• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Need help regarding Heroin and Suboxone Withdrawls..... Please

Sethman11

Greenlighter
Swim was a heroin user for two years. It was hell. He got on Suboxone for two years and getting off of it was hell. Swim had been clean for two years.

About a month ago Swim used H. (IV) he took a couple days off. Then He thought that if he used for 3 days and then took suboxone for 3 days (1 8mg split into three pieces) then use h for 3 days, and so forth. He did this for a month. Swim just got done using for 4 days of h and then took sub for 3 days. and Plans to withdraw in roughly 20 hours as his last piece of sub was at 4 pm.

Was the switching between h and sub helping him not get withdrawls for either? And how bad will the withdrawls be? Will they be as bad as before?

Anyone whos been in this situation please let me know.

Thank you.

We dont "SWIM" here.

But I donno what you're asking, let me try my best..

Was the switching between h and sub helping him not get withdrawls for either?
Yes of course taking an opiate was stopping you from getting opiate wds

And how bad will the withdrawls be?
You should know how H wd's are since you were a user for 2 years.
But suboxone wd's vary from person to person.. took me almost 2 years to get outta PAWS (past acute withdrawal syndrome) when I stopped suboxone after being on it for 2.5 years.

Will they be as bad as before?
How bad were they before?
H wds are short and strong..
Suboxone wds are slightly less intense but last much longer.

Good luck..

-HOOD

You won't be avoiding withdrawals by switching back and forth. Your body was still getting a daily supply of a drug in that class so you're going to experience withdrawals from a month long binge. It's not like you can avoid withdrawals by taking a different opiate/opioid each day of the week.

Withdrawals are caused from going from having a steady stream of drugs at those receptor sites to having none there. Buprenorphine is still a very potent opioid and each mg is equal to about 30mg of oxy so 2mg would be almost like a bag of heroin.

Taking the suboxone at the end may help lessen the intensity of the withdrawals though since it's longer acting, but sometimes it's just as bad. You even said that kicking the suboxone was hell so idk why you would think that you could avoid withdrawals by switching back and forth. If that was the case then everyone would be doing it.

I'm currently on suboxone and did some heroin and xanax all together . Will my suboxone doctor find out about the accident I was In ...I got charged with DUI ...I know it was very stupid and a great wake up call I'll will never be doing that again or relapsing it was almost a good thing for me ...but the ? Is wi ll my suboxone doctor find out about the accident ?