• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What's Your New Morning Routine?

wanting

Bluelighter
Today is my 17th day with no opioids. My physical symptoms are nearly all gone (except lingering fatigue and diarrhea), and I'm starting to feel optimistic that I'm actually going to do this. (As determined as I have been, there was lingering doubt because of how awful I felt.)

So yesterday and today, I've discovered a new challenge: What to do for a morning routine now that I don't automatically pop two or three pills. It's a little bit craving, but more of a "wait, something's missing" feeling. Today I popped two Advil instead, just for the feeling. But that doesn't make sense in the long run.

What have you all done? What was most helpful?
Thank you!

Nice work on 17 days wanting:)

Yogurt, two monsters, multivitamin, and vitamine d supplements. an hour or two on blue light and the blue therapy light.. and a dose of tobacco that im cutting that the hell out pretty soon.. but I think the exercise I get in early afternoon is a paramount aspect. around an hour and a half of moderate aerobic exercise, walk run and then lift weights in a rapid fashion that keeps my breathing up the whole time. That and I keep my mind working all day long, just on the right things and not a bunch of useless nonsense.

Wake up, 10 o'clock. Same time every day whether I get shitty sleep or a good rest. Couple cups of coffee, couple waffles, greek yogurt. Cigarette. Vitamin. Watch a tv show from last night. Three S's. Then occupy my time with whatever needs to be done! (Which isn't a whole lot right now, honestly. Just trying to get my drive back and get out of trouble.)

Congrats on 17 days, man. That's big. That's always a big turning point for me right around there. I can honestly say I haven't felt this complete without opiates/benzos/any drug since I was about 14 years old. Keep up the great work. It's so amazing when you start to get enjoyment out of life again. And you will if you aren't already!

Last edited:
oatmeal and banana for breakfast + vitamins+ exercise in the afternoon or watch movies/series when I can as soon as I get home from work.

Usually up by 6:30, make coffee and turn on the computer. Fill up the bird feeders and put peanuts out for the squirrels. Take my morning meds and stretch to get my blood flowing. Browse the web for a couple hours. Then we make our store runs, like to do this early before they get too busy.

Wake up
put the kettle on for tea
drink tea while smoking a cigarette
go for a run/jog
stretch
beat up a punching bag
stretch