MAPS MAPS Indiegogo Campaign: Legalizing Psychedelic Therapy (Ended Oct 9, 2014!)

I went ahead and made this a sticky and will unsticky it at the end of the campaign. A little info from MAPS (also found at the link):

Government-approved research is showing that psychedelic therapy can help people suffering from serious mental health conditions, especially those for whom other treatments have failed. The world's largest-ever clinical trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is almost complete, and the results will help make MDMA-assisted psychotherapy the first legal psychedelic treatment by 2021. We need your help to complete this study and legalize psychedelic therapy.

MAPS has already raised over $1.3 million through contributions from individuals, private foundations, and our previous crowdfunding campaign. We're asking you to help us raise the remaining $50,000. By making a donation and sharing this campaign, you help:

- Make MDMA-assisted psychotherapy a legal treatment by 2021
- Complete a crucial study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for veterans, firefighters, and police officers with PTSD
- Demonstrate growing public support for psychedelic and medical marijuana research

There are some pretty sweet donation perks and a whole lot more information available on the campaign page.

I think it would be great to see this on the front page (I PMed S_G about it but have not yet heard back.)

Some more info from MAPSBryce, from actual MAPS! :)

MAPS has launched a new crowdfunding campaign to support psychedelic research: Legalizing Psychedelic Therapy

Government-approved research is showing that psychedelic therapy can help people suffering from serious mental health conditions, especially those for whom other treatments have failed. The world's largest-ever clinical trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is almost complete, and the results will help make MDMA-assisted psychotherapy the first legal psychedelic treatment by 2021.

Our goal is to raise $50,000 in just 45 days to complete funding for our largest-ever study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD. We've already raised $1.3 million, and we're utilizing crowdfunding to take public awareness of our work to the next level.

There are two ways you can help:

• Donate to the campaign— Absolutely any amount makes a difference. All donations made right now have a much bigger impact than donations made later in the campaign, because they inspire people to give.
  • Share the campaign on Facebook, Twitter, or any other network. Ask your friends, family, colleagues, and anyone who may be interested in the therapeutic potential of psychedelics to contribute to the campaign however they can.

With your help, we can complete the research necessary to make psychedelic therapy a legal treatment option.

Thank you!

Felonious Monk, the prints are shown at the link, and they're pretty awesome! You have to scroll down a bit.

And an interview! :)

http://www.cannabisradionews.org/maps-raising-money-for-ptsd-research/

"The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, or MAPS, won federal approval in March to conduct “whole plant” research on marijuana with the goal of making an FDA approved prescription drug for PTSD suffers, the first such research approval in history. MAPS is also undertaking an eight-year, $18.5 million plan to make MDMA into a federally approved PTSD medicine by 2021. To find out more about MAPS and efforts to develop psychedelic therapy into a legal prescription treatments, CRN’s Brian Bahouth spoke with MAPS Director of Communications, Brad Burge."

MAPS has raised $106,103 (USD) of its $50,000 goal!!! YAY! This means that in addition to funding their largest study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy, all remaining treatment sessions and the treatment room for their second-largest study (taking place in Boulder, Colorado) have been funded as well as the cost of preparation and storage of the MDMA.

They have also added a new referral contest that ends at 12:00PM PST on September 23. Instructions here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/legalizing-psychedelic-therapy#activity

Last edited:
Good news everyone! The deadline has been extended to October 9, 2014 (11:59 PM Pacific Time). PLUS, another $10,000 in donations are being matched dollar for dollar ($20,000 has already been matched!). Anything helps!

The campaign ended last night, and the final total is a whopping $130,888! That's over 2.5 times as much as the original goal of $50,000! Thank you to everyone who contributed :)

Disagree with the MDMA (nuerotoxin/possible permanent serotonin loss.)
They SHOULD use shrooms, LSD, and in a safe way maybe N-bomb (had the most beautiful experience on it...)

I have been diagnosed PTSD and BPD and find psychedelics to be the best all around drug due to its badass after effects...I'm probably wrong but idk I think its possible (correct me if wrong) for other psychedellics-mainly lsd and shrooms-to INCREASE serotonin....

How else explain the beautiful after glow..?

m

MDMA has been wildly successful so far, and both LSD and psilocybin are being studied for their therapeutic potential as well (MAPS has ongoing research with LSD as a treatment for anxiety). MAPS is also studying ayahuasca and ibogaine for their potential as addiction treatments. You can find all kinds of info about it at MAPS.org :)

MDMA has been wildly successful so far, and both LSD and psilocybin are being studied for their therapeutic potential as well (MAPS has ongoing research with LSD as a treatment for anxiety). MAPS is also studying ayahuasca and ibogaine for their potential as addiction treatments. You can find all kinds of info about it at MAPS.org :)
Thanks bud, I'll be sure to check it out.