• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA with a concussion

Justin1j2j3j4

Greenlighter
So one of my friends hit her head hard against her book shelf about a week ago and went to the doctor and he said that she had a minor concussion. He told her she would be fine as long as she didn't hit her head hard again.

My friend and I are planning on rolling tonight and were wondering if it would be dangerous for her to take MDMA after that. Like would it just give unpleasant symptoms like a worse headache or could it be seriously dangerous?

Also if it is dangerous, why is it? We are really looking forward to it and would like to if we can. Thanks for the help!

I don't know if MDMA will be dangerous. A concussion is a serious brain injury, I would not risk it. Another thing to consider is that MDMA could cause her to become impaired to the point of hitting her head again, which could be a real problem.

Whenever we take MDMA we take low doses and she isn't really affected by it anyways. She never gets super high because she's on benzodiazepines. The doctor said it was a minor concussion. She smoked weed with it and nothing bad happened. But I've heard some people say it's bad to take MDMA with it and am just wondering if because it would make then have a headache more or because it can actually seriously harm you

IMO there's no such thing as a "minor" concussion. It's trauma to your brain so IMO that's pretty serious shit. I don't know a ton about how MDMA works except that it gets u blasted as fuck lol. Anything that's gonna cause the brain more trauma must be avoided. I'm not sure if MDMA qualifies as trauma though? This site was basically founded to be all about MDMA so I'm sure someone with the needed knowledge will be by soon. I'd be very careful if she decides to dose just in case. Risk multiplies a ton if she suffers another trauma in such a short time. I'm just not sure if MDMA qualifies an a "trauma" per-se... Not much help I know, sry...

Well I don't know the doctor said it was minor. And like I said she never takes enough to lose control. She still had complete control and pretty much just feels euphoria. She won't be moving around wildly risking hitting her head. Plus it's pure MDMA so there's no weird crap in there we don't know of.

Did she lose conciousness? If she did, then it technically classifies as a severe concussion.

In any case, depending on the severity of the concussion, the impact can cause a shear injury to the brain which can temporarily disrupt the endothelial junctions in your blood vessels in your brain.

This puts you at a somewhat increased risk for hemorrhage in your brain if your blood pressure should spike. MDMA and other ampetamines can cause a significant rise in blood pressure to their sympathomimetic effects.

There are some case reports of brain hemorrhage after MDMA, it is rare, but in my opinion the risk is increased after a concussion, depending on its severity. So in my opinion, not worth the risk.

She did not pass out at all or bleed or anything. Hmmm does weed cause blood pressure increase?
So would it not affect her the same way as a severe one would cause it's so minor? She only really has headaches and dizziness as well as irritatableness

There is no such thing as a minor concussion. This is in my career field and my area of expertise. If you want more info PM me bc there's just WAY TO much to type. But if you want a cold fast answer and she wishes to
Have her injury heal as fast as possible, it would be a horrible idea to take MDMA whilst dealing with this injury.

She did not pass out at all or bleed or anything. Hmmm does weed cause blood pressure increase?
So would it not affect her the same way as a severe one would cause it's so minor? She only really has headaches and dizziness as well as irritatableness

It does sound like a mild to moderate concussion, but sounds like given the headaches and irritability, that she has post-concussive syndrome.

The greater the impact, the greater the disruption to endothelial tight junctions in the blood vessels of the brain, as well as a decreased ability of the brain to maintain constant blood flow in the face of varying blood pressures (cerebral autoregulation). These disruptions tend to resolve over days/weeks but can be prolonged in more severe head injury.

I cannot quantify the risk of MDMA-induced brain hemorrhage based on the severity of her concussion as you have described, but it is greater than if she had never hit her head at all. A devastating complication like cerebral hemorrhage is not worth the risk of a few hours of fun, even if the risk is only increased by 0.1%.

And Zebra everything you said I pretty much agree wth. With the exception, LOC is actually showing to have more speedily recovery then those people not knocked unconscious. Interesting Data for sure. Dizziness post trauma has been shown to be the biggest predictor for long term recovery from concusion.

Interesting and counter-intuitive. Can you provide me the source for this? I would be really interested.

hey zebra let me see if I can find some cited trusted sources. This has been what our clinic has seen in trends over past 5 years . So I'm not sure if there's anything published yet, will report back with that. The idea is that the brain kinda "resets" during the LOC limiting how much imbalance occurs

No MDMA for at least 2 weeks maybe longer depending on how bad the concussion was.. allow the brain to heal properly. A concussion basically a brain injury that feels like someone might feel after taking a lot of MDMA over a period of a few days.. like a really bad comedown so dosing more MDMA can't be good. Let the brain heal properly

Yeah, dude, not worth the risk... even just being anxious about it could set you both off on a bad experience, whether the concussion affects it or not. Always better to wait until you're sure it's safe. A concussion is absolutely not something to fuck around with.

No do not do MDMA after a concussion trust me. I have had multiple concussions and haven't fully recovered from them to this day.
Adding MDMA to an already injured and thus recovering brain is just asking for trouble.
After I received a pretty bad concussion I would wake up with almost hangover like symptoms that stuck around for a few days afterwards and where worse in the morning. Throwing MDMA into the equation is just not worth the high just wait a week or more at least the least.