• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Codeine for punctual anxiety

oxymuffin

Bluelighter
Hi,

I'm getting a little anxious before paper presentations (nervous, hands shaking, that kind of thing) which I believe is related to my current steroid use cause I don't really get that anxious normally. It's more like a physical thing since my thoughts remain clean.

Well, I have some Vicodin laying around and I'm wondering if they could help to take the edge off. They're 500mg paracetamol 30mg codeine.

Is one enough? Should I take it about an hour before my presentation?

Opiates will take the edge off but may also decrease cognition, something to consider, so you may want to test your response before the actual presentation.

You don't have Vicodin though. Vicodin contains hydrocodone. If it is 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol (APAP) and you're opiate-naïve then I'd take no more than 8. Anything beyond that and you'll have to do a cold-water extraction to remove the liver-damaging APAP.

opioids are not prescribed for anxiety for a reason

opioids are not prescribed for anxiety for a reason

Maybe so, but as seeing as how helpful they can be, despite the aspect of addiction, I'd personally be willing to bet if the more mild ones were utilized while being controlled and monitored by a doctor, would probably not be any worst then lets say xanax.

i guess that could work... but why don't you just take a couple shots before your presentation? some people giving presentations tend to do that

yeah if your anxiety is that bad, a BIT of alcohol would help. benzos would be perfect for that situation too.

you could try it, may be take 5 and see how it does for you. some people are sensitive to codeine and some people don't get high from it at all.

if it works you probably won't be anxious, but not because it killed your anxiety imo, more like because you're catchin a buzz and enjoyin it and don't really care. you'll probably want to sit down in the presentation lol

If you are opiate naive then don't take it, you could get itching and nausea (side effects of opis) and then you wont be able give your presentation. Better to have some alcohol (small amount) or a benzo.

I guess I could take half a milligram of xanax but then I'd have to get some, the Vicodin is already here. I can't drink cause as I said I'm taking steroids now (thus why I'm getting anxious) and they don't mix.

I feel like 8 is lil bit too excessive tho. Wouldn't one tablet be enough (30mg codeine)? I just wanna take the edge off, I don't wanna get high.