• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

perhaps MXE and MXM are also 5-HT1A agonists themselves

They are definitely not direct 5-ht1a agonists, but indirect 5-ht1a activation via serotonin release is a definite possibility.

I feel like maybe this stuff should be called 3-MeO-Ketamine/3-MeO-Ket for short, it's not the most correct of names, but given that we use 2-MeO-Ketamine as the name for 2-MeO-Deschloro-Ketamine, and that this is essentially 3-MeO-Deschloro-Ketamine, it would be the most logical name to help people understand what it is. Far more so than E-Methoxetamine.

"3-MeO-Ket" is still too long for an abbreviation.

The second best option would be "Methoxmetamine", at least somewhat gives a better representation of the structure.)

"Methoxmetamine" is WAY too close to "Methoxetamine" and confusion would arise.

"MXM" already has 3 votes in this thread (me, blueberries, adder).

Last edited:
"Methoxmetamine" is WAY too close to "Methoxetamine" and confusion would arise.

"MXM" already has 3 votes in this thread (me, blueberries, adder).

I see MXM being the most reasonable name for it for the 'short' name (ala MXE).

I don't see a reason to not give the 'longer' name something along the lines of Methoxymetamine or Methoxymethylamine to still sound reminiscent of methoxetamine but not similar enough.

They both give the structure some explanatory name and keep the trend fairly well with naming (although I would say having a naming trend for ketamine and MXE and the lot is a bit of a stretch at this point).

Methoxmethamine is one I do not like the ring of but I wouldn't be unhappy hearing Methoxmethylamine.

My votes are for Methoxymetamine or Methoxymethylamine and to a lesser extent Methoxmethylamine. Methoxmethylamine gives it a very similar ring to methoxetamine which could be seen as typos so that is why I suggest either Methoxymetamine or Methoxymethylamine.

My votes are for Methoxymetamine or Methoxymethylamine and to a lesser extent Methoxmethylamine. Methoxmethylamine gives it a very similar ring to methoxetamine which could be seen as typos so that is why I suggest either Methoxymetamine or Methoxymethylamine.

I think it's very important to avoid confusion.

So "Methoxymethylamine" would be the best one out of your list (for the long version, the short one being of course "MXM").

Unfortunately methoxymethylamine, methylamine as well as methamine are names connected to other substances. Methylamine is not a short version of a fuller correct formula name (like methoxetamine is in a way, or say amphetamine), but an existing unrelated chemical. (Methox)methamine was going to be my suggestion for a slightly shortened version for it but methamine is unfortunately already a synonym of the also unrelated chemical hexamine. Metamine is the name for some angina medication but I guess methoxymetamine is close enough to methoxetamine to be called a derivative of the name, which is fitting since it is an analogue. The Y in methoxymetamine also gives it better flow.
So I guess if you must use full names, just stick to methoxymetamine and don't be a moron to leave out both the Y and the M! Or be a daredevil and call it methoxmetamine.
Ideally people just ought to call it MXM.

In the index it is just listed as MXM now, I'd say just call it that (people - at least users - don't tend to call PCP by its full name do they?). Not sure if avoiding the issue is typically a smart strategy but it seems to me like for now it's superior over us coming up with new alternative names.

(Indeed I don't want to keep including e-Methoxetamine in the title, but for the time being it seems fair if people are buying it under that ridiculous name. It better be a maddeningly electronic feeling this drug gives you.)

Last edited:
I agree with MXM (short) and Methoxmetamine (long). "E-Methoxetamine" shall disappear and be forgotten.

This is pretty exciting. Sounds like not redosing this one is going to be a little tricky given the disappointingly short duration and marked elation MXM provides...

Speaking of SAR, I would not think that serotonin reuptake inhibition is responsible for this compound's euphoric potential. AFAIK typical SSRI do not produce improvement in mood short term, rather it is downregulation of serotonin transporters due to chronic SSRI exposure that really is responsible for their antidepressant action. Serotonin reuptake enhancers, on the other hand (like tienaptine), exert their euphoric potential immediately upon administration and do not require prolonged administration to alleviate depression. My guess is that DRI could produce the euphoric feeling; this explains why tolerance to speed would prevent MXM from working, and also why it is so short-acting.

Pretty interesting that it appears to be inactive nasally. Perhaps it is MXM's first-pass metabolite that hits the receptors?

Unfortunately that logic doesn't apply in the same way for the intense actions of recreational drugs. Serotonin reuptake inhibition is an important part of the action of cocaine.

Blueberries' response to this seemed to escalate quite quickly 8o

Does this produce immersive mind movie states or no?

In case anybody missed it, here's another report on "MXM" from TR.

That night, feeling a bit lethargic, but well-rested, I decided to do 53mg at 9:18pm, and then another 50mg at 10:15pm, to see if a rested brain would improve my ability to capture the capacities of MXM. It definitely finalized in my mind that MXM is not a drug I care to waste brain cells on. It gave me the same sedated, disassociated feeling, but this time with a noticeable amount of manic qualities. All still teetering on threshold-level, none of those feelings got me excited about the drug I was doing.
I really don’t want to dismiss this research chemical as a flop, especially with the high standards I was holding it to, but that’s all I got from it so far. I’m going to have to wait and hear about other people’s experience, but unless the batch I got was a weak one, I’m going to have to categorize MXM with the likes of drugs that simply can’t hold their own.

I'm still intrigued. It seems like there's greater variance in how users appraise new dissociatives early on (plus Adder noted that the benzo use reported by the OP in this report could have a strong negative effect). In any case I'm interested to know the non-tolerant dosage. As far as ROAs: given how closely related to MXE it is chemically, I'd guess potency goes IV>IM>/=rectal>sublingual>oral>nasal. I'd try plugging it.

I was speculating in the TR report that oral dosing might be the way to go. Looks like I was right. :) Sounds great!

Tolerance on MXM rises fast as fuck. I'm unable to get to the same place I was at before (and I've tried multiple times). I'm now filling size 2 gelcaps (instead of size 3) and getting only mild euphoria. You need to use this stuff sparingly unlike MXE, which is unfortunate since the high is so good. I've given 50mg to two other people so far. One found it amazing (no tolerance to anything) the other I haven't heard back from but the second has a high speed tolerance just to make sure it's not a releaser. He's on coke, speed and weed at the moment so he's just not replying. Once I get confirmation I'd be able to tell easier.

I've just done a size 1 gelcap to see if I can get to where I was before but I doubt it. Multiple redose days is not the way forward however much you may want to.

Last edited:
It's likely a NMDA antagonist and SRI, without any inhibition or release of dopamine or norepinephrine, not sure where you got that idea from ;)

Also your friend shouldn't really test a new substance when he's already on three other drugs!

And most important: Do you have a milligram scale? If not, buy one asap, it's just $20. Stop eyeballing!

It's likely a NMDA antagonist and SRI, without any inhibition or release of dopamine or norepinephrine, not sure where you got that idea from ;)

Like I said, it's most likely a direct dopamine receptor agonist rather than a reuptake inhibitor.

"most likely"?
Methoxetamine was not found to be a dopamine agonist.

I do not think we should be making ANY assumptions about its pharmacology given the single flawed datapoint we currently have.

"most likely"?
Methoxetamine was not found to be a dopamine agonist.

I do not think we should be making ANY assumptions about its pharmacology given the single flawed datapoint we currently have.

They didn't check for the functional high-affinity state of the dopamine receptor.
So we don't know wether or not MXE is a dopamine agonist.

PCP, ketamine and even MK-801 are ALL dopamine agonists, so it's of course rather likely that MXE and MXM are dopamine agonists too.

Last edited:
Yeah but since when have people ever listened to this sort of good advice?:(

Oh, don't worry I have a scale but once a dose goes beyond 100mg, then I can eyeball like magic (same with < 1mg). I'm filling gelcaps to the max because tolerance rises ultra fast. I haven't used it since this morning and won't for another few days as this could be indicative of HT agonism. Still waiting on the report from the other guy's experience though. I'm doubtful now that it's a dopamine releaser but this is the last test to confirm.

^Any abstinence symptoms following such a heavy use? I would expect dysphoria and boredom to manifest themselves shortly...

Yeah but since when have people ever listened to this sort of good advice?:(

I didn't make any wild assumptions.

I just pointed out that ALL NMDA antagonists that have been tested against D2high (e.g. PCP, ketamine, MK-801) were ALL shown to be partial agonists.

It's VERY difficult to seperate NMDA antagonism from D2high, even MK-801 (once the definition of NMDA selectivity) binds to D2high.

Neither MXM nor MXE have been tested against D2high, but it's certainly not a WILD assumption to think that MXE and MXM are also gonna be D2high agonists.

^Any abstinence symptoms following such a heavy use? I would expect dysphoria and boredom to manifest themselves shortly...

None. However I have been using MXE concurrently so that would offset any comedowns or withdrawals.