View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Depression and MDMA use?

teaandcake

Greenlighter
I've been suffering from depression for about 2-3 months and yesterday it was diagnosed as severe depression by my doctor. I'm not taking any medication for it, and don't intend to unless no improvements occur in the next few months.

There's a party happening on Saturday where most people will be taking MDMA and I've taken it lots of times in the past and had no problems, aside from the usual comedown for a day or two after. The last time I took it was late June, and to my knowledge I wasn't depressed (or wasn't aware of it) at that point. I'm wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and taken MDMA and had positive/negative effects? I'd like to take it this weekend, but I don't want to worsen my mental state. Yet I'm wondering whether taking a small dose of MDMA would maybe even benefit me and allow me to review my problems effectively? I'll note that I don't have a particular serious root cause for my depression like a bereavement or anything.

Thanks!

I'm almost certain that even small doses won't help on your current condition. I personally would abstract from MDMA until I felt in a comfortable state of mind again. The comedown might have a negative impact on your depression, but that's just for all I know.

hello andd I would like to offer you some great advice. I abused E for over 10 years. At one point I was taking about 3 to 5 pills daily and had terrible side affects. I had a constant choppy sound in my ears that made all sound seem like it was coming through a blowing fan when I heard it. I would have constant shock feelings like when someone runs up on you and grabs you from behind and scares you. It would happen all day long for months. I thought I was going crazy and if I took more E, it would go away. I would definitely stay off it. It depletes your serotonin and dopamine levels and maybe pure E would be helpfull to you if given in a doctors office and controlled but so much is adulterated with bs that you never really know what your exposing your neural network to. I can tell you how to reverse your depression naturally and fairly quick. Take 3k to 5k of sodium ascorbate daily in 3 hour doses and take Niacin flush or flush free. - 1k mg to 3k mg daily. This has been shown to reverse depression, add, adhd, and even schizophrenia. Cold pressed flax seed oil, follow label, blackseed oil, follow label, hemp oil, follow label, and fish oil, follow label. The oils cause the receptors in your brain that have become brittle from the toxins exposed to, to rejelly, or get moist or re gelly like. This allows the receptors to properly register the signals between the synapses. When they are dry and brittle and serotonin or dopamine is fired between them, they can not register a full signal but when more jelly like, they are able to complete the circuit and eliminate depression this way. Some also like to take clay baths with bentonite clay which also helps autism and children with learning disabilities. Ipad, Ipod, and headset wearing and usage also causes depression from the electric emmissions and you can get stickers that apply to these that protect from 99% of the toxicity. Also drinking alcohol causes depression and smoking cigs depletes 70% of your bodys vit C levels so you may be C deficient and D deficient so if your not getting at least 1 hour of sunlight per day, you should take 3 to 5k per day of Vit D. Eliminate sugars and fluoride from your drinking water by adding 1/8 teaspoon borax laundry additive(BORON) to every 1 gallon of your tap water and this will eliminate fluoride from your water and body, reverse arthritis, and decalcify your pineal and thyroid glands. Eat lots of raw vegs/ and fruits and 3 to 6 tablespoons per day of virgin cold pressed coconut oil that is unbleached and unprocessed. Look out for extra virgin as this is not a real such thing and companies labeling their coconut oil as such is scamming the buyer. Virgin is the highest form possible. Also meditation for at least 30 min per day while removing your shoes and walking with barefeet to the earth for grounding. Do all of this and you will be a very happy camper. Ive taken tons of antidepressants but feel doing this does not fix the underlying problem and only masks symptoms and the brain is not given the chance to restore its normal chemistry because its being forced to release chems here and there.:D Opiate withdrawal can cause severe depression as well but is only temporary.

Hi,

The reason why you smoke, take drugs, and drink is because you are self-medicating yourself because there is something missing in your life. Believe me. I do it.

How do you know you are depressed?
are you having trouble remembering things? are you having trouble learning new things in school? (I'm assuming you're in school)
are you in a new environment? did something traumatic happen to you in your life time?
then you may be clinically depressed. Sadness and clinical depression are two different things. Your mind shuts down when you are clinically depressed.
If any or all of these things are true then you should go see a therapist. You can self medicate yourself with weed instead of taking SSRIs, but you should watch yourself because you could be slipping down a slope. Don't rely on prescription drugs, those are unnatural. You can get yourself out of this without any of the man made synthetics. How do you think people in the 50s dealt with the depression? They didn't because the word "depression" didn't even happen until recently. They use that term so that doctors can sell you pills that make them very rich.

First thing first, you should focus on where the source of your depression is coming from. Find the source of suffering and find a solution for it. Maybe you feel like you don't have a purpose in life. Well then find one.
Find a driving force in your life... like helping people.. making people smile... taking care of people. Give yourself a sense of purpose and then you won't be depressed anymore. Start giving a shit about life and what you do. Don't give up on yourself. Depression is a first world problem bro. It's a disease that Americans get. Don't worry be strong and you'll get over it.

As for MDMA and making you depressed is a normal thing. It depletes the serotonin in your brain so you have to rebuild the reserve. You can find some 5-htp at the store and take a pill before and after your MDMA trip and you should feel better. Also take 1000 mg of Vitamin C. X takes a toll on your vitamin C levels in your body.

My advise for the depression is take some mushrooms. About 2~3 mg of it. Get yourself enlightened and get yourself out of the hole. Mushroom will help you get into a alter state of mind and then you'll self analyze yourself and then you'll free yourself from your own pain. Why do you think they did so many tests of LSD and depression back in the 70's? because it worked!

You should be good after that. Depression gone. You'll have a sense of pride and you can rebuild your ego.

Jai Ma!

Standard preface: we are not doctors, and you should really ask your doctor about how a diagnosed illness could be affected by drug use.

MDMA certainly can be therapeutic, but any benefits in that regard are less likely to come from recreational use at a party than taking it in a therapeutic setting (whether that's with an actual therapist or at home with the intent to use it as medicine and not as a party drug). Given that you've used it before with pretty standard outcomes, it doesn't sound like it would necessarily be a bad idea versus a good one, but I'd be careful given that you're experiencing depression for what sounds like the first time. That can definitely mess with expectations and outcomes when it comes to any drug use, and it could make your come down/recovery pretty rough.