• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

First time taking a high dose of LSD gone completely right!

Moma

Greenlighter
Too many details (to describe)

A while now I've been taking LSD and other psychedelics basically to have fun and enjoy myself, so you could say it's recreational. Of course I knew and felt that LSD could go very deep and after tripping a few times at considerably regular doses, varying from 150 micrograms to 400 ish I figured it was time to finally take a plunge in the deeper end of LSD and see what it's all about!

Some time ago I managed to acquire a vial full of liquid LSD which consists of 100 drops which were measured at 230 micrograms each. I know these kind of claims are not always trustworthy and I have my doubts but I'm pretty sure they were at least 150 micrograms each considering my previous experiences with LSD. After tripping a few times with friends during my summer vacation I figured it was time to trip alone at a higher dose and let myself go.

After preparing myself mentally and making sure I got enough water, snacks, weed and other things I thought I might want I dropped 3 hits onto a sugar cube and let it dissolve in my mouth.(Meaning I took anywhere between 450 to 690 micrograms) Ten minutes later I found myself full of anticipation and joy of what was about to happen to me. Patiently waiting for the LSD to take me over I was sitting at the PC trying to keep myself distracted with music, forums, facebook and whatever else you can think of. I felt the LSD kicking in faster and faster and it literally felt like I was in a rollercoaster going all the way up. Never have I experienced a come-up that was this quick, about 30 minutes after taking the sugar cube I felt a sudden urge to lay down in bed.

As soon as I stood up I noticed my body felt very light and I literally had to stumble to my bed. All sense of time was basically gone at this point. I remember thinking to myself everything is drugs. I got a sudden moment of clarity in which I thought, hey I should get my phone and headphones in case I want to listen to music. After twenty minutes, which in reality was probably only 20 seconds I reached my destination: bed! I was wearing shorts and a random t-shirt at a time but as soon as I laid in bed something felt off. Trying to figure out what it was, wasn't really getting me anywhere so at some point I just took all my clothes off and decided to lay down in bed completely naked and everything fell into place after that.

Usually when tripping music is my DOC, my go to thing to make me enjoy myself but this time the background noise my computer and other things in my room made literally started sounding like music and I figured, I don't even need music this time! So I put my phone away, laid down and closed my eyes because that felt like the right thing to do. As soon as my eyes closed I felt like I entered another world. I felt the presence of beings that communicated through emotions, my interpretation was that of angels, it felt like I was greeted by angels. I don't really know how to explain this but it sounds extremely visual what happened but I don't really remember just seeing it, I felt like I was literally THERE I felt like these angels had something in store for me so I figured I'd go with it. Worth nothing all sense of time was completely gone now and I have no idea when the next events I'm gonna tell you about occurred.

The angels guided me through a landscape I could never even begin to imagine. Describing what I saw is impossible, let me just try to keep it simple: it felt like everything had shapes and colours I had never ever encountered before in my life. I was in complete awe at this point. The weird part of it was that these hallucinations felt completely real and natural, usually when I look at my CEVS I have a clear understanding it's created in my mind. But this, this felt like I was really there. Noticing my mind slowly started to get really far out I noticed I was starting to forget a lot of things about myself, or well I remembered my name and everything else at this point but it didn't really have any meaning to it. This didn't scare me I was happily taking this journey and I was prepared for things like this to happen. More and more concepts that I knew in daily reality got demolished by the LSD and I loved it. It felt like my body was having an orgasm at this point. The shivers and just the general feel of laying in bed was enough to feel orgasmic.

The next 3-4 hours are just a recollection of things that happened, I have no idea in what order they happened. I started to focus more and more on the world inside my head and before I knew it I was part of this newly created world. Communicating with these angels without words but I felt it, I felt myself communicating with them. Describing the actual look of things I saw there is impossible and I'm not even gonna try to put it into words. For a while now I've been struggling in my head with quitting weed because it was really getting out of hand at some points, especially during this vacation in which I've basically blasted through 25 ish grams of haze within 2 weeks time and I wasn't particularly happy with myself about this. Without having to 'say' anything I felt like these angels understood me and they started showing me things which I felt like were related to my weed problems. At some point I remember thinking, moderation, I need moderation! But this wasn't all these angels had to show me, there was more! The next word that came to mind was honesty, these angels told me to be honest to myself, which led me to realise a lot of little things I've been doing in my life (not necessarily regarding weed, it's a part of it but there's a lot more) are somewhat wrong and dishonest towards myself and at this point I felt like 2 angels came flying over my shoulders and took away the burden that that comes with it. Suddenly I felt light as a feather, it felt like I was floating!

Now let me tell you, other people, basically everyone in my life sees me as a good person. Not to sound full of myself or anything but I feel like I am. I go out of my way to help people wherever I can and I generally get a good feeling from helping others and making/keeping them happy. Which sometimes leads to me feeling alone and empty at the end of the day because I basically neglect my own needs at times.

What these angels also made me realise is that I need moderation there too. Helping people is something I will never stop doing but I learned that I have to find a healthy balance between things and that it's OK to think about myself every once in a while and chose something that I want for a change. Ironically enough I figured this during the most ego-less state I have ever been in. I literally didn't remember any concepts of what our reality was build upon. I was in a state of being, I felt like I was everything and nothing all at once. My thought process wasn't even in words anymore, it was purely emotional based.

At some point after all this angel madness occurred I opened my eyes and I my entire field of vision was covered in visuals, still though, they didn't feel like simple visuals. It felt like there was more behind it, my room basically got a completely new LSD look and I felt like the visuals were a PART of my reality, like they were SUPPOSED to be there. Not like when you're tripping and you see some patterns on the wall and you think hah! cool. No! I felt like the visuals were a part of me and I was a part of the visuals. That's the best I can do to describe the feeling I got from them.

Water! That was my first thought as soon as I opened my eyes. Vaguely remembering there was water somewhere close to me I looked next to my bed on the ground and behold! Water! Drinking this water felt like the most refreshing thing I've ever done. I looked up to my alarm clock and saw 03:40 (dropped at 23:30) and thought woah 4 hours since dropping? I literally felt like it could've been 20 years or 10 seconds, I had no concept of time what so ever. After this the thought of smoking a cigarette appeared. I stumbled to my desk and found my cigarettes and my lighter, I opened the window and lit my cigarette. What I saw next was by far the most wonderful thing I've ever seen on any psychedelic. The sky looked like the world these angels showed me earlier and I was literally struck with awe and even got emotional to the point of having to wipe a tear out of my eye.

After I finished my cigarette I felt ready to do things but I didn't know what it was I really wanted. I felt like music is what I wanted so I laid down in bed with my headphones on and decided to listen to Moma by Four Tet. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzANXPBsZOw) But as soon as the song started I realised this isn't how it usually sounds, this song sounded so strange and new. At some point it even sounded like some parts of the song were being played in reverse, or more like the sound was being bent if that makes sense? After listening to this song on repeat for 3 or 4 times I decided it was time to listen to The Dark Side of the Moon. Knowing this is one of my favourite albums to listen to in basically any state of mind I knew I was in for a treat. Nothing really noteworthy happened apart from the visuals that I had gotten used to over time. There was one thing I realised at this point tho, it felt like those angels had taken a burden from my shoulders and I literally felt like a lot of pressure was being lifted and this lasted throughout the whole trip and even now (21 hours after dropping) I still feel like this. Well I still feel the LSD doing something actually but the point being that I really feel like this changed me in some way.

My body told me I had to pee and I decided to pause the music and stumble to the bathroom. As soon as I entered the bathroom I saw patterns, patterns everywhere. The world was so colourful, it looked cartoony. Nothing really noteworthy happened in the bathroom apart from looking in the mirror and seeing myself as a different person.

As soon as I came back to my room I decided to just go with the flow and see where my mind would take me. Music didn't really feel right anymore. I started going through my stuff and found a poem my grandparents wrote me for Sinterklaas. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas) We as a family always write our names on a little piece of paper and grab one out of the jar randomly and we're supposed to write a little poem and buy each other a little personal gift. Reading this poem I felt so loved and appreciated, the kind of love you felt as a child coming from your grandparents when they wanted to stuff you full of food because they care so damn much. Something that I personally always took for granted and only now realised how important these people are to me and how important I am to them. I mean I knew it but this felt like something more, emotions so deep that I can hardly describe them. Soon after I finished reading I thought about my family, my friends and other people I have cared for and still care for in my life.

Continuing my journey through my room I stumbled upon some old school stuff from high school. I found my case in which I kept pencils, pens and all that sort of stuff along with some old notebooks I used for school. As soon as I opened them I remembered all the good things that happened to me at school, the friends I had, the connections I made, the things I learned. Literally everything came back to me, both the positives and the negatives. My mind was open for every emotion humanly possible.

With my newly found old stuff I felt like it was time to draw something, I realised this is quite odd for me since I didn't quite sit down to draw since I was like 9-10 years old. (I'm 23 now) But as soon as I started drawing I felt like I could see the whole drawing unfolding in front of me on the paper and I just went with it, I didn't really think I just did. It felt so awesome to be so free and to just do whatever you feel like. Thinking about how these pencils have been in the same 'state' so to speak since I left them there made me think about infinity and for the first time in my entire life I could accept it. Before I usually had trouble finding peace with infinity because my mind didn't seem to be able to comprehend it but finally I accepted it. Drawing felt like I was creating something, something important. Which made me realise importance doesn't have to be something that everyone likes and or appreciates, it's about what YOU thinks of it and how much value you give something. It doesn't have to be recognised by a greater crowd per-se. As soon as I finished the drawing (http://i.imgur.com/ocrCWET.jpg) I figured this drawing is about my feelings, my feelings about not being able to express myself fully and for the first time in my life I literally felt like all my emotions were there, in front of me on that piece of paper! It was such a liberating feeling.

After the whole drawing thing I decided to just chill in bed and listen to some music while slowly coming down and getting back to reality as we usually know it. It was quite uneventful compared to the rest. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed myself during the come-down but it paled in comparison to what happened earlier during this trip. I hardly slept but after laying in bed for an hour or two I decided to get out of bed at 12:00 feeling completely refreshed and burden free!

Excuse me for making this so long but I feel like I could still go on and on about it but at some point you have to draw the line because words can only take you so far.

TLDR: Took quite a large dose of LSD, tripped balls and feel refreshed and free after.

This is my first ever trip report because before, I simply never thought my trips were worth sharing or anything that out of the ordinary but this trip felt so different than any other trip I've done. I hope you guys enjoyed it, if you manage to get this far that is!

Peace

Last edited:
Great report :) glad to see you obviously enjoyed yourself and gained a lot from the trip :)