• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine Phosphate - No effects, please help!

BoreedemUser

Greenlighter
Hey Guys,

Few question in regards my recent pain killer usage.

So over the past week I've been taking some Tramadol given to my by my cousin to help with the pain as i have hurt my neck, obviously this was unsubscribed.

Basically it started 2 days ago in the evening, I took 150mg of slow release Tramadol in the evening about 9pm. About 3 hours later I got the best feeling I've had from drugs in a while and was extremely content. Obviously i wanted to get the feeling back as it was completely unexpected.

The following morning around 11am i took 100mg of Tramadol fast release and 50mg codeine i got from my aunt, had the same effect was high as a kite and it dulled the pain a lot.

I then took another 150g of Tramadol slow release around 4pm and another 100mg at 9pm. NEITHER OF THE DOSES GOT ME HIGH LIKE BEFORE AND DIDN'T DO MUCH FOR THE PAIN EITHER.

Today I got to the Doctors and they gave me Codeine phosphate, I was looking on here and decided to dose 180mg of it but it has had no effect at all, only a very slight buzz.

Was wondering if i have just built up a tolerance and i should wait a certain amount of time before dosing again or is there a better delivery system i could use on my next dose.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hope you can help!

I would say yes, you need time between doses- more than a day. This happens to me sometimes with oxy, one day it feels great and the next I feel absolutely nothing euphoria-wise. Tolerance plays a big role as well and it doesn't take long for many people to have it build quickly. Not sure if I answered your question but hope this helped a little. Welcome to Bluelight!

The effects of Tramadol and Codeine are significantly different.

I wouldn't think tolerance advanced that rapidly, then again, everyone is different & you may have a fast growing tolerance.

Thanks for the replies guys, since I've tried another 90mg of codeine but still nothing I'm going to leave it until tomorrow and try a higher dose maybe around 240 mg or something.

most likely the dose you took was too low.
also, you can't expect codeine to have the same effect as tramadol as they are different drugs (tramadol affects serotonin too)