• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs N-Methyl-4,4-difluoro-Modafinil

boselect

Greenlighter
Today hit the market under a quite ridiculous branded name although it has been circulating in small amounts recently

RTnH5tH.png

IUPAC: 2-((bis(fluorophenyl)methyl)sulfinyl)-n-methylacetamide
N-Methyl-4,4-difluoro-Modafinil?

tested ~25mg (1/4 100mg pellet) yesterday to no noticed effects.

effects likely to be adrafinil/modafinil/CRL-40,941-like (being their dirty, dirty, lovechild), unlikely to have recreational value

modafiendz

or N-Methyl-4,4-difluoro-Modafinil just appeared on the market. Anyone tried it yet? How is it? I have some but haven't tried it yet.

I will stick to oral low dose Ethylphenidate becouse of the low side effects and known pharmakologic effects. I take to many other things which may interact with it. If it turns out to be a selective (!) DRI with longer halflife it would be great. But reading about potential action on Histamine, GABA and cholinergic systems of Modafinil turned me off. I already take Benzos, Antihistamines and Anticholinergics so I will wait untill more is known about it. Scared of cardiovascular side effects. With EP my BP and heartrate is ok even under stress but hate the short duration and comedown. This may be much better with low dose Modafienz long term use but we will see. Sry for my bad english.
Edit: Looks like they are running out of ideas. And the name sigh… The next big thing trifluro-dimethoxy-CAFFEINE. :)

Last edited:
Seems silly when the real stuff can be easyily obtained. That said, hilarious name.

Seems silly when the real stuff can be easyily obtained. That said, hilarious name.

Not everyone can easily obtain anything, I don't want to say something that I will regret but suffice to say pharmacies are crap and some people (me) have to result to other means of acquiring. I would try this if I could get it/will try it soonish (should be able to swing this), but have never tried modafinil and don't know how to.

It's not difluoro, that implies two fluoros on the same carbon, I suppose bis-para-flurophenyl would be okay

pretty easy to get a script of modafinil imo, but funny ass name LOL.... Moda fieeendzzzz

4,4-difluoro does imply that they are on the same carbon. Since they are though para on both phenyl groups, 4 is the only number to give them. Hence the bis-(para-flurophenyl)

After a few tries on this from 25mg to 100mg, effects are near identical to Modafinil but almost double the potency (100mg producing similar effects to 200mg Modafinil, maybe a little bit less in awake-ness but near identical for helping focus).
With Armodafinil at 100-150mg I get a little big agitated and can get moody, I didn't feel that with this.

At the moment I don't really get the point with the ease and cost of getting Modafinil or Armodafinil.
IMO It's only really going to be of interest to people who want to try new nootropics to satisfy their own intrigue and to people who (for any reason) can't get Modafinil or Armodafinil... although this stuff is bloody expensive at the moment.

Got a free sample of these (5tabs for £10)... and it's awful - thank God it was a free sample.

Started off with 1/2 tab just to test the water and it was fine so I took another tab... nothing.

Took 2 more tabs... still nothing

Only left with 1.5 tab so took them with some Ephylphenidate and it was an enjoyable high, only attributable to the EPH though.

At £2 a pill, I'd be devastated to have actually paid for them. Even if they drop the silly brand name and come out as generic pellets, there's just no rec value in them at all.

Modafinil and it's analogues aren't supposed to produce a high, though. They're just meant to keep you awake, without making you all whacked out on stims.

^Exactly.
I've just tried it and I have to say I'm quite impressed, does what I expected. I've never tried Modafinil so I can't compare the two, but there is a fairly clear increase in alertness and focus, without the sketchy side effects of typical stims.
I'm just about to bosh some ethylphen though so the whole experience is now likely to go tits up for me.
Got some tizzies and enough cider, so I should just about survive.

Got a free sample of 5x100mg (though six in my packet!) so could over look the cringe-worthy name and give it a go.

No buzz.
No high.
No rush.
No stimulation.
No alertness.
Just nothing.
Kinda annoyed that I got the sixth free... Teasing.

However, after three times using RC I will throw out the following warning:

** To Those With Heart Defects/Palpitations **

To anybody reading this that has a history of heart defects or/including palpitations, please be wary when taking this RC!

I have taken 100mg of 'Modafiendz' on 3 separate occasions and every time I took it, I succumbed to quite nasty and prolonged heart palpitations. I've had them in the past and the first time I shrugged it off as too much caffeine, the second time I shrugged it off as a consequence of working out too hard, the third time I was just sat at home and it became too much of a correlation to ignore. About half hour after I took it I'd get some nasty heart palpitations - usually they shit me up a little bit, despite having them for 10+ years, but I then get rationale, keep calm and wait them out. But these were very persistent and very troubling to endure.

What's more is there's no pay off for it. No buzz, no high, no rush, no stimulation, no alertness. I'd go for ethylphendiate over this junk any day. Even an espresso would do me better.

It's trash - don't waste your money.