• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

Getting off Suboxine

Hi everyone so I've been taking Subutex (buprenorphine only, no naloxone) every Saturday for the past 2 or 3 months at doses ranging from 2 mg to 10.
I reached 10 mg about 1 month ago but then I tapered down to 2-3 mg at a time.

Problem is in the last few weeks I've been taking it about 3 times a week in doses of 1-2 mg usually with a day or two in between doses.
Usually it goes like this: tuesday I take 1 mg, Thursday or Friday another mg and Saturday I usually take 2-4 mg max.
I've been taking it with this "schedule" for about 3-4 weeks, is it possible that my body is addicted to it? Or do I need to take it everyday to result in physical addiction? (I'm asking because of the long half-life).

I feel fine if I don't take it for a few days but maybe it takes some more time to feel the withdrawals? How many days should I wait to see how I feel without it?

I know I will soon be mentally addicted if I keep this schedule and I want to tone it down from now on, but I was wondering about the physical aspect.

I plug it BTW as I find it to be a much better ROA than insufflation, it has a stronger effect and it comes up much faster, if anyone has any question about this ROA I'll be glad to answer your questions.

I know subutex is different from suboxone but if you can try to get the sub dissolvable strips.
I've gotten off them by cutting my sub strips little by little and weaning down which worked. Each day take a little less and wait to see how you feel before taking too much as you can get off in a 2 week period if motivated. Its not easy but we all know that. So do it at your own pace and you will notice how your body reacts, as everyone is different(ie metabolism, tolerance etc)
But if you have Xanax, Vals, klonopins etc, they help a lot during the process!
Hope this info helps

I know subutex is different from suboxone but if you can try to get the sub dissolvable strips.
I've gotten off them by cutting my sub strips little by little and weaning down which worked. Each day take a little less and wait to see how you feel before taking too much as you can get off in a 2 week period if motivated. Its not easy but we all know that. So do it at your own pace and you will notice how your body reacts, as everyone is different(ie metabolism, tolerance etc)
But if you have Xanax, Vals, klonopins etc, they help a lot during the process!
Hope this info helps

Hey first of all thanks.

I have these 8mg pills so I can easily dose how much I want, however I dont think I'll taper down like that but I'll most likely just stop taking it altogheter for like a week to see if I feel any WDs.

I don't feel the need to taper since the doses are small and I dont even take it daily, if I will have symptoms they will be very weak anyway and I do have some clonazepam, lormetazepam and flubromazolam in case I need to take the edge off so it will be easy.

I was mainly looking for opinions on wether or not I could be already physically addicted even witth this frequency (every 2 or 3 days and in small doses) but of course an opinion is an opinion and as you said I have to see for myself whether or not I feel ill in the week following my next dose.

how long does it take you to get a "feel" again after taking Suboxone? I've been taking 8MG/day for a while but sometime will still blow throw a G at night. I still get something but nothing too serious; its fent/dope mix and so many tell me how strong but I get nothing special because of all the Suboxone I am on; I still take the same 8MG the very next morning after finishing up my G which I picked up at 9PM by 12AM; even if I skip a day and ill buy another G the following night and not use any Suboxone next morning I still come no where close to getting a full shot. I sometimes feel I am wasting money but its such a mental thing between the pin, blood, rush, etc, that its almost worth wasting the money.

man, such a sick disease; its just damn sad the money I wasted over the past week or so with dope that I barely got a rush off but I TRIED.. I TRIED!

Hey BBT, sorry to see what is going on with you, I hope this chemo knocks the big c out. Can you skip a day of sub or maybe just take smaller dose?? I don't know if you get sick without the full 8mg sub on board but maybe skipping a day or a smaller dose will let you feel it better. You got a lot on your plate, hang in there, I only hope things lighten up for ya.

how long does it take you to get a "feel" again after taking Suboxone? I've been taking 8MG/day for a while but sometime will still blow throw a G at night. I still get something but nothing too serious; its fent/dope mix and so many tell me how strong but I get nothing special because of all the Suboxone I am on; I still take the same 8MG the very next morning after finishing up my G which I picked up at 9PM by 12AM; even if I skip a day and ill buy another G the following night and not use any Suboxone next morning I still come no where close to getting a full shot. I sometimes feel I am wasting money but its such a mental thing between the pin, blood, rush, etc, that its almost worth wasting the money.

man, such a sick disease; its just damn sad the money I wasted over the past week or so with dope that I barely got a rush off but I TRIED.. I TRIED!

man, I honestly never 'felt' dope again, like how I did the first four years of using it, the last three years I'd be lucky to get a good nod even with a death cocktail of CNS depressants, but as far as real warmth and euphoria, not a trace of it, nor was the rush like it used to be, that feeling of pressure buildup and then....release.

I had, (and am now) been on opiates or ORT for about 7-8 years straight, I'm not sure what did it, the methadone or the suboxone, but it seems like my opiate receptors are pretty fried out, and I imagine this could be what's happened to you.

When I used to switch back and forth between subs and heroin, if I was on a dose like you, I'd wait 24 hours, and then start binging on dope. Usually the first day I wouldn't get much other than relief, but by the second day I started to be able to catch nods, and by the third day I was getting as 'high' as it seemed possible to get, at the time I was using a bundle or two a day, so probably around the same amount that you seem to be going through.

The thing is man, when you switch back, try to wait the full 24 hours, take some speed or benzo's to get through it, and then re-induct yourself on a lower dose. I guarantee that at 4mg/day, you'll be able to feel a shot of dope after a day or two. The best is if you can maintain on 2mg a day, because I've found that at that dose, subs hardly block full agonists at all, at 1mg, it potentiates them if anything.

I think I could easily drop from 8MG to 2-4MG w/o a problem; I stick w/ 8MG only because its easy to use 1 pill rather than drop down to 6MG, etc. in reality I should just be sticking w/ the subs but the fent caught me for the past week but trying to stay away again; I never got anything "good" out of it because I can barely get high anymore. I buy a G at 8PM and by 11PM its gone and I am sitting there wondering why I am not nodding or laid out, lol. I just cant do it like I once did; I know the stuff is pretty good based on other who take it and who I know but I am too blocked/backed up. I even let one day go by w/o a suboxone and still didnt get a "good" high; felt better but nothing that great. I am just not "getting it" like I once did; no wonder I moved to suboxone.

I have a question, hopefully someone can give me some insight. For about a month now, I've been getting a prescription for 2 8mg strips per day, and only take maybe 1/3 of a strip every couple of days, when I start feeling bad. I'm moving across the country in two months, and I have plenty saved to keep me feeling normal for a good while. The problem is I just found out that my doctor has been checking levels in my bi-weekly urine tests, and he informed me that mine were (expectantly) low. From what I understand buprenorphine, when metabolized, turns into norbuprenorphine, these tests will show levels of each, and he'll be able to tell if i'm taking extra the day of the test to try and increase my levels. I don't want to take more than I have to, but I also don't want to get cut off. I've read that certain things, like Grapefruit juice can speed up the process of metabolizing, but am not sure of the degree of effect it would have. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much :)

Drugbuddy, don't worry about the naloxone. Its a straw man boogieman the manufacturer put it to "deter" IV use but it does no such thing.

The binding affinity of buprenorphine is higher than naloxones by many, many orders of magnitude, meaning that no matter how you take them be it SL, IN, IM, IV, exactly 0 naloxone will bind to your receptors.

Its like magnets. Buprenorphine is ultra-magnetron 5000 and naloxone is little itty-bitty fridge magnet. The bupe binds, the naloxone remains inert.

Edit: there should not be any "hotspots" in any formulation of bupe, so no worry about that either. Basically, you have nothing to worry about. Go about your detox/taper like a juggernaut champ and we're here with you when you need support or answers. Also, check out Dark Side and Sober Living forums.

Great stuff. That was exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the total re-assurance. :)

I'll probably be going about things more like a Tortoise than a Hair, but hopefully a reasonably quick Tortoise. I need off this shit, and to get my mood re-stabalised before i can start confidently applying for jobs again. Meanwhile the clock ticks down incredibly quickly on my life savings.:\

A little problem maybe someone can help me with
I've been on suboxone for over a year, first buying it off the street and then for about 7 months through a doctor. I've never exceeded 4 milligrams a day and very recently I have taken myself down to 1 with the intention of coming off all together.
Yesterday night I was opening a baby toy and managed to sink a 3 inch knife directly into my hand. Went to ER and was given a script of percs 5s which I have taken throughput the day, not even taking my dose. My question is, tomorrow will I be able to continue with my regular dose without precipitated withdrawals since I am not dependant on opiates?

I'm on 2mg of Suboxone a day, and I've run out a week early. I don't know what to do. I can go to my doctor, but I don't know what to say to him. I usually get takeaways from my local chemist but they're being assholes now saying that they won't give them to me early unless I have a note from the doctor. They want me to get dosed at the chemist the next time I go to pickup. Question is, what can I say to my doctor to let him give them to me a week early ? And worse case scenario, what do I do ?
I'm in Western Sydney, so my chemist is pretty strict. They want a note for everything...
Please help ! I have 3 films left and so worried about when I run out !

I'm on 2mg of Suboxone a day, and I've run out a week early. I don't know what to do. I can go to my doctor, but I don't know what to say to him. I usually get takeaways from my local chemist but they're being assholes now saying that they won't give them to me early unless I have a note from the doctor. They want me to get dosed at the chemist the next time I go to pickup. Question is, what can I say to my doctor to let him give them to me a week early ? And worse case scenario, what do I do ?
I'm in Western Sydney, so my chemist is pretty strict. They want a note for everything...
Please help ! I have 3 films left and so worried about when I run out !

I'd have an honest chat with your doctor, these things happen sometimes. Perhaps you need a dose increase if you're running out early? Other than that, well, my only suggestion would be to be as resourceful as possible with the remaining subs. So, you can refill in a week from now and you have three strips left? A rapid taper for 7 days could look thus : day 1: 2mg; day 2: 1mg; day 3: 1 mg; day 4: 0.5mg; day 5: 0.25mg; day 6: 0.25mg; day 7: utilise comfort meds... Or any equivalent configuration thereof. The long half-life of suboxone means that withdrawals don't always manifest immediately, which may work in your favour.
There are many threads on tapering & opioid withdrawal etc; I'd encourage you to use the search engine to gather whatever info that may be of aid. All the best; remember, whatever you may feel is only temporary, and you will make it through.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Great stuff. That was exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the total re-assurance. :)

I'll probably be going about things more like a Tortoise than a Hair, but hopefully a reasonably quick Tortoise. I need off this shit, and to get my mood re-stabalised before i can start confidently applying for jobs again. Meanwhile the clock ticks down incredibly quickly on my life savings.:\

Anytime bro, that's why we're here in this thread. If its any consolation, I can relate to the dwindling savings :(

Keep us updated on how things go, you know we got your back!

Bogbadrob - if you were taking bupe for a while, your receptors are likely highly saturated owing to its long elimination half-life. I'm guessing you barely even felt the perc 5's. If that's the case, you should be fine resuming the bupe without having to worry about precipitated withdrawals.

Just to be safe, give it about 12 hours since your last perc, but I can say with reasonable confidence that in your case (receptors saturated with bupe, switch to full agonist for one day, resume bupe) nothing bad will happen.

I've used bupe for months straight at <0.5mg/day, smoked a half gram of H one night, then redosed bupe the following morning (less than 12 hours) and was fine. That was with near-microdoses of buprenorphine (its concentration builds faster than your body can metabolize it, leaving plenty behind even at the micro doses I mentioned).

The key here is that there is something called "buprenorphine blockade" occurring at your receptor sites where the bupe is so tightly bound that a full agonist (especially small doses like 5mg oxycodone) won't even bind at all. I believe that to be your situation (pwd only occurs when one has been taking a full agonist exclusively with which their receptors are saturated, then suddenly introduces a large dose of buprenorphine, which owing to its high binding affinity knocks off the previously bound full agonist drug, sending one into pwd with suddenly barren receptors, and in this case more bupe will likely shorten the misery as it has new open sites to bind to).

To be safe, wait 12 hours, then dose your bupe in small amounts, slowly building up to your desired mg amount total for the day (i.e. take ~0.5mg, wait 30-40 min, take another ~0.5mg, wait another 30-40 min, at this point your body should tell you if its safe to take more or not).

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Last edited:
First timer with this drug (bupe)

Was given a 4 mg strip of it recently from a friend. They claimed there was recreational value in this drug and that I'd find it enjoyable. With the added benefit that I would have a greatly diminished desire to use heroin.

I was wondering how much I should take as a first timer? For context I'm an on-again-off-again heroin user, ROAs are smoking & (on rare, "special occasions") IV. By my own estimation my opiate tolerance is pretty low, though, esp. compared to other heroin users.

Thanks

First timer with this drug (bupe)

Was given a 4 mg strip of it recently from a friend. They claimed there was recreational value in this drug and that I'd find it enjoyable. With the added benefit that I would have a greatly diminished desire to use heroin.

I was wondering how much I should take as a first timer? For context I'm an on-again-off-again heroin user, ROAs are smoking & (on rare, "special occasions") IV. By my own estimation my opiate tolerance is pretty low, though, esp. compared to other heroin users.

Thanks

a lot of people get by w/ 2MG who have no tolerance and find it best for recreational value.

Thanks, someone else said 2 mgs as well. I guess I'll divide the strip in half then.

I concur w/ 2mg's, Burnt. I took 4mg's (subutex) when I was relatively opioid naive and was high for too long - about two days and nights straight (nodding for a full 24 hour day). I got a bit scared when I woke up still high as a kite on day 2.

2mg's should get you an enjoyable high for about 12 hours (maybe more, maybe less) if you haven't used any opioids in a while.

I personally really enjoyed the quality of the buzz. Some report that it feels "dirty" but it felt great IME.

If it has been a REALLY long time since you've used any opioids, maybe dose 1mg first and wait an hour or two and see how you feel. If you have the subutex tablets you can crush and snort them (you can also waterline the strips and take both as a rectal solution) for a faster onset than sublingual.

I read about you guys getting these killer nods and hights from 2-4MG and here I am taking 16-24MG's at times and feeling "fine".

it fucking kills me. shows that I truly fucked up in life.

luckily I am down to 8MG (most days) and get by. one day ill I DO PLAN on being off but have no time to play around w/ that because I am still "slipping" as is, so no rush.

There were only two times I got high off subs in my life, I basically had zero tolerance and was in my first year of sniffing dope the first time, the second time I got on subs after being clean for 9 months and then going on a 2 week IV dope binge, and when I got on the subs that time I hadn't taken any dope for 72 hours, so you're not alone BBT. I get a mood lift from my subs now, at 1mg every 12 hours, but it's a hollow, superficial feeling, compared to say, IV heroin.

Anyone know if suboxone is soluble in PG?

I only have a small habit to quit so will be taking low doses right from the start. Unfortunately I have had to obtain the subs myself off the black market, and the 2mg pills were ridiculously expensive and it worked out miles cheaper buying a few 8mg pills, and splitting them into 4 to start with.

It only just occurred to me though that im going to have trouble splitting and weighing the doses accurately right from the start really, and even more so when i get below 2mg. If they would disolve and disperse readily into PG i could then use highly accurate volumetric measuring, even reducing by 0.01mg per dose so that i probably would not even notice the reductions?

Has anyone else reading ever tried anything like this, or heard of anyone else trying the method and can remember whether the outcome was succesful or not?

yeah it is. How are you dosing it? You could also just water measure it with bacteriostatic water.