• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Snorting MDMA to Mimic the effects of IVing....not as much fun as you're thinking

jess046

Bluelighter
I am an experienced MDMA user and was not expecting this incredible high. I was at a friend's gig and wanted to make it extra special so I dosed 1 point of MDMA at the beginning of the night. After feeling little effects about an hour in I decided my darn tolerance is playing up again and dose another point. I also decided to snort half a line to keep me going (I was pretty tried and not drinking), and accidentally snorted the whole point. What a burn.

Anyway, so about 10 minutes later it suddenly hits me lick a ton of bricks. I'm high. Really fucking high. Can't stand near other people nor look at bright lights kind of high. I retreat to the toilet to wait out this surprise rush, which mirrors the intense feelings one experiences when injecting MDMA, but it doesn't diminish. After 15 minutes of waiting, I make my escape, hoping nobody sees me dashing out of the club like I've committed some crime (which, technically, I did) and obviously high as hell. The crowded atmosphere, loud noise and blinding lights really bothers me. I can't be fucked to hail a taxi and manage to stumble my way home. My eyes are wobbling and my body is walking all over the place. I feel intense euphoria and get the urge to close my eyes and just bask in it. Despite these effects it does feel like something is missing, the experience is not as emphathetic as it was in the past, although I find myself incredibly interested in other people all of a sudden whenever I come into contact with them (more on that later).

I finally get home and collapse on the bed. A friend of mine comes over to keep me company and we talk shit for another hour, but still nothing. I know the third dose is kicking in when the effects become enhanced once again. I have a little bit of anxiety because my heart is fucking pounding like there's no tomorrow, so I take some Ativan for its quick effects. Doesn't really do anything.

Another hour later and I decide it's time to return and find my boyfriend, who I left stranded at the club. By this point I'm feeling good, if not a little tired, so I do small line of speed (reckless, I know, I don't deny this). I spend the next few hours feeling divine. I have great conversations with some friends on the bar scene, make new friends and go home around 5am. My partner and I stay up until 8 o'clock having one of the deepest and most touching conversations we've ever had. I slip into bed at 9 with a small dose of barbs to help diminish the residual speed (100mg of Pento).

Today I wake up and I feel amazing. No comedown, apart from a few regrets at fucking the night up and missing my friend's show. No hangover because I didn't drink a drop of alcohol.

So what the hell caused these profound effects? I haven't had eye wobbling and bruxism like this for ages. I've taken large doses before, probably more than this, but never at the same time I guess....well, apart from the time I snorted a monster dose offered by a friend (which he identified as a normal dose) and ended up having the same thing happen to me as tonight, but not as intense and long-lasting (I guess it was that second point I dropped that kept the experience going).

What would be a smarter dosing schedule for someone with a tolerance like me who obviously isn't quite as bad as she thought? Bomb 1.5 points and then redoes with 1 point when you're peaking? The first one really seemed to do nothing.

One last thing I should mention. I dosed 100mg Barbs in the arvo, which didn't seem to do much once I was on the speed. I reduced 50mg before taking the MDMA and going out, determined to experience a speedball effect. Alas, no such effect was evident. Also, none of my other mates who had dosed MDMA seemed too far gone, apart from a group of newbies having the time of their life. I guess I missed a lot of the action anyway, but my partner who has a similar tolerance to me said he didn't feel much from two points doses orally.

Btw I know I am due for a break from MDMA so don't warn me about the dangers of dosing too often. I have a break scheduled in for the next few weeks, following this little escapade...and some non-sertoningetic drugs to fill in the void of course.

So what do you think, my ideas were
a) the first dose hadn't kicked in yet
b) this MDMA was significantly more pure (confirmed by my dealer)
c) dosing everything round the same time created an accumulative effect (although the doses were in actuality spaced out by an hour, in terms of when they should have hit me)
d) I wasn't drinking, which is unusual for me but a habit I would like to continue practising, and thus I was more aware of the intense high, but this is unlikely as I'm sure I would notice an intense high like this no matter how drunk I was (and I'm not an alcoholic or anything, mostly I just drink few beers before the MD to get me in the mood)
d) My 5HTP and antioxidant doses are actually helping! I didn't take anything to potentiate the MDMA though as far as I know. Apart from piracetam dosed around lunch time, so well and truly metabolised.
e) The barbs did something weird. Only variable introduced into this otherwise normal situation for me.

I thought MDMA was practically inactive when IV'ed... i could be very wrong... anyone?

**THIS ALL HAPPENED IN A DREAM TO SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW, I JUST REFER TO OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FIRST PERSON**

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in - IV mdma is NOTHING like eating/snorting it. Its a whole 'nother level. I've gone thru phases of IV'ing other drugs, like heroin, which of course comes with a big rush, and i stupidly did a small amount of cocaine IV which had a nice rush (of course, nothing AFTER the rush, about a 3 minute experience in all) which I never did again, but IV MDMA has the most intense, mind blowing rush I've ever felt. In an archived thread from a few years ago, people were saying that 100mg was a huge dose, which is exactly how much I did my very first time. Its not too much for a 180 lb male, actually, any less and you won't get the complete and utter bliss that users talk about.
Right after injecting, I got overwhelmed and had to throw up. While puking, my vision turned everything into a mosaic, stained glass type visual - almost like a cubism painting. I was reeling from this new feeling, and throwing up didn't really detract from the experience. For about 60 seconds after injection, I was lying on the floor, one hand running through my hair, too overwhelmed to really do anything - but it was great. Less scary than a rollercoaster, at least for me, but infinitely more fun. After the SUPER intense rush, the next hour is all good feelings - physically, mentally, everything. I remember going outside, thinking the sun and trees were fucking magnificent, thinking that the feeling of the shirt on my skin was better than sex (it really was), and feeling completely calm and clear-headed. There's no embarrasing gushing of feelings or a forced, amphetamine-type of mental focus, just you, at your happiest, enjoying the world. I wasn't thinking "holy shit MDMA feels great", i was thinking "holy shit, the WORLD feels great and nature is one beautiful lady".
I laid down on the dock by our lake, enjoying the sky and the feel of the water on my feet, and the very slight visuals (after the rush you could act normal if you had to), and felt completely at peace.

Its a short experience, maybe 30-60 minutes max, and I was always told that it cannot be succesfully repeated for quite some time, so I wasn't trying to do more. It wore off, I still felt at peace, and I enjoyed my day that much more.

Now I've been off opiates and other drugs for a while, knowing that I just can't control myself to not do most things every day, but I would still gladly - and unabashedly - do another IV mdma hit. If you still enjoy eating MDMA, do that, but if you're like me and get nasty speedy side effects, this is the way to get the absolute best experience, without going all crack-head about it right afterwards.

PS. needles are bad, only do this if you've already done that sort of thing before and aren't terrified of them. I can't imagine a casual user wanting to shoot up mdma, but you never know, crazy kids and all.

Last edited:
by the way, I want to mention that I did this earlier in the day - about 1pm. I had no trouble sleeping and only felt slightly stimulated for a few hours afterward. No horrible comedown, no depression. The other time I did that amount was at night (around midnight, perhaps?) and had good buddies around, so we had a great time hanging out and didn't sleep. I think I went home at about 8am, slept just fine then. Again, no adverse aftereffects.

*and when i say I, I am referring to this guy I know who's name is literally "I". Confusing, yes, but it was he who did all these things.*

Last edited:
**THIS ALL HAPPENED IN A DREAM TO SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW, I JUST REFER TO OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FIRST PERSON**

No one believes this, particularly any court of law. Also, for future reference, you lack direct access to others' dreams (nor can you access the thoughts of characters in your dreams directly).

ebola

Lol, it's precisely the inverse.

ebola

indeed i was very wrong (i really should google before posting lol) :\

doesn't sound great though, the rush does, but then you go gradually down....