• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiety After Amphetamine Use

Simple Hatred

Bluelighter
Why after a few days I took the drugs have been considerable anxiety?:\

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to tell us what drugs you had used.
I can also fix your thread title because ?? can mean anything.

(Sorry for title) last week I take amphetamine and after several hours I take 1 mg of clonazepam when have faded the effects of the amphetamine . And now I have anxiety and chest pain.

I would think from taking amps a week ago, you wouldn't have these symptoms now. Do you ever suffer from anxiety or panic attacks? That could play a part in this but I'm only guessing. I'm not a speed person but maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

maybe the amphetamine sort of unlocked the underlying anxiety like its considered a drug which can induce states for a long time after even a single use

maybe the amphetamine sort of unlocked the underlying anxiety like its considered a drug which can induce states for a long time after even a single use

^^^^^^
This!

Ive had the same problem from stimulants for several weeks. I will never touch stims ever again, its nasty sh*t!

Amps will amp up your underlying anxieties like none other......no matter what experienced users tell to beginners, they will always at least try it themselves once because of the energy & excitement you supposedly get from them.

In Hollywood movies, you always see people having a great time on stimulants but they never show the aftermath & how much anxiety this garbage causes.

Yes, anxiety/panic attacks can cause chest pains, & sometimes so severe, you will call an ambulance thinking you're having a heart attack.

Are you taking amps for fun or to combat depression?

Last edited:
Dont take any more amphetamines if theyve caused this much anxiety. It will only get worse. Ive had persisting anxiety and depression from methamphetamine days after Ive slept and ate. You need to let your body rest and recuperate.

I think its a good bet that if you stay away from it and let your body rest for a few more days, that you should return to normal. Eat healthy, get rest, avoid even coffee. Good luck my friend.

To Answer your question: yes, anxiety during and after stumulant (amphetamine) use is a common side effect with many users, especially if having underlying anxiety or stress related issues.

Sorry for your experience, but at least its a good lesson learned. I would avoid hard stimulant use (caffeine should be fine) if i were you.

A few months ago I had been of considerable anxiety and taking all kinds of drugs had been a results of anxiety. I don't know maybe it's just a psychological factor.

Stimulants can cause severe anxiety & the only defense I know of is either not doing them at all or using Valium after using stims.......

Yes last time after I took stimulants I took 5mg of diazepam and anxiety and chest pain are disappeared for several hours.