• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can large amounts of Chamomile cause intoxication?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Ok, sorry if this is a really stupid question, which maybe it is, (probably is) but I've come to like how chamomile has a very short acting and very very mild anxiolytic quality.

What I am wondering is, if someone drank it like beer, just like, 6-12 cups of chamomile in a couple hours, could it produce a genuinely intoxicating state?

Also, whether or not it would work, would this be a dangerous thing to try?

I have to doubt it and would assume it would be harmless and you'd just be pissing like a race horse from all the liquid.

I am guessing that this is something that at least one bluelighter has tried, and it's something I could try easily enough, but I was still just curious.

I drank 3 cups yesterday & was sober.......its actually very good for your body.

It actually does do good when you can't sleep, it kind of relaxes you & is good for constipation. Doesn't get me high tho.......

I drank 3 cups yesterday & was sober, so.......

I was talking about more like 8-12 cups/teabags in like 60-90 mins

I'll get a VERY mild relaxing buzz that lasts about 30 mins from one or two, so I'm wondering if dramatically increasing the amount would have greater effects or just be pointless.

I've never drank 8 to 12 cups & don't plan on it but go ahead & try it & get back to us........

I've never drank 8 to 12 cups & don't plan on it but go ahead & try it & get back to us........

Well...that's probably the end of this thread then lol.

I doubt anything would happen...but for some reason I'm not sure I want to try as I don't feel like throwing up...

If anyone has ever tried it though, let me know...

I'd believe it would work. It wouldn't be dangerous unless you were operating heavy machinery.

I'd believe it would work. It wouldn't be dangerous unless you were operating heavy machinery.

Thanks.

This "possible" confirmation makes me confident enough to attempt it.

If I try it and it works I'll report the effects.

A lady drank 100 sachets of green tea per day and her teeth feel out. It was green tea tho. Was a toxicity resembling crocodil.

You could buy the herb in bulk and boil a massive amount and reduce the water to make a super concentrated tea... You could even evaporate the water clean and capsulate the residue.

Just an idea that can applied to most I assume. The above is more for kratom. You could also try soaking the chamomile in alcohol (iso out etoh, but second food grade alcohol is recommended even if 40% while the higher concentration the better and easier to evaporate safely), filter the plant matter from solvent white collecting solvent in tray, let the solvent evaporate, and scrape redfin content that once it smells clean of alcohol is safe to eat. You could throw the resin at a low setting in your oven as final step to remove trace solvent residue. Play around and experiment... It's fun and you might discover something cool.

A lady drank 100 sachets of green tea per day and her teeth feel out. It was green tea tho. Was a toxicity resembling crocodil.

A toxicity resembling crokodile? Wow, that's insane!

I don't drink any green tea.......

Per day EVERY day or in ONE day?

Either way....100 green tea bags could possibly cause a heart attack or stroke I am guessing because of a MASSIVE caffeine overdose.

Chamomile tea on the other hand has absolutely no caffeine at all so that has no baring on this at all.

I also wonder what about green tea would make her teeth fall out...but if that's the WORST that happened to her and she didn't have a stroke or heart attack she is probably lucky.

The poet Balzac is known to have died from 100 cups of coffee.

Green tea in MODERATION....like maybe 1-4 cups a day or something, is actually REALLY good for you.

Lots of antioxidants.

You could buy the herb in bulk and boil a massive amount and reduce the water to make a super concentrated tea... You could even evaporate the water clean and capsulate the residue.

Just an idea that can applied to most I assume. The above is more for kratom. You could also try soaking the chamomile in alcohol (iso out etoh, but second food grade alcohol is recommended even if 40% while the higher concentration the better and easier to evaporate safely), filter the plant matter from solvent white collecting solvent in tray, let the solvent evaporate, and scrape redfin content that once it smells clean of alcohol is safe to eat. You could throw the resin at a low setting in your oven as final step to remove trace solvent residue. Play around and experiment... It's fun and you might discover something cool.

I guess I could just put a very small amount of water in a tea kettle and throw in like 12 tea bags and steep it, then drink it all.

Other than that, the other suggestions you made confuse me LOL.

I am not someone who knows much about how to do these kinds of things you describe...hell, I can only cook basic meals lol.

After reading this I see that what REALLY caused the problem was the fluoride, however, I did not know that tea has fluoride in it, which is good to know.

But I wonder if the water she used had NOT had fluoride if this would have happend from the levels in the tea alone...maybe, maybe not.

But because of the fluoride in BOTH the tea and water...and because she had ONE HUNDRED freaking tea bags EVERY DAY for SEVENTEEN years......yeah.....the fluroide caused her to get brittle bones.

I don't know how the women even slept at all ever with that much caffeine...let alone avoided a stroke or heart attack.

They also said she's expected to make a full recovery.

That's really weird though.

Talk about taking a common substance to EXTREME excess...

What the actual fuck.

I've drank large amounts of chamomile in the midst of terrible Suboxone withdrawal and it didn't do much honestly. But there was no saving me in that state, not even high dose benzos. I've had more success with valerian but drinking high amounts of that will just make you terribly nauseous and dizzy.

I have taken chamomile to what I imagine is its limits. Our local co-op sells the organic flowers and plant matter in bulk. I have brewed extremely large amounts of it - to the point that the resulting tea was dark and pretty bitter (chamomile is notoriously mild and light flavored).

The effect was only slightly stronger than a usual cup (although my usual cup is always stronger than most people brew chamomile). It made me a little drowsy.

No significant intoxication

After reading this I see that what REALLY caused the problem was the fluoride, however, I did not know that tea has fluoride in it, which is good to know.

But I wonder if the water she used had NOT had fluoride if this would have happend from the levels in the tea alone...maybe, maybe not.

But because of the fluoride in BOTH the tea and water...and because she had ONE HUNDRED freaking tea bags EVERY DAY for SEVENTEEN years......yeah.....the fluroide caused her to get brittle bones.

I don't know how the women even slept at all ever with that much caffeine...let alone avoided a stroke or heart attack.

They also said she's expected to make a full recovery.

That's really weird though.

Talk about taking a common substance to EXTREME excess...

I guess she should have sticked to sucking cock, no fluoride in it.