Bored with Shpongle

zyrow

Bluelighter

Who else has had enough of Posford and Raja Ram? As if one could possibly get enough...anyways like the above video please post music here that is equally as tasty as Shpongle!

You know what would be wild? BLUELIGHT PARTIES! Lol, I wonder if there has ever been such things in the history of this site. Where the community comes together around the world, that would be crazy!

Perhaps a resort down in Negril would be an ideal venue for such an event?

Hey I'm listening to Liquid Journeys right now, before I clicked this thread - cool coincidence! It's the first time I've heard it and I'm liking it - much more so than Shpongle which is barely musical (imo! Don't flame pls! :D). But really, it's just noise :(

You guys might already have heard my recommendations but I'm putting them out there for the off chance that you haven't. They're not exactly comparable to Shpongle but may suit your tastes.

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Simply sublime, they have a great discography accessible on YouTube. I recommend them highly!

Carbon Based Lifeforms Interloper [Full Album] - acid/downtempo/ambient
Carbon Based Lifeforms Hydroponic Garden [Full Album] -downtempo/ambient/psychedelic

And other albums to be found you know where.

Bluetech

Another artist worth a listen is Bluetech; their music is psychedelic/ambient, complex and subtle, the kind that grows on you the more you listen. If you give them a try, you've got to have patience really, it's not that kind of mainstream instant-gratification music, but there is much underlying beauty to be enjoyed.

Bluetech Basement Dubs [Full EP]
Bluetech Cosmic Dubs [Full Album]

Lots more albums on Youtube.

Ott

You might like this, it's a bit crazy, certainly more Spongle than my other recommendations.

Last edited:
Global Communication

14:31 - The masterpiece composed in 1994, minimalist and powerful, one of the most beautiful pieces ever written.

Last edited:
Thanks psyfiend and Libertin, your contributions are highly appreciated my friends! :) I have yet to listen to any of the music you posted, but believe you me once my sacrament arrives in the mail, it's so on! =D

You know what would be wild? BLUELIGHT PARTIES! Lol, I wonder if there has ever been such things in the history of this site. Where the community comes together around the world, that would be crazy!

If you only knew...

;)

It's dull, I'm bored of it before a track has finished. Didn't ambient die after the 90s?

I'll just post the decent apx tracks that I've found so far.
Aphex Twin Cock Ver10
Aphex twin ventolin (crowsmangegus mix edit) A1! Try to get the entire ventolin album.
One more, it has the sample 'why do you hate mash potatoes?'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEUFLwl-Ac8
it's not exactly strictly on-topic.

Last edited:
back on topic.
younger brother - the receptive

"I have to take a stress pill and think it over"

Last edited:
mindseye888, as much as I adore tool and have spend many hours trying to find similar tracks to 'the grudge' from when I worked in the US, this is creepy but organic.
free reign: tool - Aenema, Lateralus The Grudge.
Sink or swim indeed, learn to 'swim'

Last edited: