• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin On subs but want to get high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush of Beck

Greenlighter
Hey everyone!

So I was just put on 2 mg of suboxone today around 3:15. I'm regretting it & really want to get high! I don't have any needles so I'd have to smoke it.
Would I feel the H at all or would I totally be wasting it? How long do I have to wait until I can get high again.. What can I do to make it wear off, if possible?

please share your wisdom & experiences, thank you!

Becca

Last edited:
I'm assuming that you meant 2mg and not 0.2mg, correct? If it was just a single dose then it shouldn't block for too long (you can get fully high in 24 hours after the suboxone was taken).

It really depends on how well the suboxone worked for you. I find that if the suboxone completely takes away my withdrawals and makes me feel good then I have to wait until I start feeling shitty again before I can get fully high again. But other times when I barely feel the suboxone dose I can usually get high a lot sooner after taking it.

A single dose won't block as much or as long as consecutive doses do. When using it for maintenance I have found that 2mg will block for 12-24hrs, 4mg will block for 24-48 and 8mg and up will block for up to 3 days although you will be able to get a partial high after a day or so but not enough for it to be worth it.

It's still going to vary from person to person and the best way to judge is by how much the suboxone is effecting you. If 2mg is barely keeping you from feeling withdrawals then it might not block much at all, but if it's working well and you even get a buzz from it then it's going to be blocking for a day or until you feel it wear off. After a while you will be able to tell when you can get high after taking it.

In your case you´ve mentioned Suboxone
while on W/A.
I was wondering why Suboxone and not Methadone, for instance?
I never had that option.
Did your doctor explained you why he/she was prescribing Subs instead of Methadone?

I bet you will be able to feel the dope after 12 hours but will take 24-36 for full effect from a normal dose.

I can get high on Fent after only dosing 2mg of Suboxone. A patch that is worn by the way. You'll just have to play around with your dose and see how long it takes. But usually people have to wait 24-36 hrs. after last dosing sub.

I can get high on Fent after only dosing 2mg of Suboxone. A patch that is worn by the way. You'll just have to play around with your dose and see how long it takes. But usually people have to wait 24-36 hrs. after last dosing sub.

But fentanyl is one of the few opioids that can break through suboxone more easily due to it's potency, so it's more of the exception than the rule.

Anyway, this has already been answered and we had added to the OD forum guidelines that we are no longer allowing new threads on this topic since it's been covered so much and isn't really harm reduction oriented, so I'm closing it. If you need more info about suboxone then ask it in the megathread.

Status
Not open for further replies.