• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Experiences with pure CBD

This is a bit of a scare tactic. (and a sales pitch)

In Hemp Industries Ass’n. v. Drug Enforcement Admin., 357 F.3d 1012 (9th Cir. 2004) the 9th circuit ruled that “THC naturally-occurring within non-psychoactive hemp products did not fall under the DEA’s regulation.”

So I used heady harvest 175mg pure "cbd" oil and the head shop assured me that there is no possible way that I would fail a drug test for THC. So I use the oil and felt extremely high The Taste was familiar after thinking about it I remember where the taste was from and it reminded me of exactly like Vaped weed. Now I am on probation so it worried me a little bit to the point where I wanted to test myself I bought 6 at home urine test and failed every single one of them for THC to where there wasn't even a faint second line on the test. My suggestions from personal experience do not use CBD oil if you are on any type of Probation Parole ISP or anything that involves drug testing for THC because you will fail. This is not a suggestion this is a warning you absolutely will fail for THC 100%

Rather, you will fail if you have THC tainted CBD. CBD in every literal way cannot set off a THC drug test alone. I'm sorry but your head shop dude either lied, the shop's been misguided by the company, or the company has a fault in their CBD extraction process tainting it with THC.

Never seen it personally but cannabis is such a wonderful plant because all the CBD and CBNs and THC work together to make the medicine work so well. For example I read a report from a very trusted source (Sam the Skunkman of the old Overgrow site and Cannabis World) saying that pure THC alone rather sucks. A clear head high for about 15 minutes I believe was the description. If I had to smoke every 15 minutes I probably wouldnt even smoke to begin with.

I hear strains high in CBD are better for anxiety sufferers but I bet CBD alone wouldnt do the trick. Perhaps if you added pure CBD to your existing smoke you could relieve some anxiety. Worthy of further review for people who like to get high but hate that canna anxiety. But as the poster above me noted, if its sold legally from different online vendors it probably isnt psychoactive.

Bro you sound stupid right now. Pure thc sucks alone and only lasts for 15 min??!? Have you ever taken a dab? Or smoked pure crystaline thc?? Dont believe everything you hear

I take 1 puff of pure cBd crystals every night b4 bed. I use a methpipe and it is great for sleep. Nothing better actually. Super cheap too. So glad I tried it with the methpipe.

Nice to hear from you CfZrx! :)

I those those crystals would make sleeping harder. Maybe this is different with cBd.

CBD helps me against anxiety and is generally calming. If that's what you are looking for, go try it. It's legal in most places, but surpisingly expensive.

I've recently tried highly concentrated cbd oil for my joint / muscle pain and annoying muscle twitching after discussion with my GP. I got it from a legitimate dispensary that has been active for 20 years, not some fly by night store that has been popping up everywhere in Vancouver.

I was instructed to take a toothpick and dip it into this viscous oil (doesn't sound like a very scientific measurement). Took it sublingually at 11AM and it made me sleepy 1.5 hours later... I napped for 2.5 hours in the middle of the day!! Got 9 hours sleep the previous night too... perhaps too much oil.

Worst part is it didn't do anything for the aches, maybe it decreased slightly but not worth the side effects during the day.

Good news is I felt pretty calm for the rest of the day, maybe very low dose cbd oil could be anxiolytic without the sedation. I'm sure people use it as a sleep aid, but normally I just take melatonin instead.

@strangecase: I was taken aback at the price too

@augustaB: yes I would agree, take cbd oil with mdma and it seems like it would produce a very smooth, 'melted butter' roll. I haven't tried but this is now on my to-do list.

Last edited:
I can also confirm that cbd and mdma definitely go amazingly well together! For those wondering, a lot of drug test check for cbd as well now so it's not recommended to use it if you need to pass one, especially not if cops are involved.
@starting_over It is quite effective for pain control but you would've probably needed quite a bit more. Usually, you'd work your way up to the desired dosage over a period of a few weeks to months depending on your starting tolerance and amount of pain needing management. I took 2ml daily (a lot more than a cobered toothpick lol)for leg pain after an accident. I gotta say I really doubt how reliable that dispensary was since they didn't supply you with a better way to mesure and more explanation.. It is pretty pricy but was still sooo much cheaper and safer than the pain meds.

Vaped CBD with my coffee thus morning. So far it's been an incredibly effective combination: all the energy of caffeine without the anxiety and speediness, and all the relaxation of cannabidiol without the usual crash in motivation.

Hello iksaxophone :) I was surprised to read your reference to a "usual cannabidiol crash in motivation". Perhaps I am splitting hairs here, but were you specifically referring to a post thc consumption "burnout" situation? I ask because cbd itself (without thc) is wonderfully attributed for not causing lethargy. Thanks for any thoughts you may want to share. :)

Hi :) Remember that our bodies counterbalance the things that we do to mediate pain, etc. even though we are not referring to the same ways or not making a direct comparison to opiates when commenting upon cbd. So what I am saying is that the literature points out that a lot of people actually treat anxiety which occurred after starting to consume thc, so if your body is experiencing a reaction to thc consumption, you may require a much higher dose of cbd than someone who consumes no thc at all. Just hoping to help.

The federal limit is the trace 1% amount of thc in OTC cbd, while some I have seen some products report .7%, .3% or none on their contents table. Are you saying that 1% could not touch off a drug test for marijuana?

Last edited:
CBD effects the cytochrome p450 protein system and basically acts as an antidote to THC and any of its adverse effects. Its a valuable note to make for anyone who is buying, but unaccustomed to consuming any pure thc capsules normally sold in high doses (30 mg ea) to medical marijuana patients.

Hi :) It might really help the majority of us here at this english language speaking site if you would make sure that your articles are posted in their translated english form. :) Thanks!

Honestly, I would also have concerns about post-Chernobyl radiation levels in European sourced hemp products including cbd oil.

Sounds like cbd "crumble" to me ... shatter is absolutely hard and clear and pure THC, it actually shatters when struck to break up into smaller pieces. I think you might have been rooked through swapping. It could have been crumble cbd worth about $20 or so for 1 gm. Oh! But not green, sorry. But they could have mixed in some keif to the cbs crumble to try to persuade you of it being cannabis if they knew you wouldn't know that it wasn't real shatter. Really sounds to me like it was absolutely not shatter as it would not have been green or soft.

Sounds like cbd "crumble" to me ... shatter is absolutely hard and clear and pure THC, it actually shatters when struck to break up into smaller pieces. I think you might have been rooked through swapping. It could have been crumble cbd worth about $20 or so for 1 gm. Oh! But not green, sorry. But they could have mixed in some keif to the cbs crumble to try to persuade you of it being cannabis if they knew you wouldn't know that it wasn't real shatter. Really sounds to me like it was absolutely not shatter as it would not have been green or soft.

hey man, i unapproved one of your posts looking for sources. it's just that we don't allow that here. sorry man:(.

I've vaped pure cbd. I didn't notice anything with the pure CBD except feeling a little more relaxed. I noticed later though when I smoked some green a few hours after vaping the CBD oil I'd lost all my THC tolerance.