• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

An unremarkable introductory post

Bocgam

Greenlighter
I've been browsing Bluelight for years. I appreciate all of the shared information and experience. It's been helpful.

Lately I've found myself here on Sundays. For the last few years Sunday has been my day off. Six days on opiates (PST) and opiods (tramadol) and one day off. I generally alternate daily between PST and tramadol. For PST, I use a little less than two pounds of seeds. For tramadol, 300 mg once a day.

I'm married and employed, a functional addict. I began using to reduce anxiety and to make myself more empathetic. Sometimes I still tell myself that I wouldn't use if I didn't have to do anything. In all fairness, I use to make my job easier. It's demanding and stressful, and opiates and opioids transform me into an extremely effective professional.

So I normally take Sunday off. It's unpleasant but manageable. But a few weeks ago, in a time of unusually high pressure, I dosed on Sunday. To compensate, I took the following Saturday and Sunday off. It was the first time in years that I took two days off. Not fun.

As a result of those two days of withdrawal, I decided to explore tolerance-reducing strategies. I'm hoping that if I am able to reduce my tolerance that periods of time off will be more manageable.

I've put together a pretty decent stack. It includes DXM, agmatine, magnesium, zinc, ashwagandha, lithium orotate, curcumin, n acetyl cysteine, black cumin seed oil, gotu kola, and proglumide. If I were to make a conservative estimate to quantify their tolerance-reducing effect, it would be in the 10-15% range. In other words, modest but noticeable.

As for today, I'm going back and forth about whether to take some loperamide. I know I'll get a little relief, but I feel like there is some benefit to keeping all opioids and opiates out of the body for a day, even if they aren't able to cross the barrier.

Anyway, I needed to put my thoughts into words. All responses are appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Welcome !

There is a definite benefit to abstaining from all opioids, including lope. I encourage you to keep taking that day off

you already got 2 replies. your post was literally remarkable :)

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Welcome to posting :D Glad you decided to vent this one out, taking that one day off a week really does a lot more than you think. Good work. Definitely keep it up!

Feel free to post in other parts of the site, I'm sure you'll make friends who go through the same thing; just trying to get through the week and everything that comes with it.

Need any help around here feel free to send me a message. :)

Hi
I'm convinced that half of the supplements in the Thomas recipe or elsewhere are of little to no therapeutic effect. Neither for managing withdrawal , pain relief, or cutting tolerance.
The only things I've found remotely beneficial and like to have on hand are : kratom, lomotil (or OTC Imodium), CWE codeine/apap , and benzos. As well as being consistent on antidepressant / anti anxiety if you're already on them. Gravol is useful for sleep. Never ever zopiclone or antihistamine like Benedryl or hydroxyzine, they just make it worse.
-Natalia