View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSZ Vs AL-LAD

phatass

Bluelighter
Is there a significant difference between the two i see there is a bit more info on AL-LAD, could one say that one or the other is better, or if they are different, in what way?

thanks

Al-LAD is more like acid in that it gives you that same "peace and love" feeling. It did give me a lot of tremors though and two hits was actually pretty unpleasant. One was not bad, though the visuals were pretty minimal. With LSZ you need higher doses but I don't get the peace and love effect, just the other acid type effects. I don't like getting peace and lovey.

Last edited:
Phatass. I would also like to know the same question. And more.
How long do they each last?
What's the body load?
I heard the tremors are impurities left in with the lsd. Ergotamines cause tremors and are thought to cause some lower quality acid to have these effects. Along with ISO-lsd which is also an unwanted impurity in lsd.
Do they have a taste? Or that very slight metallic tingle?

With all due respect, this is why the Big and Dandy threads exist. So you can go through them and find information and compare and contrast for yourself.

Also, folks, I realize that LSD is something of the standard metric setter when it comes to evaluating novel psychedelic compounds, but let's try to not re-enforce the idea that AL-LAD and LSZ are "replacements" for people who can't source LSD. These are unique compounds, of course structurally related to LSD, that need to be approached and treated for what they are, on their own terms as much as possible.

let's try to not re-enforce the idea that AL-LAD and LSZ are "replacements" for people who can't source LSD. These are unique compounds, of course structurally related to LSD, that need to be approached and treated for what they are, on their own terms as much as possible.

Good point transitionsynth! These chemicals each have their own character. You'll always be disappointed looking at them as LSD replacements, because they will never be something they are not! They're all siblings, however they each have their own unique and special character that is unfolding right now as we explore these chemicals. Lets not miss this unique opportunity to explore a new pair of chemicals by mis-categorizing them as LSD imitations!

I think there is merit in comparing these to LSD though, because LSD is is a good reference point for discussion. Because everything is relative, we can converse more easily about the topic by using LSD as a point of comparison. Since LSD is well known and most of us have a bit of experience with it.

LSZ is way more serious whilst AL-LAD is more far playful. More descriptions if needed!

Totally agree with Help's comment.

Based on significant experience with both, i would say that AL-LAD is more "funny" and could be more superficial.
LSZ tends to be more serious and tendency to be deeper.
AL-LAD has been great in concert, party settings, and LSZ in hikes, and "dialectic walks".

I read somewhere that AL-LAD could be described as the pretty, loud sister of lucy, while LSZ the introverted, "need to get to know" one.

I heard the tremors are impurities left in with the lsd. Ergotamines cause tremors and are thought to cause some lower quality acid to have these effects. Along with ISO-lsd which is also an unwanted impurity in lsd.
That could be true, because I got some acid recently that gave me no tremors at all but I've had acid before that gave me lots of tremors just like the AL-LAD did. The LSZ also gave me no tremors. So maybe that first batch of AL-LAD was impure. It also made me feel generally ill at 300 mcg. Maybe the recent batch is better, haven't tried it.

I've never had any tremors from al-lad from any batch. What is a "tremor" anyway?

Totally agree with Help's comment.

I read somewhere that AL-LAD could be described as the pretty, loud sister of lucy, while LSZ the introverted, "need to get to know" one.

Thanks, any others feel this way?

I mostly agree, but I wouldn't call AL-LAD loud. I read something similar, like AL-LAD is the pretty, bubbly sister and LSZ is the nerdy, more serious brother. I've only done each one once so far, but my experiences agreed.

I found them both gentler natured than LSD itself. I find LSD to be the loudest, most assertive of the 3, if we're attributing human personality traits to these drugs..

I've never had any tremors from al-lad from any batch. What is a "tremor" anyway?

Tremors are when your body is shaking like you're freezing. I get them with most psychs including AL-LAD. Tryptamines are especially bad for that. 4-HO-DET will make me have really bad leg tremors, for instance. Apparently some people are more prone to tremors than others but, yeah, I definitely got them on AL-LAD, even one hit.

^^

Up north they call that "shaking like a shiteing dog"
Yeah that's a good analogy. Anyway, so I tried 3 blotters of LSZ today. Can't say I'm liking it. Slight visuals but nothing interesting. An underlying gastro discomfort keeps hanging around but not really nausea, though close to it. On the good side, my mind is completely clear. Just can't recommend LSZ as a recreational drug though really. It just doesn't make me feel good so what's the point, right? I doubt I'll ever take it again, unless I have absolutely nothing else available, and even then it wouldn't be all that appealing.

I wasn't wild on LSZ. 3 blotters is quite a dose tho.

It's never a good sign when you log into bluelight when you're supposed to be tripping.

I wasn't wild on LSZ. 3 blotters is quite a dose tho.

It's never a good sign when you log into bluelight when you're supposed to be tripping.
Yeah, that means I was still functional and that the trip was boring. It's not too bad at this point but the stomach discomfort is still persisting and I get an overall bad feeling from LSZ. I've tried it enough times now that I'm sure I don't like it. If it had nice visuals it might be worth it but it doesn't even. LSZ will just go down in history as a failed RC because nobody ever particularly liked it. At least not that I know of.

Last edited:
I tried AL-LAD a couple times and had a pleasant but mostly uneventful trip both times. I tried LSZ once and had a panic attack on the comeup, and then was shell-shocked for the rest of the day. Probably not enough data to draw any conclusions, but there you go.

Bert vs Ernie

I look forward to the day when Republican congressmen will go on national television to denounce AL-LAD and LSZ for futhering the homosexual agenda.

LSZ will just go down in history as a failed RC because nobody ever particularly liked it. At least not that I know of.

Maybe but it was still nice to have it around I suppose. What's the alternative when it's gone? Cracking open the morning glory seeds?