• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

^
Yes. The gummies (trouches) are designed to be administered under the tongue where it will be absorbed into the bloodstream through the mucous membrane just like the pills and strips.

On an unrelated note, I am curious if anyone else has noticed what I have from the new generic suboxone tablets.
I haven't gotten the unpleasant headaches I would get from the brand name Suboxone (both strips & tabs). Also, there is no horrible taste from injecting the generics either.

I wouldnt advise it. Youd have to wait at least 72hrs after dosing methadone before taking the suboxone. If you need to take something before the subs (an opiate, I mean), use one with a short half life. But take NOTHING the day before dosing sub, waiting about 24hrs to take it (unless its methadone in which case you need to wait at least 72hrs).

I have a question regarding Buprenorphine withdrawl:

I am currently taking ~0,5mg a day via snorting and want to jump off. Before that I will taper down further until 0,2/0,1mg.
I know this seems to be nothing for some people but the last time I withdrew from other opis (Kratom, Codeine, DHC) I started puking very bad at day 2 and could not eat for nearly a week so it is serious despite the low dose.

What is the best way to minimize nausea and/or prevent the throwing up? Diphenhydramine did not help and just made the RLS worse. Now I have MCP tablets and hope they will help.
I also got Gabapentin and a few Benzos but am afraid that I cant keep the Gaba down which would be pretty bad since it does help a lot with the symptoms...

Thank you in advance :)

Last time I jumped off I was at .5mg as well. I withdrew for 3wks. I only used diphen (which I also think is shit for detoxing purposes) naproxen and immodium. It suuuucked. Are you normally a puker? I just get the shits, the hot/cold thing, RLS, bad anxiety.

Id say try taken the gabapentin with as small an amount of liquid as possible. I dont know how to minimize nausea ... Dramamine maybe? I know when ive been in detox they would give me this gel like medication to rub on my wrists, I forgot what its called.

Just curious.. I just IV'd my suboxone film (less than a quarter of the strip) and I was wondering if I can shoot d now or is the naloxone gonna block it? I'm just curious because i dont know how much different shooting subs is vs under the tongue ...

Itll definitelt minimize the effects of the heroin. Really depends on how much you took. Many ppl w experience, including myself, find that if the sub dose is above 2-4mg ... You should wait a cpl days before using a full agonist. There are many variables, the strength or potency of H for example. Ive shot up H a day after shooting 4-8 mg sub and felt a very slight rush. Now I only IV under 2mg sub at a time, and even still would prefer waiting at least 24hrs to shoot a full agonist (72hrs to guarantee that id feel it 100%) Each person seems to have slightly dif findings.

In sum: id wait a day or two if you really dont want to waste the shot. Just my 2cents

Id say try taken the gabapentin with as small an amount of liquid as possible. I dont know how to minimize nausea ... Dramamine maybe? I know when ive been in detox they would give me this gel like medication to rub on my wrists, I forgot what its called.

Thank you for the reply. And no, I am normally not a puker. I got the MCP pills for nausea but dont know if they would prevent that.
I took my last dose (~0,3mg) the day before yesterday. Yesterday and today some Kratom and tomorrow I'll start with some Clonazepam.
I also have a miniscule amount of Bupre (less than 0,1mg) which helped me back then.

Wish me good luck. I have to be capable attending a funeral next week...

Good luck! Sounds like youre doing great so far. The clonazepam will be handy for sure as will the kratom (ive never tried kratom but have done a fair amount of reading about it).

You know, what seemed to be almost 'most' important was having something to get lost in like music, a movie or tv show. Constant distraction. Do you have limited clons or a script to work with? Make sure to stay hydrated. Update on your progress!

Limited amount...like only 2mg. But I'll just need it for sleep the first two days. And lots of Gabapentin which is far better than Benzos for Opi WD in my experience.
Some Herb and Loperamide should help with the rest. Thx again, I'll update.

Has anyone else tired the Generic Orange colored 8mg suboxone tabs? Felt like crap for 2 weeks since I started taking them.

Has anyone else tired the Generic Orange colored 8mg suboxone tabs? Felt like crap for 2 weeks since I started taking them.

Have you been on maintenance with the brand name Suboxone then switched? Ivebeen having the same problem with the 2mg orange generic for a few months. Other people have reported weird reactions with the inactive ingredients. You should talk to your doctor and pharmacist as soon as you can and get it resolved.

I went off the deep end after feeling very ill from them, it's best to talk to your medical providers.

Update on your progress!

Hey, so yeah...I decided to use low doses of Bupe until the funeral next week because I want to be present there in full capacity and can't allow my family to know of my habit.
Therefore I got some more Benzos and either will taper down again as low as possible or replace it with Kratom for a few days before jumping of completely.

Thanks for your kind words though. I want to be clean when the spring really starts because I want to travel and live a normal life again :)

Hi,

What is a good dose to jump off? I am now on 1,5mg, i can feel it allready last not long enough, but i can easily still sleep good and long. I go down to 1,3 mg the next three days. Its hard to gauge the exact dose, but i want 2x2mg last 3 days. After that i want to go down to 1mg for some days and then maybe one or two days to 0,5mg and jump off with the help per the standart withdrawals procedure (Pregabalin, Loperamide, Clonidine, Cannabinoids and maybe Benzos if the ride gets too rough). I have high hopes the jump from Bupre will not be all that bad, because i can feel it not agonizing all receptors. I.e. when i transition from full agonist i feel bad for some days. I would probably taper slower, but i dont have so much time to regenerate after withdrawal and its fucking hard to break these 2mg pills into a reasonable shaped size, so i know how much i dose, dont even talk about the 8 mg ones, that i also get....

Hey trip, while I never was on very high doses my experience is that jumping off at <0,5mg is the best for minimizing the acute WD.

Another method at the end of my tapering was that I took my usual 0,4mg one day, skipped the next completely and then took 0,4mg the day after that again.
This was proposed by my doc and was ok but I only did it once because well, the one day off inbetween sucks but the Bupe may hold you ~36hours+.

In a thread about Bupe potentiation with Cimetedine the OP mentioned that this caused his Bupe holding him longer, so you could look into that as well.

You could also weigh the pills, pulverize them and weigh your doses if you own a good scale. So you would have more accurate tapering dosages.

Also maybe look into Kratom for the first days of withdrawl.

/Brainstorm

Good luck dude, I have to jump off next week too. Lets update eachother if you want :)

Last edited:
6part7's alcohol method, greatly increases the BA sublingually of any form of buprenorphine.
I highly suggest this during taper, and also to stock up on your scripts, since generally all sub doctors over prescribe. But they have gained a lot more intelligence then they had back in 09 and 2010.
My sub Doc is smart, but cool.
There are a ton out there, it really is not hard to get some kind of insurance now adays and go get a prescription for suboxone/subutex. You just have to be ready to quit and get clean. If not stop even wasting your time with buprenorphine, and go on out and cop some of your cities finest.

SUBOXONE is for maintenance, and Detox.

Not... "o im just going to use these subs when I get sick and cant get dope". Also weekend warriors, in my opinion this is ignorant.

This addiction life is a battle, and you have to want to overcome it.

Thats all thanks

Also I would like to add, I was just recently prescribed suboxone for the first time, and probably only because I went through CMH and got put on Medicaid. I have been an IV heroin user for 5 years. Finally I decided after 5 years of raw heroin addiction and a year in the county, to get my self stable before I started using again and going down the same road ive been down many times,

Why doesn't suboxon help me

Every time I go on a 3-5 day run and then stop to go back on suboxone (I know I'm not doing the right thing by doing this), I still feel heavy heavy WD's for a good 3-5 days. I wait over 24 hrs to take it and I wait until I feel horrible. Yesterday morning was the last time I used my drug of choice and used less than I regularly do, this morning I woke up after a crappy night of walking up every hour and sweating, tried to relax and watch TV. Then gave in and took 2mg sub. It did nothing. Didn't make me feel worse or anything but definitely not better either. I just did 2 bags of DOC because I have to do a bunch of stuff today around other people I know. And I can't play the "I have the flu" card again. I only have 4 bags left. These 2 didn't do much because of the sub, which is ok. I just need to stop. I was just in the hospital for a nasty abcess, and my mom (rightfully) lost it. She said she will pull out of the house she's putting in her name that I'm gonna rent from her, and where I'm living now, the landlord is real strict so if I lose my job she can kick me out. I really don't want to be homeless and broke. I just want to stop this time for good. I know i say that every time but this time I will lose everything. How can I effectively use the subs to get clean?

Every time I go on a 3-5 day run and then stop to go back on suboxone (I know I'm not doing the right thing by doing this), I still feel heavy heavy WD's for a good 3-5 days. I wait over 24 hrs to take it and I wait until I feel horrible. Yesterday morning was the last time I used my drug of choice and used less than I regularly do, this morning I woke up after a crappy night of walking up every hour and sweating, tried to relax and watch TV. Then gave in and took 2mg sub. It did nothing. Didn't make me feel worse or anything but definitely not better either. I just did 2 bags of DOC because I have to do a bunch of stuff today around other people I know. And I can't play the "I have the flu" card again. I only have 4 bags left. These 2 didn't do much because of the sub, which is ok. I just need to stop. I was just in the hospital for a nasty abcess, and my mom (rightfully) lost it. She said she will pull out of the house she's putting in her name that I'm gonna rent from her, and where I'm living now, the landlord is real strict so if I lose my job she can kick me out. I really don't want to be homeless and broke. I just want to stop this time for good. I know i say that every time but this time I will lose everything. How can I effectively use the subs to get clean?
Yeah for some reason the subs dont fully work for the first few days, I just recently started experiencing this. I've had a script for 2mg for over 2 years....Recently I went on a run for about 3 weeks. The day I stopped I waited 24hrs and took my sub, but this time it didnt work 100%, maybe only 50%. I'm on day 6 now and I think its finally starting to work again, I just feel normal. I dont have that "sub buzz" when I take it yet, but hopefully itll come back soon. It was scary for me because I had never experienced subs not fully working like that. But I think it just takes awhile when u go out on a run... Anyway, I hope it works out for u, stay on subs and dont fuck around too much...

Ok, I have a couple quick questions before I begin.
Do you have a Legitimate Prescription to suboxone/subutex (idc really how you obtain them but I just need to know to help you)
Also it is definitely a good decision to get your own script for many reasons.

If you do have a Legitimate Prescription what dose are you supposed to take? And how frequent?

Now listen the reason you feel so much shittier each time you quit/take a break from your sub maintenance and use your old DOC it just makes the suboxone seem less efficient because you almost naturally found a way to overcome it strength of it binding to your receptors, and how you did this is stoping the sub and starting the DOC BINGE 2-3 is plenty of time to interfere and set back your already hard work for success!

Suboxone is a maintenance/Detox Drug. Not a full blown. NARCOTIC. But anyways each time you stop/pause the sub dosing and go out and use and then go back to the subs it just makes it that much harder to use again, also it will take much longer each time to actually feel comfy and euphoric from your suboxone. So therefore the best conclusion is this to wait to get on suboxone maintenance untill you are fully ready to quit for good and actually give it a try, no week end warrior shit either. Just dont bother or put your self through that. You say you want to quit and get clean well theres the start, then if you dont already get a legit script and stabilize on a correct dose. Also remember, with buprenorphine less is more and Docs tend to over prescribe. Which can be good and bad remember less is more with bupe. Also even when you take higer doses you actually feel nothing but unpleasant side effects less is more, and bupe is an amazing maintenance drug if your ready to quit.

I am an IV user of fine eastcoast H for 5 years, finally got some insurance and decided I got to quit or I will die, because jail sucks, so fuckkkk prison lol. But anyways I ve been on suboxone now for about 31/2months no relapses and I feel amazing, and I am prescribed 12mg daily and I only take 2mg in the A.M. and 2mg P.M
so only 4mg a day, and I plan to taper soon.

Just for a conclusion dont jump from sub to dope to sub to dope to sub to dope and think shit is going to be fine, pick one or the other and take care, I hope and pray you get on some, suboxone program and stick with it you Can do it!!!! I did, go to suboxone.com and enter your zipcode and bammmmm usually good amount of doctors, just call them all find best bet and there you go, as always.

Take Care,
Be Safe.

I've been seeing a sub doctor for almost ten years now. He's the same as all the others, give him money for a prescription. I've also seen countless psychiatrists and psychologists and counselors and been in all kinds of programs. I get all the labels: PTSD, bipolar, borderline personality, depression, anxiety, OCD.. But nothing ever gets fixed or really even addressed. I see the psychiatrist once a month For maybe ten minutes and try a bunch of SSRI's that don't work. Then I see the counselor who I tell about how awful I feel and they just stare at me. No talk about triggers, coping skills, how to feel less like a suicidal zombie loser... So I Just keep relapsing. I have severe anxiety and depression, I'm super lonely, very depressed. I don't want to do anything. I'm like paralyzed. My brain is saying "get up" but my body doesn't listen. Same when I get dope. I cry the whole car ride and say "get off at the next exit, turn around, it's not worth it", but my body doesn't listen. I get high so I can take a shower, clean my apartment, go to work and interact with clients and make sales and not get fired. I also have sleep apnea so I'm always tired anyway. I like that boost of energy dope gives me so I can feel functional. Subs never do that for me. They just eventually keep me out of full blown withdrawl, but it takes a good 3-5 days. I've already been on a run almost a week. I'm broke. My parents said they'll disown me if I mess up again and they're all I have. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm terrified because I have to work tomorrow and the bosses will notice something is wrong, and I'll barely be able to make it to work honestly. I hope I can or I'm gonna get fired. I am having crushing anxiety now and I havent even started withdrawing yet. Is there anything I can do to get through this. I have seven 8mg subs and I don't get paid until next fri to go to the doctor and get a new script. I'm prescribed 16mg a day which is obviously way too much. I try to take like 4mg a day. Took 2mg this AM after 20 hours clean, and that was no help at all so did 2 bags IV, still felt Like shit and have a bunch of crap to do today so did 3 more bags around 10am. Obviously the sub blocked it and it was a stupid move but now just feeling tireds depressed anxious and terrified, like my life is about to fall apart and I'm gonna lose everything and theres no point anymore. What should I do now to have the least suffering abd get through work/seeing family without arising too much suspicicion? And any suggestions on staying clean going forward? Thanks for the quick replies too guys!