View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Electric Zoo Attendees Will Be Forced To Watch Anti-Drug PSA Before Entry

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Gothamist

With reader comments

Embattled EDM festival Electric Zoo's been trying to combat concert drug use after two attendees died after taking MDMA and methylone last year. And as promised, they've launched an anti-drug PSA campaign that attendees will be subject to before entering concert grounds. It'll work about as well as that anti-pot episode of Saved By The Bell you watched once, but at least this one's in HD!

The so-called "Come To Life" campaign, created specially for the three-day Labor Day weekend festival, features a two-minute PSA called "The Molly," directed by Dexter creator James Manos, Jr. According to founders Laura De Palma and Mike Bindra: "Our message to concertgoers is simple: The Electric Zoo experience is exceptional and worth being present for. Molly can cause you to not only miss the moment, alienate your friends and have an overall adverse and unpleasant experience…but can also make you sick and can even be fatal."

And if you avoid Electric Zoo like the plague, but are still itching to see this anti-EDM anti-drug PSA, never fear—it leaked online last month. Behold:

[video=youtube_share;gqgwU5Ulnfg]http://youtu.be/gqgwU5Ulnfg[/video]

The only way this could make you want to attend this festival less is if upon ticket purchase, you were forced to watch that horrendous Dexter series finale over and over and over again, but this time the whole debacle is soundtracked by Skrillex.

http://gothamist.com/2014/08/05/electric_zoo_drug_psa.php

cringe but slightly true lol. to be fair he didn't go mongy or gurn enough

2 minutes of my life I will never get back, what a shitty, pointless and (I am guessing) completely ineffective video.

somebody got paid to make that

let that sink in for a minute

Well I'm convinced I'm never taking drugs again. Thanks electric zoo! 8(

Lol and that's why I will never go to ezoo.… sorry, the lineup isn't that great for the amount of $$$$ they charge for tickets, and now this? The afterparties in the city for ezoo have always been better than the actual ezoo.

"Don't miss the moment - be present."

I'll pass but thanks.

"Avoid the risks."

So, be sure to test my stuff.

Don't overdo it with the dosage.

Stay hydrated - preferably with a sports drink such as Gatorade.

Take breaks between dances.

Go with friends I can depend on if there's a problem.

Don't consume alcoholic beverages.

Try not to smoke.

Take some low dose Aspirin + Xanax with me just in case.

Don't roll and drive.

Did I miss anything?

------------------------------------------------------

That was somewhat unsettling to watch - awkward laugh.

However, I was expecting much worse to be honest. Was convinced he was going to collapse, and so forth...

Last edited:
I went to E-Zoo for 2009 (first year) 2012, and 2013. All three were a blast, but the music and the crowd was the worst this past year. I am tempted to go this year cuz Armin is coming, but all the security and propoganda is turning me off, not to mention the price!

I think I will have a much better time at this http://www.theglasslands.com/event/627091-liquified-rave-20-brooklyn/. The music choice sounds like it should be killer, not to mention how much I will save on the ticket compared to E-Zoo.

E-Zoo has become like.. cookie-cutter rave