• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2CB 7-14mg insufflated - expected mild trip turns to spiralling hellhole and arrest!

neonlike

Greenlighter
A group of about eight of us, a few are perviously experienced in 2CB, LSD, MDMA, Mushrooms etc got together initially to have a drug free party... Alcohol mainly, but some may smoke weed. I do not smoke anything and drink occasionally. Others in the group just drink and maybe smoke weed, and some only occasionally drink. Drugs were never the intention of the party and some didn't know I would even have any drugs at all at my premises.

At home though I have a stash of 2CB I have kept for years, using it occasionally in the summer... Great in nature. I mean years. Like 10+. Personal use mainly. I have experience with a lot of drugs, psychedelics, opiates, benzos, mcat, you name it I've probably done it, however most of these friends do not know this.

Anyway, at some point one of the experienced members ,"T" suggested the 2CB (no one else knew it was there).

At this point we were pretty drunk. The "problem person" this story is about we shall call "J". He was already drunk and stoned on weed... "J" says nothing else was imbibed other than the booze and weed previously that evening but his speech was slurry earlier even as I was directing him to my home and arrived in a mess earlier in the evening along with the others in dribs and drabs. I already suspected something was potentially wrong apparently he is prone to angry outbursts... Nobody told me this beforehand! It became apparent, later, for sure!

Once the idea ha been proposed, we discussed the effects together of 2CB with experienced members describing the differences between the aforementioned drugs. What to expect at what dose etc. how small doses allow visual tripping with no mental tripping, If you know what I mean.

Two members of the group declined.

Using my very good scales, I weighed out enough for each person, 14mg, with, each small pile divided into two: 7mg each. I suggested that those involved should take half first and then see how they felt later and then decide to take the rest if they want it.

Stupidly, I had mine first... All of it (14mg) whereas the others took their halves or whole. At this point I am now dealing with the burning nose and alterations of perception, unaware of who is taking 7mg or 14 mg around me.

We return to the lounge, it has music, cushions, sofas, duvets like nests... A great place to trip together. The music is great, the conversation is great and very funny, we look at a massive abstract painting (1,5m x 1.5m) by my friend who wasn't present (but clearly knows the painting is "in that area" of consciousness!) which was awesome as usual. However suddenly at some point soon "J" is spazzing out, destroying some of my vinyl, rolling around, shouting "whats wrong, its all shit, everything is shit." The corner of the room he was rolling around in, grabbing and kicking stuff contained all my vinyl and about £6000 of musical equipment. This was not the area of the house to have this outburst! For example on my Cello!

I was unaware of this really at the time as I am chatting with others in the group and involved with our experience... A pleasant and to be honest normal mild 2CB experience.

One of the sitters or two I guess moved "J" to the bedroom, lava lamp and comfort present, to calm him down. They had previously been chatting having fun with the group as a whole etc but had taken control of the "J" situation.

Later (time is inconceivable) I'm am asked to help out and am needed to, well, see what is happening in my flat. I discover my bedroom in pieces, furniture broken, tv on the floor etc. the sitters, and experienced of us, did our best to calm him, but however he had realised infinity, his life, everything wrong with the world and his insignificant existence, matched with that material possessions are "fucking shit". Unfortunately these material possessions are mine and I quite like them.

Even though he is fairly lightweight but tall and skinny, he is bony and vicious when he needs to be, trying to destroy "the world", his "discovery" and MY HOUSE.

Every time he calmed down, a minute later he was back again, "stuck in the loop", while being unaware of where he was, I was explaining he is in my house,"you know who I am, you can trust me" have some water, a chat etc. but whatever positive explanation we could give him he was on the road to his own hell spiralling mentally and physically into horror.

A walk in the orchard seemed a great idea, my suggestion.... Get out the flat and walk in the beautiful orchard nearby.... Or another suggestion was forcing him with benzos.... Having not known what else he had taken before this was not my preferred choice, plus it is taking four people to restrain him, there would be no way of getting him to eat them. Not an option.... Neither was physically getting his shoes on to go out at this point... It took six people to stop him hurting people, himself, and destroying my house; many were bruised in the process.

By this point various neighbours have been calling, and are now again phoning my my flat's intercom.... Basically saying to get rid of him, this has been going on for at least two hours by this point. This is enough. They presume he is a drunk and needs kicking out. My flat is wrecked, but the experienced trippers, while maintaining sensible advice were removing objects and tidying up for me and did a great job of clearing objects and tidying the trail of debris. I congratulate and thank their management of clearing the aftermath. Awesome friends.

However, I am not abandoning a tripper out of his mind who doesn't even know who he is anymore, even if he is a manifesting himself as the monster of destruction of my flat, he has been verbally and physically abusive, but it is clear he has underlying issues that have come to the fore that need dealing with, that without the violence would be easier to talk through... I think most people reading this know what i am talking about. And this is someone I care about despite this manifestation of horror... "You’re a cunt, I hate You. This cant be how it really is!" Yeah I love you too!

One of the sitters has now called an ambulance... We can not deal with this for his own safety and we have got him outside, six of us carrying him up the stairs and out to the street to await the ambulance. We are all now straight or doing well enough to be straight and in control. I have no 2CB like effects at all by this point. I am as straight as a an arrow at this point, straight-edge is the feeling i have garnered.

The neighbours have now called the police also thinking at first there was a fight in the street.... Considering by this point my door bell intercom had been called by three separate neighbours (this was not a surprise). When one neighbour realised he was having a psychotic breakdown and having realised the noise was not a fight outside on the street, but that "J" was having a psychotic breakdown, he thought my friends were dumping him on the street! When in reality they were waiting for an ambulance with him. This causes an argument. I try to mediate between my friends who are protective of "J" and my neighbour, also a kind of friend.

This neighbour said the police have been called for the fight.... If you have got any drugs etc. now is the time to hide them.

I stupidly went into the flat grabbed the bag of 2CB (according to the police this was 0.9g) and hid it outside the house. A neighbour saw some suspicious activity.... "Am i pissing in the bush or what?"and suggested later to the police to look there; this was the partner of the other concerned and involved neighbour. A mental health worker by day. Retrospectively she admitted it was to help "J" if the police and ambulance had the substance.

I come back out to calm the aggression between my friends and my neighbour again.

The police arrive before the ambulance to deal with "the fight". Great!

I was initially asked my name.... By law i do not have to give this information, so I asked "am I under arrest?" - they are there for the fight which does not exist- he said "no" so I said " I don't have to tell you then"... He then said "in that case you're under arrest of possession" of drugs (which were not on my person) but my driveway and had been found by another officer thanks to the curious neighbour's partner. Handcuffed me, I had to give him my name, address and date of birth. I then handcuffing was painful, bruising is aweful, shoeless and now locked the back of the car. Once "J" is in the ambulance, I am being led around my flat looking for drugs etc.... The search... they looked for fuck all.... No dogs, nothing, in reality they helped me find me my keys and lock up etc.... In the meantime some guests had tidied up very well thankfully, In reality if I had left the 2CB where i keep it, it would never have been found! But ended up having had a lovely meal and sleep at her majesties' pleasure as a result of stashing it.

Everyone was asked to leave the house as it had to be locked and, although they were sober by this point, they would be in the way.

The neighbour who initially called the police went with "J" who was restrained in the ambulance and stayed with him in hospital with "J"'s dad until he could go home. Thats a good neighbour! Kinda....

So what can be learned....

1. Do not take drugs if you are violent and have in-built problems to deal with.
2. Keep a close eye on the dosage and don't leave the half bumps unattended - it is likely when unattended he ("J") snorted bits up, like coke, leading to his bad trip. Knowing him!
3. Don't potentially mix drugs of unknown types (assuming "J" had other drugs).
4. Your Mileage May Vary.
5. Let the sitters control and conceal the drugs.

Questions:

When does physical restraint become abuse in this situation?
When do you call an ambulance?
Should you ever give someone on a bad 2CB trip etizolam or diclazepam, to calm them down?

Results;

I now have an official caution for being in "posession" of a class A drug, this being found on my premises. This is permanent and counts as a spent conviction. Potentially affecting my visiting other countries.

I teach and my CRB check is gonna be all over this.

Should I give HR or my principal a truthful but altered down version before the CRB?

Nice story.

If someone were having a bad trip on psychedelic drugs, I will (and have) suggested taking a benzo or two in an attempt to take the edge off. I'd never force someone to take drugs, though, any drug.

I actually had a similar experience to what you had, where someone who otherwise was completely normal went complete batshit insane in my apartment. The cops were called and, well, there was a whole scene, although luckily the po-po didn't discover the drugs I had in my closet. The substance involved in that situation was alcohol, though...it's too bad that there isn't a sober pill, I definitely would've force-fed that asshole one of those! I was damn luckily that I wasn't arrested that night. It's too bad that you got busted.

Nice story.

If someone were having a bad trip on psychedelic drugs, I will (and have) suggested taking a benzo or two in an attempt to take the edge off. I'd never force someone to take drugs, though, any drug.

I had loads of benzos in the house... Shame they werent in an epipen! Seriously though he wouldn't have believed me that i was trying to help and the alternative is forcing pills down his throat while we pin him down! Tripping! Not an experience I would have enjoyed!

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:
Damn, sorry that happened to you - only thing close to this I experienced was allowing a friend of a friend (at the time) who think is kind of a weird and unsincere guy to begin with, to take a max. ~20 mg oral dose of 2C-B dose for his first time while already pretty drunk. He proceeded to go mostly catatonic / unresponsive, occasionally going a little spastic like a squirming child, and freaked out a little bit. Didn't seem to recognize anything or anyone and now and then talked a little gibberish.

Under the wrong circumstances 2C-X compounds can make a person dissociate or lose the plot, and go a little semi-delirious or amnestic... some of them have a more volatile unpredictable propensity like say 2C-T-7, and others tend to be milder like 2C-B but can still technically do it.

Sedatives can make the (usually anterograde) amnesia even worse and are especially not recommended when other things are taken like GHB / opiates and perhaps alcohol... but in other situations they can be a good idea. Typical anti-psychotics like quetiapine may be heavier but also more effective to block some of the action... i think giving a person any psychiatric meds is not really responsible or appropriate unless it is meant to ward of really harmful / dangerous escalation. In the case of the example I gave, it was not called for although it did give us quite a scare.

Physical restraint seems like a lesser of two evils if the alternative is that the victims physically abuses himself and his surroundings by being out of control. However restraining someone hardly gives someone who is flipping out the chance to calm down. I think it is an 'occupational hazard' if a person doesn't know to behave / control himself in someone else's home... that he gets restrained. I think you lose some privileges of freedom that way.
One of the hardest thiings may be to find a designated restrainer, instead of having a bunch of people trying to get control over a situation in a disorganized manner.

Similarly hiding illicit substances gets very complicated if not one person volunteers to 'handle it', but instead people are getting involved without being asked or not enough people take care of it when it needs to be done.

I think you only call an ambulance when you lose sight of ways in which someone might pose a threat to himself or others (or of course when you know that threat is really there and continuing to be there)... or when you know of ways in which medical personel may help / administer something you cannot manage yourself. Also if someone gets so violent that the damages done to property can easily surpass hospital charges that may be a good time.
But before then, (always depending on what someone has taken and if there are OD risks), calling an ambulance or the cops can just get more people involved who only add ignorance and don't have any way to really contribute. They try to find out what the hell is going on and when they finally get an idea, the person in question may already be recovering naturally and purely from the passing of time. If there are too many unknowns, and you really don't know if someone may really get hurt or die... then I guess it is worth it simply because of the chances that things go REALLY wrong.

the benzos could have gotten sloppy. ive seen situations go from bad to worse when a "few xanax to calm em down" becomes "oops i made an angry psychedelic bear that now has no short term memory"

interesting story, thanks for sharing.... sorry things went bad for you man..

this is a reason why i dont trip with a lot of people. its just so hard to trust others and even more so when im the one giving drugs away. i always feel (and in a way am) responsible for them and their well being and safety. i know they are grown ups and know what they re doing at their own risk but still.
tripping with so mny others is inviting trouble imo.

that being said, i would not ever organize a drug fuelled party at my home, with additional drugs around. if things go bad, as they did here, and the police or doctors are involved, i wouldnt want them suspecting antyhing else but the absolute minimum. also, friends are friends, but everyone reacts differently to drugs, even the same ones and the same doses, especially psychedelics.

if available, haloperidol might have been a good solution for calming down of siad person. a couple of benzos or a dose of ghb might have worked too, but with varied responses, and again, one has no idea how the person will react...

Again thanks for the, support. The drugs should have stayed locked away a couple of us were left awake. As i said it was meant ti be booze party, and should have stayed one. Lessons learned, the hard way. The most gutting thing is not having Ny more 2cb... That shit stores forever! Looking into bk2cb but 12 hours! 2cb a,lowed controlled levels of tripping and lasted a reasonable time. I myself have od'd on 2cb and just told my friends i would gonna be needing them to lead me around the festival, they did. I completely trusted them, they weren't tripping. Apparently i appeared cohesive entirely and navigated the vegan vs non vegan beers at the bar perfectly!