• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Experiences with pure CBD

Zerix

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone here tried smoking/vaping pure CBD oil/wax. I noticed a couple places online selling 100% CBD oil (and found one site selling CBD wax) and was pretty surprised! Then again, of course there is no THC so it's just considered what, basically a hemp extract?

Anyone who tried and tested? Is it beneficial with all the goods minus the anxiety/paranoia ?

Actually, the greater the content of CBD in the Indica weed strains is responsible for the more "stoney" type high , or couch lock and should actualy work against anxiety and paranoia. Indica strains contain more CBD than THC, and Indica is prescribed for pain management, sleep aid, eating disorders and more. In my opinion, true indica strains have medicinal value as well as recreational properties from what THC content they actually do contain.

Sativa strains are the more "trippy/speedy/creative" types of high where anxiety can be increased, along with heart rate, paranoia etc. containing more THC than CBD.

Both strains can be equally recreational, or medicinal in their own respects. There is still tons of research about how THC/CBD helps the body.

All that being said,I am not sure 100% CBD oil would be very recreational. It might have very very little recreational value as maybe a light sedative? MAYBE? Considering THC the actual psychoactive component of marijuana that "gets you high", without THC I would say CBD wouldn't be very recreational. You could certainly give it a try, but I have read/heard/seen nothing about CBD oil being used for anything other than medicinal purposes (anti-inflammatory for pain, anti-anxiety) and I am pretty certain the stuff being sold "legally" on that website is made in some "non-psychoactive variation". Better off just getting some great Indica bud tbh.

Never seen it personally but cannabis is such a wonderful plant because all the CBD and CBNs and THC work together to make the medicine work so well. For example I read a report from a very trusted source (Sam the Skunkman of the old Overgrow site and Cannabis World) saying that pure THC alone rather sucks. A clear head high for about 15 minutes I believe was the description. If I had to smoke every 15 minutes I probably wouldnt even smoke to begin with.

I hear strains high in CBD are better for anxiety sufferers but I bet CBD alone wouldnt do the trick. Perhaps if you added pure CBD to your existing smoke you could relieve some anxiety. Worthy of further review for people who like to get high but hate that canna anxiety. But as the poster above me noted, if its sold legally from different online vendors it probably isnt psychoactive.

It sedates and relaxes you. If you can afford to make it a daily supplement it's a great thing to have on hand. Amazon has tons of options. Commercial CBD oil is legal in all 50 states.

Cannabidiol seems expensive even for Amazon. $40 for tiny liquid ounce vials up to $150 for 2. 32 packs of CBD gum for $50 to $100. Anything listed cheaper seems like hemp oil. I wonder if it becomes cheaper as you factor in the dosage amount but... I used to get vials of real liquid medicine from the clinic with more than that for literally half the price.

Currently cost prohibitive for me but Id love to see what a reliable head has to say about using CBD supplementally on top of normal cannabis use to possibly diminish anxiety and paranoia.

There's more than just cbd that just has the most widespread effect..... CBN has beneficial pain relieving aspects with intoxicating effects supposedly. CBG and CBC are both really beneficial for their very selective healing effects. I noticed og kush to have higher cbc than girl scout cookies while being relatively the same in other content. CBC is supposed to reduce inflammation and help work towards pain relief. There is also the aromatherapy aspect of cannabis that has more powers than most recognize.

Thanks for the input. The reason I mention CBD only, is because I actually do NOT want to smoke any weed. I am on a big break for now, as I am from a lot of things, and I was looking for anxiety relief of course, and I know Indica provides that, and though I love weed to death, I can't smoke it anymore. It TRIGGERS my anxiety for some reason, even high CBD strains... but that's not the only reason. I just want to stay away, for now.

Glad to hear it's definitely legal and sedating, I was in my mind hoping it provides all the benefits without the psychoactive high. So only one way to find out personally :) Looking to buy a gram of the CBD wax online which isn't as expensive as you might think.

My girl actually just received 2 containers to trial for pain and medical reasons. One is almost pure CBD oil with a tiny ammount THC (0.173% THC + 2.3% CBD so still legal) and one with THC and CBD (7.15% THC + 2.34% CBD medicin). I tried it one time at two drops and noticed no effects of the CBD oil, buts 2 drops is a tiny dose. My gf hasn't felt anything of a high on higher dosages. But it does help her with the pains and aches, although very subtle. The THC oil is very nice way smoother when dosed sublingual and vaporised then my synth noids (which I always vape). My gf sadly gets very anxious and paranoid on the THC rich oil like she also had on hydrophonic sativa like weeds.

I tried the CBD oil also to see if a smallish dose would level of or complement my synthetic noids high. But it sadly did't, so no anxiety lost on that specific experiment. Although again a low dose, as my girl actually needs her meds so I will not be conducting any trials with it.

I am actually curious about CBD and it's possibility's and the alcohol extracted oil is legally sold over here. So in time when I am indulging in cash again I will happily start trying out the oil.

Your girl should try the two oils together. The cbd should cancel out the paranoia of thc.

For example I read a report from a very trusted source (Sam the Skunkman of the old Overgrow site and Cannabis World) saying that pure THC alone rather sucks. A clear head high for about 15 minutes I believe was the description. If I had to smoke every 15 minutes I probably wouldnt even smoke to begin with.

yup, it's not a bad experience but way too short-lived and lacks the good muscle-relaxant effect of the CBNs. anyone with a vape that keeps accurate temps can make CBD wax in small amounts, just have to load up the crucible with green and heat it enough to boil the THC (160o). CBD doesn't boil until 180o so it will remain and that half-baked green can be ISO washed to reduce it to a CBD hash.

Ooooh thujone thank you for that method.... I'm assuming it's not so easy with CBG?

I'll second thc alone sucks after using 10 mg marinol at one point. It becomes disorienting and irritability ensues.

I'll be making the purchase tomorrow and updating this week, can't wait!!

@thujone - thank you for the info! I had no idea it could be that simple.

Your girl should try the two oils together. The cbd should cancel out the paranoia of thc.

Tried this, had the same oils 7%thc and 2%cbd. Took 8 drops of the THC oil and became quiet stoned, after a while i took 4 drops of the CBD only oil and daaaamn i god fucking stoned like crazy. it did indeed lessen the anxiety a bit.

Well both oils have equal percentage of CBD, CBD oil with a 'trace' ammount THC (0.173% THC + 2.3% CBD) THC and CBD oil (7.15% THC + 2.34% CBD medicin). The medicin part is mostly related to the law as both oils are medical. But the CBD only oil is legal without medical reasons.

Back to your response Dude (the quote) I was in the assumption they allready did that while manufacturing the oils. Making oil with an perfect ratio THC/ CBD. The THC oils also contains CBD! Or did you mean the oil containing both is not the optimal ratio. So would raising the CBD up to 3,5% (equal parts CBD rich oil and THC oil if I did my math correct) be even stronger combatting THC's side effects as 2,3% would?

Last edited:
Tried this, had the same oils 7%thc and 2%cbd. Took 8 drops of the THC oil and became quiet stoned, after a while i took 4 drops of the CBD only oil and daaaamn i god fucking stoned like crazy. it did indeed lessen the anxiety a bit.
she tried but no avail THC is not for her. Lucky me, I 'll take care of the THC oil honey.

It is about finding what works best not only for you, but when. Try doses close to 2.5-5 mg thc and adjust the cbd probably starting with 0.75-1 part to start.

Honestly I'm speaking quite out my ass from my own short and barely educated experiences. I want to see cbc and cbg extracts, which is supposedly really easily obtainable from industrial hemp.

Before she finds strong effect from the tincture she should try to gently introduce it to the system even maybe once or twice a week. It may not even be for her as you acknowledge. Just remember recreational doses are not medical doses even if they have medical benefits in the right setting.

It is about finding what works best not only for you, but when. Try doses close to 2.5-5 mg thc and adjust the cbd probably starting with 0.75-1 part to start.

Honestly I'm speaking quite out my ass from my own short and barely educated experiences. I want to see cbc and cbg extracts, which is supposedly really easily obtainable from industrial hemp.

Before she finds strong effect from the tincture she should try to gently introduce it to the system even maybe once or twice a week. It may not even be for her as you acknowledge. Just remember recreational doses are not medical doses even if they have medical benefits in the right setting.

The oil containing both THC and CBD has 3 parts THC 1 part CBD (roughly) the CBD only oil could be added to modulate the THC effect further.

But she always reacted poorly to recreational use and IMO the oils are not that easy doseable. One drop could be anywhere between 1/2 to 2 drops really. So maybe it would be adviseable to make your one solution so that it can be dosed more accurate (liquid measurement)

You could get a syringe and figure be extremely exact with it. Something like a 3 ml syringe although a 1 ml works. It's probably good to have one to pull few ml if needed and add 0.1-0.9 with the 1 ml. Fortunately I can access medical quality stuff and am hoping to try a 23:1 mg cbd:thc tincture from the AC/DC strain.... Just unfortunately broke