Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD - 5 hits) Bad Trip! Too much, too fast

L0wlyfe

Greenlighter
(LSD / 5 hits) Moderate Exp. - Bad Trip! Too much, too fast

Last year, On a very hot day in late August, I took 5 hits of acid. The experience felt as if I had taken at least 10. This was some VERY potent LSD. This is my story.

Prior to this trip, I had taken acid unofficially around 2-3 times. When I say unofficially, I mean that I did not have the experience I desired(meaning the dosage was too weak) or simply, nothing happened at all.
I wanted to go on the trip of a lifetime. I wanted to see reality melt before my very eyes. I wanted to feel the universe, and potentially achieve a state of heightened conscienceness. Boy, that sure is what happened.

Background info:
My friend had recently gotten a new hookup for cid, so over the span of a couple weeks, acid was plentiful. About 2 weeks before this trip, I purchased 3 hits from my friend(who re-sells from the original hookup) and went to the mall. Very mild visuals. Though, my beliefs were confirmed, this was real LSD. I have tried nbomes such as 25i(Warning: this drug is EXTREMELY potent and should not be used as a substitute for acid) and 25c(which, in my experience, is a less potent version of 25i). These (acid) tabs had no taste, and the experience was indeed similar, but at the same time drastically different from nbomes and analogues of the sort. It was more real, and had a more organic feel to it. The visuals, though subtle at the time, were just beautiful. I wanted to experience more. If 3 hits had this effect on me, 5 should be substantial. Though, I believe that the batch I took the 3 hits from, was significantly weaker than the batch I took 5 hits from. I have concluded this because of the powerful, mind blowing trip I experienced.

The trip:
Late day in August, very very hot out. I prepare at my house to embark upon a forest expedition at a nearby forest preserve (literally 4 mins from my house by bike) whilst tripping. I was all ready. I had my water bottle, gum(for the yucky aftertaste) my iPod for tunage, and cellphone. I put all five tabs in my mouth and took off on my bike, letting them dissolve on my way there. When I arrived(5 mins later) I was already starting to feel it. Everything looked shiny, and had some sort of gleam to it. I parked my bike and started hiking down the trail. There is only one trail and the preserve is relatively small, so I was not concerned about getting lost, but I will soon learn that is not true.

By this time, the nausea set in. The only thing I hate about acid is the nausea. Previously, when I had taken 3 hits, I almost puked. I took precaution and didn't really eat anything that whole day except for a piece of chicken right before leaving( bad idea). I was walking across the boardwalk in the marsh, and started to gag. Nothing came up except spit, but I felt a little better after gagging. After that very moment, I realized I was really fucked up. It was hitting me hard. Everything seemed as it was moving, though there was no wind. I cannot describe exactly HOW everything looked like it was moving, but It was kind of similar to how light reflects on water and wavers and sparkles. I was coming up faster and faster at a alarming rate. I noted the signs and landmarks I passed, just in case. By now I was leaving the marsh, and the trail led me into a huge prairie. The way everything looked was absolutely beautiful. I could see every single detail of everything I looked at. I could see every single blade of grass, every single stem of foliage, and every single leaf on the trees. Now, I have shitty nearsighted vision, and need to wear glasses to see far away. With the acid, I didn't need glasses. As I was waking through the prairie, I felt this feeling of unity. I was like everything I was looking at, hearing, smelling, feeling, was all part of me. I guess I became one with nature. I could hear all of the cicadas and katydids singing, it was so loud. I felt as if I were hearing each and every one of them individually at the same time, instead if perceiving them a just one sound all together. I was awestruck by how much my perception of detail was heightened.

Meanwhile, things started to get out of control. The distortion became too much. Everything was moving out of its bounds. The trees and the leaves were spiraling and cascading into patterns. Similar, but again, extremely different from nbomes.
Everything was spiraling out of control, I couldn't keep up with all of the information and detail I was experiencing. It was too much. In fact, those were the exact words I was constantly repeating throughout my trip. Too much. At this point, I couldn't distinguish what was real. I couldn't recognize where I was, everything looked different. I panicked, thinking I had gone off some stray path and couldn't tell how to get back. I frantically ran back the way I originally came, thinking it was a totally different way,even though it wasn't. It was getting dark, and it was rush hour. I was so terrified that I wouldn't be able to make it home. I wanted everything to stop. Everything was moving, spiraling, twisting out of control. Everything was going a mile a minute, and I couldn't handle this processing speed. I realized I was close when the sound of cars became louder, meaning i had approached the main road. I got on my bike and headed off. Everything was sooooo loud. Now that I knew where I was and how to get home, another problem arises: crossing the street. Highland ave is a main road, being an exit for multiple expressways, so there were a shitton of people on the road home from work. Barely able to make out recognizable objects, and no depth perception at all, I COULD NOT tell how far the cars were from me on the road. Luckily, there was a break in the traffic and I took a chance and crossed the street.

I barely got home and everything was getting worse, really fast. I felt like I was going to die. I tried laying down on my bed but I could not, for the life of me, sit still. Everything was going 1000 mph and I couldn't keep up. It was all too much. My heart was going insanely fast, so fast that I couldn't make out the individual beats. This scared me even more and I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest or some shit. I needed to tell someone. I could not tell my mom. She would hate me forever. It was so hard to not tell her. I needed someone to reassure me I wasn't going to die. So, I called my dad to come pick me up. He was not happy, but reluctantly agreed with me about not wanting to be around my mother. I just wanted it to end. Waiting for my dad seemed to take forever. The cicadas and katydids were buzzing in my ears and into my soul. My dad picked me up and took me to 711 to get some water. while he was inside, i puked up my chicken, very nasty tasting. My dad had to pick up my brother from north coast music festival, so looks like I was gonna take a 30 min ride to Chicago. During the ride, I asked my dad numerous questions about why I took acid, is it wrong that I seek altered states? Why do people do the things they do? It was like a shroom trip x10. I began to question things I had never questioned before. In the car, I tackled a lot of philosophical conjectures, and suffered very severe ego death. I lost my sense of individuality, I was no longer a person. I though about how the human race is so complex, yet so simple. I thought about life, earth, and the universe. The more I thought about it, the more my mind dissected each and every aspect of the entire "existence". The more I dissected all of the reasonings and motives of life and existence, everything started to resemble being 'one'. It felt like everything that existed, is all one structure. Everything we do and everything that exists is part of 'one'. It seems that by pondering every intricate and complex details of almost every aspect of life and existence, I kept coming to the conclusion of one very simple explanation, that is, 'one'. Everything is one. This is the exact term that repeated over and over in my mind. one.

The highway looked as if I were traveling through space. There were incredible tracers. The break lights on cars looked like red ribbons flowing in the wind. The expressway was very busy, and witnessing all of these people operating constantly moving vehicles and changing lanes and such freaked me out. The mere fact that so many people were making fast paced, conscience decisions, all simotanusly, was mind blowing. We got to Chicago right as the festival was ending and I was starting to come down. While we were parked, I was watching all of the rave kids and people coming out of the festival. I watched them I thought about love, friendship, and loyalty among humans. It was just so nice and beautiful how people can be so caring. This idea was so nice, I started to cry. Not sobbing, just tears. Literally, I was just sitting, looking out the window, thinking about it, and tears just started poring down my face. My dad started laughing at me. This is when I realized everything was okay, and that my trip was mostly over. We picked up my brother, who happens to be all geeked up on Molly, and drove home. By the time I got home, my trip was pretty much done. I talked with my dad a little bit and then he went to bed. I sat downstairs and thought about my whole trip over a nice bowl of marijuanas. I couldn't sleep so I kept smoking throughout the night.

Moral of the story: Know your dosage. Everybody is different, and all acid is different. I suggest you have multiple prior experiences before you decide to take a mindfuck dose. I am aware, 5 hits is probably not a lot for some people, but for me it was.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for sharing. :) And welcome to Bluelight!

Sounds like a difficult trip to be sure, but the way you wrote it I was left with more of a positive feeling than a negative one. Do you still view it as a "bad trip" or did you gain something from it in the end?

Yes. In the end it definitely opened up my concience to a whole new perception if thinking and living, as I had never conceived my everyday life in such a complex way. I for sure got the experience I was looking for lol. But the trip was so beautiful and eye opening as it was terrifying. So I may consider it half and half.

Honestly sounds like a good trip to me. Difficult, sure. But I don't think it was negative overall.

5 hits of LSD is no joke! i've taken acid almost 50 times, but i've actually never eaten more than 4 hits.

maybe if you were to take LSD again at a similar dosage, you would handle it better since you'd have a better idea of what to expect.
at least you didn't go to the hospital for no reason! :)

I had a very similar trip on 4 hits of LSD, i cried like a baby. I found it to be incredibly beautiful and life changing. You took the tabs searching for meaning and purpose in this strange, harsh and often times seemingly meaningless life, much like me when i decided to say "fuck it" and took 4 tabs to achieve a state of higher conciousness and you got the best view of the universe that you could ever want, i feel like you def had a successful trip, just stay positive and know that the universe loves you! BTW were they on thick white blotter paper? if they were you probably took the same tabs as me lol

5 hits of good acid is a lot for all people
It sounds like you learned your lesson
I had more trips under my belt than I could count before I ventured into that sort of dose
And even with a huge amount of experience tripping and tripping very hard (4-5 tabs, large doses of liquid, etc), a few weeks back I had 5 of the strongest tabs I've had, at a friend's house by myself, and was too scared to move for the first hour or so. I eased into the trip after that but I think I kept my head only because of my experience, if I had lost my head, it would have taken a lot longer than an hour to come back to a manageable state.
The other thing is if trips go south (fixating on negative things, anxiety etc) you want to be able to know how to handle and correct that on lower doses, before you have to worry about the same things happening on hero doses.