u said something u clearly never said.... THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST. NO WHERE IN THIS POST DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SUBS AND YOU ON SUBS.... so, then i called u out on being a sub addict, and THEN u say "i said i was in the first post...." which you NEVER DID. So yes u are a MORON

He said JUST BECAUSE HIS FIRST POST DIDN'T SAY "I'M ON SUBS" you are calling him a hypocrite. NOT THAT HE DID SAY IT.
You sir are too stupid to argue with.
Pay attention homie.

Ur a hypocrite because u are an addict the same as him... but going to try and tell him his is worse... wtf is that? I mean really?

Benzo addiction IS worse than opiate addiction.. keep it coming with the smarts you have..

I was trolling bc i gave the guy advice which is also what he wants to continue to do? K... i think YOU guys look more like the trolls bc clearly the guy is gonna keep using the stuff and wants to and likes it and yet all u can say is DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT... this is a harm reduction site, not a "do what i say" site.

We are doing our job in harm reduction.
Re-read my second line in my post, but in case you are unable to understand that.. ill quote it for you

You sir are too stupid to argue with

-HOOD

Now i understand that us ambassadors are held to be welcoming to new members, so if the mods wanna delete this post it's fine.
BUT once in a while you get a member that is like trying to explain algebra to a brick wall.

Last edited:
blah blah blah I don't have social skills blah blah blah I don't have my own opinions so I come on to the internet to troll and rile people up blah blah blah blah your a MORON blah blah blah blah more names, etc etc.

haha you really crack me up here I am trying to stop somebody from possibly becoming an addict before its too late and your calling me a hippocrite because I've been through addiction the last ten years of my life?
I would be a moron/hippocrite if I never did drugs had no experience and started telling him about addiction.
I'm sorry though mabye we should all have tags under our names so people like you don't call us hippocrites under my name it will say

What about sekio is he a hippocrite too? Is he stupid too? It doesn't sound like sekio is giving personal experience so what does that make him?

ATTENTION:
IM A OPIATE ADDICT DONT LISTEN TO ANY ADVICE I GIVE YOU ABOUT ADDICTION BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT MYSELF THEREFORE I WOULD BE A HIPPOCRITE TO GIVE ADVICE TO OTHER PEOPLE REGARDING ADDICTION.

I never said I was better than him and I'm still waiting for you to call me out on something you have yet to do so.

We said don't take it daily be careful with escalating your dose Etc. This is HR yes it is telling him what to do but he asked our opinion how else do we help him reduce harm besides telling him what we think he should do and giving ideas on how to reduce harm?
I don think you added anything useful in the way of HR all you did was come on and call us stupid then told the OP to disregard what 95% of us said about benzos being dangerous and to Quote "do what you want what makes you happy"

We are all in pain so we look for ways to stop it but becoming addicted to drugs and masking it doesn't make them go away. We have all been in your position and made excuses for why we use Will you be ready to face years of withdrawal symptoms and the lifetime of addiction that never leaves you? I've seen too many people end up 100 times worse than they were due to using drugs for their problems like this but every one started off like you thinking they can control it and who cares it makes me happy for the moment fuck the future .

I understand being in pain and wanting a quick fix but I also know what happened to me eventually everything I hid from with drugs came back at once and really started fucking with my mind. Now I see my mom screwed over and miserable/suicidal from being on the crap for years and it tears my heart out to see.

Being in a drugged up state of mind brings its own set of problems is all I have to say.

You happy? You chose the wrong post here I clearly state I've been In pain and wanted a quick fix yet the bandaid didn't last very long. Once again on your quest to "call me out" you have failed.

I don't think these posts are helping the OP so if you want to bash me for no reason please take it to my PM box if you must act this way.

Last edited:
I think this thread should just about come to an end now, it's going nowhere fast.

We've heard from both the yes-benzos and no-benzos camps. So that's that.

PM me or another OD mod if you want to add more to this thread, otherwise, it's going to be closed. Too much arguing.

... and telling someone to "do what makes you feel happy" is not really HR at all. Doing a shitload of heroin would make some people happy but we don't advocate it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.