• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Starting work again tomorrow and am going to be in withdraws.

Chitownhillbilly

Greenlighter
Hi first time poster,long time lurker. I was having too much trouble making this post on my phone so I had to switch. I am in a world of hurt. I have been doing opiates for,over 5 years because of back pain and my wife who has several autoimmune conditions having and abundance of opiates. This past spring I had an MRI and my back has ruptured discs, bulgiing discs, straightening of the spine and spinal stenosis...in both my cervical and lumbar.

I have a really high tolerance inmo as I function well at my Job and life in general on doses (my wife's meds) of approximately 300mg of oxymorphone a day insuufalated or 8 1600mcg of,subsys (fentynal) a day. I hate the subsys because the craving is tremendous, it hits you quickly but only lasts 4 hours. My pain doctor (same as my wife) started me on norco and then moved me to mc contin ( morphine ER) 60mg every 8 hours. Because of my tolerance and my wife blowing through her subsys I had to share mine with her. Well, now she is in the hospital skipping the withdrawal with her "autoimmune go to the hospital card" while I am left to watch the kids and figure out how to work in pretty bad WD and no one to,watch my daughter. I'm a teacher and tomorrow is my first day back and going in feeling the way I do is not a good idea.

<snip>

Been on Imodium since Wednesday which helps gastrointestinal but nothing oc is,helping my back. If ia out of line withmy post then someone tell me and I will delete. Please no flaming, I'm suffering and I do not need to hear we have all,gone through it toughen up. It is,my back making this insufferable.

Thanks
chitowmhillbilly

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi first time poster

Welcome to Bluelight :)

EDIT: I see you edited your post.. but still, Welcome.
Keep in mind you can't source through the site, meaning it's against the rules to try to find a connect (local to you or not) on here.

Last edited:
Thank you. Not looking for much in the way of help after lurking and reading and forum guidelines but I had to,try something's before work tomorrow.

Hey chitown.. welcome to bluelight. Sorry to hear your struggling.

I'm going to move your post and make it a thread so you can hopefully get some suport and wisdom from the good people here.

Feel free to edit the title I put down. You will be able to do this buy useing the edit and then go advanced and then the title can be edited.

Allot of people working through all kinds of stages of recovery here.

Here are some medications that work great for opiate detox.

NSFW:
medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Welcome to Bluelight :)

Keep in mind you can't source through the site, meaning it's against the rules to try to find a connect (local to you or not) on here.

Sorry not trying to source or,score because I am terrified of parts of this city and would not know how to,do it. All my meds come from a,pain management doc. My wife left me in a rough spot before I start back to,work. Honestly, I'm looking for pain relief not high

Hey chitown.. welcome to bluelight. Sorry to hear your struggling.

I'm going to move your post and make it a thread so you can hopefully get some suport and wisdom from the good people here.

Feel free to edit the title I put down. You will be able to do this buy useing the edit and then go advanced and then the title can be edited.

Allot of people working through all kinds of stages of recovery here.

Here are some medications that work great for opiate detox.

NSFW:
medications for acute opiate detox

Answers are with your suggestions

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS.. No access

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here< Had it but don't knowmwhatnwife did with it.
OR >Lyrica< no
OR >phenibut< no'
Hi first time poster
Welcome to Bluelight

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT< a couple of clonipin
>a nsaid< 600mg every 6 hours
>melatonin<. No
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Answers are with your suggestions

Good luck man.
It looks like you are either going to have to work while sick or take time off.
It will take an honest self-examination and a lot of discipline to get out of this hole.

I am disabled with significant pain, and I had to stop the pain-management program. After 3 months I was already beginning to take more than the prescribed dosage, and saving pills for the monthly urinalysis. I refuse to live like that, and called the doctor and told her that it is too habit forming for me. It really sucks to live with significant pain, and I will pursue more frequent and direct pain management care (rather than monthly prescriptions) when I have more capital.
In the meantime I can be more productive overall while in pain, than I can be when struggling with a habit-forming prescription.

Hi op im one of those who has worked through withdrawals/comedown and was able to pass through the difficult time. Goodluck and we are here to support you.

How much immodium are you taking? It might help you through the rough parts, as someone else mentioned.
Just be careful not to take too much. Let us know how you're doing.