• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help critique my plan for my first serious withdrawl

TouchN' Stuff Blvd

Bluelighter
The key information has been bolded if you would like to skip the backstory

I used heroin for the first time some nine or ten years ago now, but I have always been an occasional user until I first became addicted just about six months ago. A few factors collided at this time: I found a reliable connection to some very high quality beige almost white east cost powder that was much more fun to snort than a lot of the dope I had got in the past. And around the same time I was in a car accident which left me lot of long lasting back and muscle aches. To get through my physically demanding job I began all too regularly to take one dose a day at 9-10 am, but soon added another one around 4 pm to help stave off crankiness and increasingly noticeable very minor symptoms of withdrawal that would set in. Later I began to add another dose at around 8 or 9 pm around 2 or 3 days of the week. The speed with which withdrawal symptoms set in is probably a symptom of my very fast metabolism. The dosages I have currently worked up to is about .35 in the mourning, .2 in the afternoon, and sometimes .3 at night. That is .55 to .85 on an average to mildly high day. Or, To be just mildly sick at some points of the day I can stretch about .3 to .4

I use brown purely nasally

I took one week off from work, and if it is possible I would really like to use this week to get totally clean before going back. I have had enough of this life and I am wasting all my money. I have never gotten hooked on brown like this before so I really don't know what to expect in terms of severity of withdrawl.

On to my plan:::::

To help me withdraw, I have collected:

6 mg klonopin
2-4 mg ativan
12 mg loperamide hcl
I will probably add a dextromethorphan product as well before I get too sick

Tomorrow I plan to skip my mourning dose in order to let withdrawal set in, then limit myself to tiny doses in decreasing that leave me still somewhat sick for the first 1.5 days, then go cold turkey from there.
My plan is to space out the klonopin and ativan as much as I can, and use the lopperamide as I need it for its obvious intended purpose. If I am getting a lot of a headaches I might use dxm for that. I hope from there I can decrease the dosages of my withdrawal care meds and be off everything by the end of the week and feeling functional by the end of the week.
I also I plan to try to get some exercise, as I have heard that helps.

What do you think is my plan at all realistic? Or, on the other hand, is it a huge over reaction? Am I missing anything major I should collect to help with sympotms?

Go to your doctor. He/she will give you comfort meds perfect for withdrawals. If you really don't want to do that I would suggest some sort of stimulant for the laziness, and get some muscle relaxers. Xanax and ambian help a lot with the sleep. But I've had huge success with the vivatrol shot, although I only used heroin for a month and a half, all my withdrawals were done and over with in one day. I feel better than ever now and it's only been day 4. Hope this helps!

oh yea, don't forget to cut all ties with users/dealers it's the only way to stay clean. Good luck!

First and foremost as hiiimmario had said, CUT EVERY SINGLE CONNECTION YOU HAVE TO DOPE DEALERS. I cannot stress this enough, and yes I have been a dope addict and I am speaking from first hand knowledge. Also do not surround yourself with anyone using heroin, weather they are injecting half a bundle or sniffing a spec. Being around the drug will make you want it so much more. I would personally avoid opiates man, I know it sounds rough and of course its hard. Try to avoid K-pins as well. Drugs that are not as strong as heroin can lead to you chasing that better feeling again, trust me I know. And seeing a doctor may sound sketchy at first, but they will make sure everything is confidential, and it is their job to help the patient. They know whats best. Eat healthy and keep a positive mind. You can do it! Good luck

That's not a lot of benzos or lope. It's gonna be a bumpy ride if that's all you have. I would Recomend going to a walk in the box doctor and asking for clonidine. I also Recomend trying to get more klonopin. also ibuprofen in 800mg doses can help the muscle pain.

Try to grab some gabapentin or pregablin, the latter being more potent
They work wonders for wd, esp rls, anxiety, and insomnia

Definetly go buy much more loperamide.

But man, if this is going to be your first cold turkey and you have almost a 1g a day habit, you're fucked. It's gonna be hell.

Get pregabalin or if not gabapentin. Aparantly eases WDs significantly.

First update:

I used the last small dose of my brown this mourning and am just beginning to feel symptoms.

I went to my doctor and told him what I was planning to do, and he perscribed me ProChlorPerazine 10 mg tabs for the nausea. I would have loved a bit more of some benzo but I didnt really expect my luck to be that good.

Thanks for the suggestions on other meds those could be very handy although I am running out of time

Im onto day 2, and things are no where near as bad as I imagined. My nausea meds seem to be working pretty well, as I am not nauscious although I also have no appetite. I feel pretty woozy and out of it maybe do to a combined effect of the ProChlorPerazine and ativan which I have been taking? I have also had 2 15 ml doses of DXM at times when I was feel very agitated and craving heroin, and it may have helped somewhat. I also had 4 mg of lope and found that to be all I need so far.
Iv also been smoking a good amount of weed and drinking ginger and mint tea (at separate times though, that would be sick) as agents to help me feel better in a general sense.

So it seems I am getting off easy? or is there a chance I am over medicating my symptoms and this is going to extend the withdrawal? As this is my first time coming off an extended heroin addiction I would love any assurances that I am going about it in a smart manner, or critiques on what I should be doing better. Thanks