• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos social anxiety completly destroyd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta get on an airplane tomorrow at 7 am I could use some of that! Man I am freaking out I havent been on an airplane in 14 years man wow crap wow damn. Anyway haha

Yeah, have fun when the ride's over and you're addicted to both and your social anxiety is so crippling you can't leave your bedroom for months at a time. Be warned.

For real man, that's the shit I'm going through now and I only ever took my benzos as prescribed. Fuck the benzo train. I wish I would have researched them before I ever took them. Finally broke down at the psychiatrist's today and she decided to put an end to my taper and bumped me up from 7.5mg to 10mg as long as I agreed to try tegretol for a month.

Benzos should only be used for *panic* situations and the emergency room for seizures, withdrawal, surgery, etc. Taking anything as a means to socialize will do far more harm than good and you're much better off pushing yourself into uncomfortable situations until you desensitize. Benzos should be the absolute last resort after every other option has been exhausted.

Benzo brain is mad fuckery dude. You got benzo brain telling you to off yourself in one ear and your ex wife and dad yelling it in the other. I had social anxiety. Now I'm agoraphobic. Take heed with those drugs. VERY bad on the mind/body. Seriously shoulda stuck to smack (which I highly do not reccomend as well).

Benzo brain is mad fuckery dude. You got benzo brain telling you to off yourself in one ear and your ex wife and dad yelling it in the other. I had social anxiety. Now I'm agoraphobic. Take heed with those drugs. VERY bad on the mind/body. Seriously shoulda stuck to smack (which I highly do not reccomend as well).
I took 6 mg a day for about a year to poster above, been on benzo's for 3 years took a lot more some days.yo I wondered about the agoraphobia seems like a lasting effect.. the first 14 days or so though I felt like everything was right next to me no matter how far and everything was disorted I couldn't walk straight falling everywhere couldnt see shit or things would stay in my vision in 3's really scary scary shit. But shit a lil diazapam isnt gonna hurt you just keep it like that :)

Last edited:
felt like you were a fighter pilot in g-lock huh? yeah if yours is goin away that quickly you'll probably be right as rain in a few months. mine wouldn't have ever lasted this fucking long if i had never kept coming back to it. i was on lorazepam for 3 years, introduced me to dizzy diaz my mistress. take care, it does end one fucking day.

I cannot believe all the moronic and completely unsupportive responses on here. The dude said hes FINALLY able to enjoy shit and not be totally anxious about everything he does anymore.. i think that is fucking great. Anyone who has ever experienced social anxiety knows how bad it can be and how bad u wish u could just be normal and not have your heart racing like a freaking antelope running from a cheetah over just being in public... whats wrong with the guy taking this.shit forever and being addicted to and "crippled" by it if it helps him so much as he has stated? I think its about time doctors fucking wised up and actually listen to their patients about what helps them and what doesnt instead of just thinking "doctor knows best" when they are not in that persons skin and do not know how a particular drug makes them feel... jesus fucking christ i cant believe the idiocy in this place

Sounds like somebodys mad their doctor didn't give then a Valium script.
Medication is not always the answer it makes things worse long term short term sure he's happy but its not real. Life is pain we need to learn ways to deal with it not sweep it under the rug and hope itll go away(it never goes away) Social anxiety is a very real disorder my mom can't leave the house anymore from it I'm stuck taking care of her now I have for the past 15 years she's been on every benzo and anti depressant in the book yet she doesn't take the time to deal with her problems she tried to hide all these years and now she is paying for it and wishing day in and day out that she would finally die. She does nothing she sits at home all day staring and it breaks my heart to see her this way. We all suffer now the whole family we see her this way but she is unable to help herself I believe she is too far gone for help. It seems all she talks about is how she prays to god before bed that she won't wake up and this is no way for anybody to live. I know first hand social anxiety disorder is not a joke and I also know benzos don't help the problem they are not a magic pill to solve all your social problems they tend to make things worse.

Benzos are a short term solution to a long term problem we are not being unsupportive its actually quite the opposite we don't want him to end up like my mother and many others on this forum.

Last edited:
Fuck train, sry to hear about your mom dude. My moms got some serious mental illness too so I kinda know what your dealing with man. There's nothing more painful than watching the person who gave u life be miserable and being totally helpless to make her happy. It's easily the most depressing feeling in the world. They just wait to die and can't be happy in any way, fuck man, that a bitch to deal with dude...

I know cliffy its been horrible for me to watch this happen to my mom and it angers me to know its mainly because oF the fucked uo shit my father did to her over the years then to find out he even did everything in his power to keep the kids out of his will and to make sure my Mon didn't get part of his pension. Can't belive how much money my dad had yet he did the things he did he just was a sadist I suppose who knows.
But this is life cliffy, we don't get what we deserve, we simply get what we get and there's nothing we can do about it. We have to play the cards we are given to the best of our ability.

Sorry to hear about your mom too my friend its such a shame they don't realise how it effects us not just them whether they like it or not we will always love them and want the best for them.

I know its a short term fix to a long term issue, i'd like to work on the underlying issues but being a college student i don't have health insurance and so i turn to street drugs to help me. i'll do what i have to do to be happy, even if its just for now.

i am not trolling. i recognize i have issues, there's no excuses but i was raised by two pill poppers so you know i eventually raided my moms stash and yea i abuse prescription pills regularly. i understand the negative effects of this but at this point in my life (22 yo) i really just want to enjoy my young years, even have i have to deal with the eventual cessation of all these miracle pills.

i am not trolling. i recognize i have issues, there's no excuses but i was raised by two pill poppers so you know i eventually raided my moms stash and yea i abuse prescription pills regularly. i understand the negative effects of this but at this point in my life (22 yo) i really just want to enjoy my young years, even have i have to deal with the eventual cessation of all these miracle pills.

The "eventual cessation of the miracle pills" isn't as easy as just stopping taking them, feel sick for a week, then back to normal.
Nooo it's quite a mind fuck, that lasts a while and then when done wding just when you think the worst is over.. something happens to make you wanna go back to them simply because you dont have the tools in life to learn to deal with it without drugs. It's a shitty cycle that most of us bike, we just gotta break the chain so to speak.
I'm glad they help you now, they helped me for almost a decade until they didn't anymore, im tapering as we speak... only on day 3 and have a few blown blood vessels in my eyes from puking so hard my face swells to 2x its size and my eye balls feel like they are coming outta the sockets.
Not to mention this really bad left shoulder pain that i have no idea where it came from, all i know is it feels like it's about to fall off. In fact it's bothering me so much im gonna stop typing.
Best of luck you anyone down this road.

BTW i was a father at 15 and im only 26 now.. so you being 22 years old and wanting to "enjoy the young age" means nothing to me.
My childhood stopped before i could even legally drive.
And that's life.

-HOOD

Last edited:
Sounds like a step in the right direction to me i away from oxys but toterance to benzos increases quicker than anything else

Hood is a real ass mfer son. I had my kid at 17, not at full blown as him but man speaks from fucking experience. My mom gave me my first xanax, not blaming her but it opened the door and now she is a fucking BASKET CASE. I really am not trying to hate on you kid but your making excuses. And when hood says a mind fuck he means a MIND FUCK. imagine seeing the mother of your child's face on your dads and everyone in your family shifting over your own. Not sleeping for months. Living on diet soda. Just take heed kid.

Your 22 man....about a year younger than me...and you sound like a 16 year old kid in highschool who took xanax for the first time and had the balls to strike a conversation with a girl.
Just kidding, Anyway I was raised by a crackhead father so I understand. But I would consider your young years as 15-20.

Once your 21, you should get your aspirations and goals lined up...Not start a monster benzo addiction.

Last edited:
Hood is a real ass mfer son. I had my kid at 17, not at full blown as him but man speaks from fucking experience. My mom gave me my first xanax, not blaming her but it opened the door and now she is a fucking BASKET CASE. I really am not trying to hate on you kid but your making excuses. And when hood says a mind fuck he means a MIND FUCK. imagine seeing the mother of your child's face on your dads and everyone in your family shifting over your own. Not sleeping for months. Living on diet soda. Just take heed kid.

with all due respect to the two of you, your situation means nothing to me. having a child is a conscience decision. you don't know my life. my child hood was stolen from me as well, although it wasn't my conscience decision and it happened way before 15. i look for no pitty from anybody only support in dealing with what (i realize) ive done to myself. there's no excuses but monkey see monkey do. i just think its progress that i'm not shooting heroin, watched my step dad shoot h into my moms veins

already have done that. i'm a college graduate and work full time while going to school to obtain a BA. you people seem to make a lot of assumptions and then i question weather i should even defend myself, seeing as how this is the internet, you probably don't believeme huh? well in any case my drug experimentation has helped me get where im at, my social anxiety is crippling and i'm very proud if what i'm doing in my life but i'd be happy too.

The "eventual cessation of the miracle pills" isn't as easy as just stopping taking them, feel sick for a week, then back to normal.
Nooo it's quite a mind fuck, that lasts a while and then when done wding just when you think the worst is over.. something happens to make you wanna go back to them simply because you dont have the tools in life to learn to deal with it without drugs. It's a shitty cycle that most of us bike, we just gotta break the chain so to speak.
I'm glad they help you now, they helped me for almost a decade until they didn't anymore, im tapering as we speak... only on day 3 and have a few blown blood vessels in my eyes from puking so hard my face swells to 2x its size and my eye balls feel like they are coming outta the sockets.
Not to mention this really bad left shoulder pain that i have no idea where it came from, all i know is it feels like it's about to fall off. In fact it's bothering me so much im gonna stop typing.
Best of luck you anyone down this road.

BTW i was a father at 15 and im only 26 now.. so you being 22 years old and wanting to "enjoy the young age" means nothing to me.
My childhood stopped before i could even legally drive.
And that's life.

-HOOD

Hood

I'm worried about you & the shoulder pain you speak of! That is a sign of serious heart problems or a heart attack! A lot of people think the pain has to radiate down the arm but that is not always true. I know your young, but Benzos are hard on the body & even harder on the body when you try to stop them, as you now. Please, if it gets worse or continues, go to the ER! I have taken Klonopin for over 10 years now & I can't even imagine what you are dealing with. I don't think I will ever be able to get off of them.

Best of luck to you with tapering off the benzos.

Jennie

I had to edit my message. Parts were taken out when I posted it???

Last edited:
already have done that. i'm a college graduate and work full time while going to school to obtain a BA. you people seem to make a lot of assumptions and then i question weather i should even defend myself, seeing as how this is the internet, you probably don't believeme huh? well in any case my drug experimentation has helped me get where im at, my social anxiety is crippling and i'm very proud if what i'm doing in my life but i'd be happy too.

Are you from miami? Just wondering...

kid i hurt so bad the first 6 months of this withdrawal i had to bang a gram of heroin to get out of bed. i had never even seen a bag of heroin before benzo withdrawal. been clean of of everything for several months. 2 months ago my hair was falling out. along with my eyelashes. you're making a bad decision. i'm a tad bit older than you and am just as of very recently beginning to regain any quality of life. you're gonna do what you're gonna do, and my childhood was maddd fucked up and i know if someone would have warned me about the torture i would go through years to follow i would have told my doctor to swiftly shove lorazepam up his ass.

EDIT

all i'm saying is good luck. i'm outie, i wish all i had to worry about was a heroin habit, and at please try to stop whenever you notice any form of withdrawal.

Last edited:
Lot of dick sizing in here with zero benefit to the OP. Save the sob stories for the blog section boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.