Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms -- First trip -- A crazy fucking experience

Samson gets me lifted

Bluelighter
First crazy shroom trip

I had wanted to try shrooms for a while, but they were difficult for me to find. My buddy had told me all of the different things to expect from when he used to do them, so not only was I excited but somewhat prepared for what to expect. After looking desperatly for weeks to find them, I gave up. Luckily I was at a party on a friday night and the guy who was throwing it asked me if I wanted to buy a 1/4 of shrooms that his brother had given him to sell. Needless to say I jumped on the opportunity.
I did them up the next night, I was with 2 friends, who decided to stay sober and laugh at me. We walked down to McDonalds where I brought them in the bathroom and just threw a few in my mouth, figuring it was about a gram or 2, which was a good ammount to start with. After I chewed them I looked down and noticed that more then half the bag was missing, and realised that I took about 4 grams. I really didnt care, I was just a little worried, but my buddy told me how to handle a bad trip so I wasn't too upset. We went in the restaurant to eat, and after about 10 minutes I could feel my stomach start to rumble a little bit, then I got a nice little head buzz followed by an all around body buzz. I really liked the buzz it gave me, it was something not to different from weed, but more intense and less of a cloudy head.
We started to walk back to my buddy's house when it started to get stronger. It was just coming on and was tons of fun at this point. When we got to my buddy's house I really started to trip. I got so confused, I had no fucken clue what was going on. The walls would go completly blurry, and then they would start to breathe, and then melt towards the floor. When I continued to look at them the walls and the roof met and curved together, it was really neat but it made my sick if I stared at it. The trip kept going from really good and everything is funny, to really bad feel sick, scariness. It was soooo good at times, and then it would be so bad. My friend kept calling my name, saying that he didnt like me when I was on them, he said they made me too quiet, but I was soo fucked I felt it hard to talk. The idea of coming up with words to express yourself seemed like such a chore.
My friend threw a peanut at me to try to get my attention and a trail followed the peanut in the air. It was like a whole array of peanuts that I could see floating threw the air, and it remained there for like 10 seconds after. Another friend came over, and this cheered me up a lot cause I was feeling lonely and scared. He came in and it made me feel so good to see him, it was like every time one of them smiled or got excited it excited me, like any positive energy I could feel and any negative energy as well. The body buzz is soo hard to explain, it resembled being high, being drunk, rolling, and it had it's own unique attributes aswell.
After staying there for about an hour, me and my buddy went back to my house to sleep. On the way home it was somewhat cold out, but it felt soooo cold to me. I thought I was going to freeze to death. I put my hands in my mouth to warm them up but when I did that I got this idea that I was ripping my face apart, so I pulled them out quickly. When I got home I felt so confused and scared. There was no covers in the basement and my buddy asked me to go upstairs and get some. I couldn't really talk, I managed to communicate to him that I didn't know where they were cause I cant think, and he was getting pissed off. I kept walking around in a circle trying to figure something out, I dont know what thou. My friend put on some music and I couldn't hear it at all, I could see it. All of the beats formed there own unique patterns, and I could taste the music as well. It was soo fucken weird. It was at this point where I got even worse.
I forgot who I was, I knew nothing. I felt like I was being reborn into the world, like I was a baby who knew nothing and the world was a new place to him. I also figured out what I thought was the meaning of life, I understood it perfectly at the time but I don't fully understand it now. It was just to be, just be, just live and be, nothing that happens matters, just be.
I knew that I had the urge to sleep so I lied down and tried to go to bed, despite stomach pains. I woke up in the middle of the night trying to breathe. I had to really focus on breathing, it didnt come natural now. I was a little more with it, and I told myself that it was just the shrooms fucking with my head. I remember concentrating on breathing, scared I was dying for at least 10 minutes, then I must have just fell asleep. All in all it was a crazy fucking experience, I plan to eventually do them again, but not half as much this time.

I had to reply because you have the coolest screen name I've ever seen. That is the most hilarious part in the movie(half baked)! Sorry about your trip being overwhelming, but you're right on the money about lowering the dose. Shrooms can have an incredible range in their strength depending on the dosage. Good luck next time.

Definitely next time just about 2g will do the trick, you can bump it later if you're feeling good. I wouldn't recommend taking more than that until you become accustomed to the trip.

Interesting report....Ive done my share of acid but Im curious about shrooms. I didnt realize you could get such strong visuals of 4 grams but it sounds interesting none the less. I know exactly what your talking about with the trails.....they are cool as fuck when your dancing though.
*Jessica*
------------------
D.A.R.E. to think for yourself.

I never tripped that hard my first time. But the other day I had about a 1/4 of these really blue mushrooms. It was scary but amazing at the same time. I was told that if you don't eat for a day before that your stomach absorbs more so that what i did. But they didn't hit me till about 2 hours after i eat them. I was back at my buddies house listening to sum music with the base pounding when all of a sudden the whole room was shaking everything started to move really fast but also slow down at the same time. I tried to lay down and, relax but the ceiling looked like it was dripping. So I went outside. Everything seemed really big and it had been raining so that water made everything look like it was sparkling. After what seemed like forever I went back inside. I wanted to watch TV but everybody wanted to listen to music so I started to watch family guy with no sound. I was still tripping balls when his parents pull in the driveway. I was so fucked up that i just ran to his room and sat on his bed and started watching shit splash out of his table and on to his floor. After the peak was gone I was finally able to put my hoodie up and sneak past his parents with my eyes still looking like saucers. After we were out front we went for a walk up the street to meet up with sum friends. Every time I took a step the whole ground rippled and made it look like the houses were gonna fall over. We finally got back and his parents were a sleep so I chilled the rest of the time. It was by far the highest I have ever been on shrooms. It was scary at first cause it was new, but the next step is eating a half ounce. But I dont want nothing to go wrong when i do. But till then i still got another 5grams for next weekend. Remember magic mushrooms are dope and everybody should try them at least once, but always be careful enjoy them but dont let them take control cause as much as they are good Iv seen people trip ballz and not in a good way. Its all about self control.

Ey, I had these "stems" I bought'em from a guy for about 10 bucks (He was a friend of a friend, everyone was tripping and I wanted to 2. So he hooked me up) I ate what he said to be a gram, about 7-8 stems. You described part of your trip like this...
I forgot who I was, I knew nothing. I felt like I was being reborn into the world, like I was a baby who knew nothing and the world was a new place to him. I also figured out what I thought was the meaning of life, I understood it perfectly at the time but I don't fully understand it now. It was just to be, just be, just live and be, nothing that happens matters, just be.

That is EXACTLY what I felt for the first 2 hours. It was nutz. I was in darkness, utter darkness (Probably cause my eye's were closed) and since my mind is always on 'drive' it went on 'over drive' for 2-3 hours. When I finally came 2, I felt like a brandnew person, "reborn" as you said.

The meaning of life? Idk, but that need to exist, to BE. Was strong... No matter how bad things got, all I knew was that I simply had to exist, no matter what...

I couldn't think otherwise... is it normal to feel like that after a 1 gram dose? I'v tripped before, quiet visual and intense 2. But off of CCC's. I'v learned from this experience that you should never trip in a dark room (Thats what I thought brought on this "darkness")... not until shit gets a lil less intense...

But someone wanna fill me in? Is intensity based on experience? or Dose? or Shroom?

I think doing them w/ ppl who were not trippin made you more conscious of their reactions, etc. I can defin relate to the feeling being similar to when i'm high on weed. I have only done shrooms twice and the 2nd time was not even worth counting-can't wait to try it again, I hope to have visuals-what you describe sounds awesome!