Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD/~4-500ug) Very experienced: Hiking

Sweet Jones

Bluelighter
I have never written a trip report before but seeing as this was possibly the best trip I've had, I felt the need to at least write it down. I hope it is okay that I included pictures.

Australians on this forum (and maybe others) might know Wilson's Promontory, a national park about 3 hours' drive from Melbourne, and the southernmost point of Australia. Covered in rainforest, brimming with various native wildlife, packed with beautiful and secluded beaches, and scribbled all over with hiking trails. The Prom was a regular holiday destination for my family when I was younger. Now I am 23, my family is split up, and last weekend I came here with my mother and younger sister to spend some time before mum goes overseas for 4 months. We used to go around Christmas time (summer down here) when the Prom is so packed that you need to enter a draw just to get a campsite, but this weekend it was almost completely empty.

After a morning walk with my mother and sister, I eat the 4 tabs at around 230. First effects appear at around 3, and I make my way to the trail I have in mind (Norman beach to Little Oberon bay). By the time I get to the mountain (pictured) the rocks are looking like faces, music is more than music, and my vision is tinged with that 'feel' of LSD where everything looks the same but somehow different.

I climb the mountain as the effects climb as well. I stop here and there to soak in the view and take a few pictures. I see a detour to 'Norman Point' I think it was called but get confused trying to figure out where the trail is and get back on the main hike. Though I do find a nice spot slightly off the track to sit down and stare at the sky for a bit.

After I reach the top of the mountain and start the descent to Little Oberon bay the drug is at full effect and the scenery, markedly more beautiful than on the other side of the mountain (where the scenery was amazing), is spellbinding. I wander through trees and ferns and all sorts of colourful flowers. Plants are causing visual distortion before I even register them in my visual field. Their faces and demeanours change according to the mood of my music. I cross a few small bridges over rocks and finally end up at Little Oberon bay.

Here the sand is steep and I keep sliding towards the ocean where the tide is furious, crashing waves and a visible strong undertow. I was a fair distance from actually falling in the sea and probably at next to no risk of doing so but I was still a bit unnerved. I climbed up the sand to sit on what looked like a rock but was actually just a pile of sand with moss or something and I fell straight through it. Then I realised it was incredibly windy and I finally sat down next to a huge rock for shelter and stared at the landmass ahead while blasting music.

Visuals were indescribable by this point. The entire island I was watching had bizarre patterns forming on it, some I could make sense of (like a ship's steering wheel) and some I couldn't. Obscure letters and cartoon girls and all sorts of other strange visuals danced over crashing waves and rose in unison as the music built in intensity and were replaced with more. The waves crashing had smoke coming out of them and made the bay look like a cauldron. At one point I find myself completely unable to move, barely able to see two feet in front of my face, completely bombarded by visuals, when the synths hit in See the Light by Dumonde.

I start walking up the beach thinking that the track to Oberon bay will start up there, look back and realise I can't even find the track back to Norman beach, and as I said before walking along the sloped sand in that wind with the sea raging meters away was a bit daunting a prospect for me at the time. So when I find the track back to Norman beach I get on it and cancel my intended second hike to Oberon bay.

Barely a minute off the beach and I see an offshoot on the trail and a huge rock to go sit on, so I do. The view here is incredible (pictured) so I stop to soak it in. I decide to walk back to the beach (in fact I walked about 10 minutes back up the track and then back to the beach quite a few times in a row, I'm not sure why, I think it's because one song would make me want to go back and the next would make me want to stay). Now I notice that the track to Oberon bay starts from where the track to Little Oberon bay ends, so I don't need to walk the beach to get to it, but by this time it is about an hour before sundown and I didn't want to hike in the dark (at least not while tripping that hard). So I head back to Norman beach, stopping again to soak in more views on the way.

I get back to Norman beach and I'm still tripping way too hard to be around my family so I sit/lie down and listen to music for an hour and a half or so. My visuals are still insane but by this time it is dark. The waves again give the effect of a cauldron and the islands I can see off the beach are melting in and out of the ocean and there are flashing lights all over them. Eventually I revisit the beach when I'm a bit more sober and figure out that two of the flashing lights are lighthouses.

When I get back to the cabin I realise I am still tripping too hard to be around my family so I quickly finish dinner, grab a few beers and head back to the beach where I walk around listening to music until I'm okay to go back to the cabin (about 2 hours).

I feel like I haven't really done the trip justice. I've always preferred solo tripping, at least on larger doses, where I can get completely absorbed into the trip, have full control over music and direction of the trip, etc. The LSD gives the most epic energy. I'm not particularly fit but charging up the mountain was completely effortless and I felt like I could have power walked up it for 8 hours straight. My very first trips I had at a friends 300 acre property in the country where I would spend the entire time wandering around. I think that walking takes care of a lot of the restless energy and need to do something that acid causes. I definitely recommend hiking with acid (cycling too is awesome).

Here is a picture of Little Oberon bay itself, which I took from google images. I didn't take anywhere near as many pictures as I should have lol

Nice, sounds like a lovely trip. :) I also LOVE taking psychedelics and hiking/being in nature. Lately I've been taking DOC and exploring mountain rivers with waterfalls, spending most of my time hiking up or down the river, rock to rock, in the water, swimming, whatever it takes. Wonderful full-body exercise and the most thing I can think of to do with my time (sober or tripping). In fact I've been doing that almost every weekend this summer (occasionally sober but usually on DOC, which is a perfect psychedelic to me, like an offspring or cousin of a combination of LSD and mescaline). I'm sure I'll do it again this Saturday.

WOW, this sounds like a mind-blowing and life changing experience. The pictures are just incredibly beautiful.
I can't even imagine how emotional and euphoric it would be to stare down at this view during the peak.

How did you feel in the direct exposure to the sunlight during the trip?

Thanks for the responses guys

TheCuriousOne - the weather was actually perfect for this. It's winter down here at the moment, but the sun was out and it wasn't windy at all during my hike. Even though the sun was out, it was somewhere around 15 degrees (celcius) which was the perfect temperature. I caught a little minor sunburn on my face but otherwise fine. The sun was very bearable so being in it wasn't really noticeable.