• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

morphine and xanax combo?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
so i took 4mg of xanax and bout an hour later did morphine 100mg (orally) i have a lil bit of tolerance to benzos and opiates. am i in any risk of cns depression? i feel fine im high but not in a scary way it seems. but you can never be to safe
Thank you fellow bluelighters

Have u combined the 2 meds before? If so you'll know if your good or not.
I think the risk of combining opies and benzos is a bit overstated in regards to regular users with tolerances. Just monitor yourself and stay on point. The deed is done and the pills took so no need to freak u out. Lord knows I've combined at way higher doses with no ill effects but were all different. I think you'll be fine if your a regular user. Pay attention to how u feel for another hour or so but no need to bug out. Have fun and enjoy it brother!!!

Have u combined the 2 meds before? If so you'll know if your good or not.
I think the risk of combining opies and benzos is a bit overstated in regards to regular users with tolerances. Just monitor yourself and stay on point. The deed is done and the pills took so no need to freak u out. Lord knows I've combined at way higher doses with no ill effects but were all different. I think you'll be fine if your a regular user. Pay attention to how u feel for another hour or so but no need to bug out. Have fun and enjoy it brother!!!
Yes im combined opiates and benzos several times just not at crazy doses. i ddi almost die when i had no tolerance combing kpins percosets and hard liquor! but thats was a couple years ago i learned from that!

I hear ya on the booze, that's dangerous IMO. I used to black out all the time when I drank with the benzos, kinda scary not remembering wtf I did. It can be done I guess just not by me lol. I eat too many benzos and then forget I dosed so I keep taking more. Benzos are crazy for sure. Just gotta dose once or twice and be done with it for the night. Easier said than done though lol...

What's your tolerance usually for opiates?

Once in a while I will take 30mgs of Morphine orally with 5mgs if Valium.......

Everyone is different but 100mgs of Morphine & 4mgs of Xanax would be too much for me.

If you usually take 100 to 150mgs of Morphine & 5 MG's of Xanax, then your dosage of both should be okay.

Always cut back the doses of both when mixing them together.

And if you've a habit of taking an initial dose of benzos, only to take more, have someone taken them off you or lock them away. Find a solution for it. Maybe a timed safe for example.

I agree with Cliffy78 about the overstatement regarding the combination of benzos and opiates for people who are used to taking both meds together.It's a daily thing for me since I'm prescribed both Xanax(2mg)and Norco(10/325) 4x a day each.And I've taken way more potent opiates in much larger doses with 20mg+of Xanax more times than I can count.Adding liquor was and is frequent.I've done this for years without problems.I actually do need the meds but I won't pretend that I don't like to party now and then.That being said,it can be extremely dangerous for a lot of people and I have lost several friends to that same mixture.They were all experienced with those drugs.When in doubt it's always best to err on the side of caution.Even when you are sure of your tolerance and doses it can be lethal but to someone with tolerance and experience 4mg of Xanax and 100mg of morphine really isn't all that much IMO.My real point about the overstatement of danger with benzos and opiates together is that doctors are too often afraid to prescribe effective dosages of those medications out of fear that a patient will overdose,failing to take into account individual responses to those drugs,which vary widely from person to person.That is particularly a problem for those of us who have suffered from both chronic pain and anxiety for a long time and have become tolerant to the medications,requiring a stronger dose of more potent meds than someone that has never required them long term.It's extremely frustrating and can actually lead to more problems when an undertreated patient feels forced to self medicate,turning a normally law-abiding person into a heroin addict (I'm using myself as an example here).When a medication or combination of medications gains a bad reputation paranoia on the part of healthcare providers can,in the long run,hurt more than what they're trying to prevent.It's a combination to be treated with respect for sure,but in some cases it can be the only really effective treatment.

my 60+ year old gma takes more than that in the morning...lol js. but this post brings to mind a poster i passed every morning at the methadone government dope spot n the title was "benzos,methadones evil cousin" but it didnt scare and i never read cuz once ur tolerance is where i was on everything it seemed like a natrual alliance watch ur dosage.. benzos last longer then morphine..so ya take that for advice internet

Apart from the obvious "mixing downers with downers is bad, mmkay", many anecdotal reports, my own included, seem to indicate that the benzodiazepines may detract from the euphoria, only increasing sedation. Morphine is plenty sedative enough.

The only situation I could see any merit to it is if you had an insufficient morphine dose and wanted to potentiate the depressant effect. Otherwise, let morphine be morphine. It's better that way.

I guess were all different.I find the opposite to be the case with me when it comes to benzos and opiates.To me they seem to compliment each other perfectly and each adds to the euphoria of the other.I agree that morphine (or really any opiate in high enough doses )is plenty sedating and euphoric on it's own.As I'm sure everyone already knows,back in the old days before they developed dedicated tranquilizers opium and morphine were the tranquilizers of their day in addition to being pretty much the only choice for analgesics.Certain benzos (particularly Xanax and Valium IME)are quite euphoric themselves in high enough doses.At least I think so.Lots of people don't find benzos euphoric or recreational at all so,like I said,were all different.Tons of people find cocaine,amphetamines and other stimulants to be pleasurable yet they are a hellish nightmare to me.There's an ass for every seat I guess.

I guess were all different.I find the opposite to be the case with me when it comes to benzos and opiates.To me they seem to compliment each other perfectly and each adds to the euphoria of the other.I agree that morphine (or really any opiate in high enough doses )is plenty sedating and euphoric on it's own.As I'm sure everyone already knows,back in the old days before they developed dedicated tranquilizers opium and morphine were the tranquilizers of their day in addition to being pretty much the only choice for analgesics.Certain benzos (particularly Xanax and Valium IME)are quite euphoric themselves in high enough doses.At least I think so.Lots of people don't find benzos euphoric or recreational at all so,like I said,were all different.Tons of people find cocaine,amphetamines and other stimulants to be pleasurable yet they are a hellish nightmare to me.There's an ass for every seat I guess.

I myself find stimulants to be terrible & will never do them again. Valium is good with tramadol or oxycodone, since both of those are speedy to me & it smooths the high out.

im new to this site but... im wondering if after 4 days of trying to clean my system of heroin
(half g split between 2 people)- last day being Friday at about 6pm- will i pass a 10 panel urine test tomorrow? (Wednesday) or will it show up as morphine?

im new to this site but... im wondering if after 4 days of trying to clean my system of heroin
(half g split between 2 people)- last day being Friday at about 6pm- will i pass a 10 panel urine test tomorrow? (Wednesday) or will it show up as morphine?

These questions s are not allowed on this site.......but IMO, 4 days isn't enough & it might show up as morphine.....

Yeah,there's a clear rule about no drug testing questions at the top of every thread but since it's already out there I always gave myself a week of no unprescribed opiates since my freedom often depend on it.That means 7 days clean,piss on the 8th.At the minimum.