View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and a Sort of Sunburn

kikerd

Greenlighter
Some friends and I dropped acid for the first time a few months ago. Haven't been able to get our hands on LSD it since. But after our trip, we all noticed that we had a sort of sunburn. Of everything we've taken (which is a freaking laundry list) nothing else has ever given that sort of sunburn. My question to all of you is, has this eve happened to any of you? I haven't found any mention of this sort of thing on the internet and I haven't been able to get LSD since the experience so I've had no ability to test whether this is a normal thing or not.

Yeah you got a sunburn from taking LSD, not, you know...being in the sun during the time of year when it's warmer out. Makes perfect sense!

In response to the two people above. Tripped indoors and at night.

In response to the two people above. Tripped indoors and at night.

Were you inside all day? What about the day before and day after? When did the burn appear? What part of your body? Under clothes you were wearing or only on exposed skin? Why do you call it a sunburn exactly, is it more of a rash? Or identical to sunburn?

Did it last only a few hours or a long time? Somebody on the Shroomery forum said they got red skin for a few hours from LSD.

Were you inside all day? What about the day before and day after? When did the burn appear? What part of your body? Under clothes you were wearing or only on exposedd skin? Why do you call it a sunburn exactly, is it more of a rash? Or identical to sunburn?
Did it last only a few hours or a long time? Somebody on the Shroomery forum said they got red skin for a few hours from LSD.
We started the trip at about 1am. Were inside all morning and noticed red, dry skin that resembled sunburnt skin at about 6-6:30am. Didn't go outside until we went to starbucks at about 7. We each had it in random places around our bodies. In places ciphered by clothes and not. It lasted throughout the day, but was gone by the time I had woken up the next morning.

What did you do between 1-6am?

Did you go in a hot tub by chance? Thinking about the possibility of a chemical burn from freshly chlorinated hot tub. Or somethink like that.

What did you do between 1-6am?

Did you go in a hot tub by chance? Thinking about the possibility of a chemical burn from freshly chlorinated hot tub. Or somethink like that.
Nope. No hot tubbing or chemicals of any sort. Just chilled in our room mostly. Lit by a color changing led orb and a bunch of laser projectors. Nothing that would cause a burn.

Did you eat or drink anything that could explain it? I feel like it must have been some kind of contaminant but it's hard to rule out non-drug causes without all the factors. I think we need Dr. House.

Did you eat or drink anything that could explain it? I feel like it must have been some kind of contaminant but it's hard to rule out non-drug causes without all the factors. I think we need Dr. House.
Nothing consumed out of the ordinary. Only drank water and ate a peanut butter and nutella sandwich while tripping. Btw, if you hate the taste of shrooms, crush them up and throw them in a peanut butter sandwich. Or coat them in nutella. Tastes fuckin great.

Were you playing with any atomic weapons, or were you exposed to any nuclear explosions during that time?

Probably has something to do with vasoconstriction. The red areas may be places where there was less vasoconstriction so the blood got forced into those areas. Maybe there were impurities in that batch of LSD which caused more vasoconstriction than normal. Anyway, since it was temporary I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Probably has something to do with vasoconstriction. The red areas may be places where there was less vasoconstriction so the blood got forced into those areas. Maybe there were impurities in that batch of LSD which caused more vasoconstriction than normal. Anyway, since it was temporary I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Possible. Not worried about it. Just curious.

Honestly sun burnt skin can go unoticed for days ime. The trauma occurs on wednesday and becomes visible on Friday for example.