Assignment Trouble swallowing pills and Dysphagia

H

healthresearch1

I am doing a research project on Dysphagia and problems swallowing pills and was wondering if anyone could give me some help with any insight they have, with particular reference to this problem in children. Any medicines that they use which they find difficult to swallow and doesn't have a liquid alternative or how they overcome a difficulty with swallowing pills.

I have trouble swallowing pills. I can't get them down and they get stuck in my throat, I guess its a physical thing.
I just tough it out and chew them up and swallow with water. Taste is only a sense, it's not physical, so I just put up with the horrid flavours.
Gel caps are a pain in the arse, I just open them up.
Always had this problem, even as a kid. My mother just mixed pills with honey.
It might be helpful for you to know I was never a picky eater when young too.

Break the pills up and put them in food or a drink. That's what a lot of older people do as well as for children. Just make sure that the medicine is ideal for doing that.

anonymous -> drug studies

my suggestion to you would be to create an account in case you need to write something or people have questions. if you're looking for acecdotes that's fine as well but i would still suggest making an account.

goodluck with your research!