• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall, any tips?

Lena.Burgos

Greenlighter
Alright, so here's a quick story.

I try a Focalin 20. It's amazing, makes me realize I may actually have ADHD. Go to doctor, get prescribed Adderall 10 and Klonopin 0.5 to help offset some of the side effects. It works out great for a little while. Not as good as the Focalin, even if I took two. Then I start taking it for about two months, and now it works but it's either less apparent or it's not working as well. I used to smoke to be able to eat/fall asleep but I spoke with the doctor, got the Klonopin switched to Xanax. Really liked Xanax and it helped me sleep, but I ran out quick and basically needed higher dosages of everything. Then the doctor put me back on Klonopin, but also gave me another Benzo, Temazepam, to help sleep, and it works. I still don't really eat though, or drink very well.

I've read a lot about everything, but I guess I wanted your opinion. Most of what I read was here on Bluelight so I registered.

How much should I eat & drink and how?
Mouth gets dry a lot. Klonopin gets rid of the grinding of teeth side effect, mostly. I can drink fine, if I remember or care, which I really don't. What's the best way of reminding myself or how much should I try to measure out to drink? I don't get thirsty. But I can drink. As for eating, I can almost never get hungry anymore. I used to not be able to eat AT ALL but now I can eat some since it's not as effective. However, I'm obviously not eating as much as I'm supposed to. I'm about to start going to the gym, so any tips there?

Is there a better mixture I could take?
Right now I take about one Adderall 20 in the morning with one Klonopin 0.5, then after it wears off, I take another one or two 10's, and then take another one or two 10's if needed beyond that. Maybe one more Klonopin. Then at night, I take a Klonopin, and a Temazepam. Sometimes I skip on the Klonopin, or skip on it in the morning. My doctor also prescribed Brintellix, and said it's fine to take with everything else, but from my research that's overboard, and it's a new drug so I don't really trust it. My doctor is also very against switching me from Adderall to something else. Also, I was first buying Generic Adderall (whitish yellow) and now I'm getting Generic blue, which I feel might have to do with the reduced effects a little. Is there any "best" generic one I could get, or is it worth it to try to get name brand?

What should I do to reduce future dependencies?
Should I not take it on the weekend? Maybe stop taking it during Summer or Winter breaks? Oh, by the way, I go to school. I left for a while, but I'm going back since adderall is actually helping. I was originally against the idea as I knew it's addictive, and it is to me. It's just that I do everything so much better and think so much more clearly, with the added bonus of reduced anxiety from the Klonopin. If I stop taking the drugs right now, I end up being groggy/sleepy throughout the day. Everything feels dimmer, more boring, I don't really do anything productive. And I sleep a lot longer. Basically how I was before taking it, but maybe it's worse than before? I can't really tell as it's all subjective. On Focalin, one major difference for me is that the come-down was extremely noticeable. I almost went brain-dead. On Adderall, this is less noticeable, although if I'm in class and it wears off, I see myself not paying attention, almost falling asleep during the lecture, finding that time goes by slowly as it's boring, do other stuff, stop taking notes, stop paying attention. Anyway, I've heard after you take it non-stop for a few years and try to stop or after it becomes in-effective, it has some pretty drastic effects. What about any other effects if I'm on it, for let's say, 10, 20, 30 years?

Can someone explain the differences between each brand?
Someone who has taken them all, preferably. Focalin, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Concerta, the XR versions, or even Desoxyn? I've read a lot about the basic differences, but I guess I'm looking for it to be more in-depth and less biased.

Any other tips?
I guess my aim is to finish my education, and actually be productive. I've had issues with this for a while. I was completely against drugs, but thanks to the gateway drug (lol) cannabis I become more open-minded to them. I have also done magic mushrooms, which did have some effects on me, I believe. I'm concerned about my health, the stability of the drugs, and getting the most out of it without overdoing it.

Alcohol use?
I have no idea what to think of what happens when I use these drugs. Originally, the first time I was on Adderall and drank, I ended up drinking a lot, and didn't feel any of it until the effects of Adderrall wore off. Now, if I do it, it has almost no effect, and I would say I get drunk faster, mostly probably because I'm dehydrated or haven't ate anything... I like to drink socially, a lot. However, especially with the sleeping medication, it's hard to time it right or do it properly. Any tips? What about smoking? Most the time it just cancels eachother out for me. However, sometimes if I get really, really, high it will make it close to a shrooms trip for me, with shrooms flashbacks. I can, for example, have my "high mind" and still have the benefits of Adderall, and Klonopin. So I can be creative, relaxed, and then when I think of something cool, or if I do something stupid or get confused, the Adderall takes over and helps me correct it. Also helps me more social, I think, than just smoking.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be active around here.

Thanks!

- Try to eat 3 meals a day still. However it will obviously be difficult, but the portion doesn't have to be really big. Its just important to eat when doing stims, helps feeling shitty and the comedown. Also, stay hydrated, you may not notice how dehydrated you are until you start drinking water.

Honestly, I would take the uppers first then when I'm coming down I would take the benzos to take off the anxiety.

- First of all in my opinion, Adderall > Focalin. Focalin gives me mad anxiety and a shitty comedown. Adderall is pretty trill.

Just don't overdo your dosage. Try not to continuously use and get sleep!!! I've seen people who take amphetamines and they keep getting more and more high, and they don't realize how twacked out they are until they smoke all their shit and they just feel
uncomfortable side effects (anxiety, nervousness, trippin out)

They're all different chemicals. XR is the extended release of the chemical which means it will last longer (8-12 hours)

Any other tips?

Don't let yourself get physically dependent. (easier said than done)

Know your limits. (I've seen people lose their mind cuz they did too much speed and they can't function correctly.)

Alcohol use?

You are using stimulants and alcohol is a depressant so the alcohol will be fighting against the uppers. Alcohol hits you faster because you aren't eating as much. You'll most likely need to drink more to get drunk than if you did not take a stimulant.

Hope this helped you a bit at least. Ask me if you have any questions :)

- Try to eat 3 meals a day still. However it will obviously be difficult, but the portion doesn't have to be really big. Its just important to eat when doing stims, helps feeling shitty and the comedown. Also, stay hydrated, you may not notice how dehydrated you are until you start drinking water.

Honestly, I would take the uppers first then when I'm coming down I would take the benzos to take off the anxiety.

- First of all in my opinion, Adderall > Focalin. Focalin gives me mad anxiety and a shitty comedown. Adderall is pretty trill.

Just don't overdo your dosage. Try not to continuously use and get sleep!!! I've seen people who take amphetamines and they keep getting more and more high, and they don't realize how twacked out they are until they smoke all their shit and they just feel
uncomfortable side effects (anxiety, nervousness, trippin out)

They're all different chemicals. XR is the extended release of the chemical which means it will last longer (8-12 hours)

Any other tips?

Don't let yourself get physically dependent. (easier said than done)

Know your limits. (I've seen people lose their mind cuz they did too much speed and they can't function correctly.)

Alcohol use?

You are using stimulants and alcohol is a depressant so the alcohol will be fighting against the uppers. Alcohol hits you faster because you aren't eating as much. You'll most likely need to drink more to get drunk than if you did not take a stimulant.

Hope this helped you a bit at least. Ask me if you have any questions :)

Thanks. Much more information than I got from my doctor. Here's basically how he answered me, which is why I came here.

Drink plenty of water and eat.

There are other possible options, but I want to keep you on Adderall.

Take this other drug that's completely irrelevant, and I'll higher your dosage for Adderall past the amount you asked for

It's all the same but others are different (or some weird vague thing like that)

Any other tips?
Nope. You're all set. You can take them however you want, combine them, etc (which he later lied and retracted)

Alcohol use?
*Wasn't warned about it in any way, even after telling him I smoked/drank ocassionally

Hydration & nutrition are the key elements in stimulant's positive side effects.
I try to keep a relatively content appetite and constantly drinking water/powerade.

When it comes to stims & benzos I deeply enjoy a 70/30 split (stims-70&benzos-30)
Takes away the jitters and keeps from over-intensifying situations and other general stim problems.

If it's maintenance medication, meaning you are prescribed it to help you "maintain", then consider yourself dependent.
Avoid dosing on laid back days, but no reason to deprave yourself.
If you're supposed to be on it, your doc should be able to find alternate routes into the maze of pharma.

Focalin - Never tried it
Ritalin - Much calmer/collected version of adderall with an easier comedown
Vyvanse - My personal favorite, I tend to work much more efficiently on these over any of the other stims. I experienced seldom neg. effects and a light comedown compared to some.
Concerta - xr version of ritalin, complex abuse-reduction method, pretty good, but time release is a deal breaker.
Desoxyn - Never tried it

Any other tips?

Work out, stay hydrated, EAT, brush your teeth.

Alcohol use?
Terrible idea, health wise.
It can be fun on adderall, but nothing fun about heart attacks or alcohol poisoning