• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New smoker, curious whether i smoked actual weed or some other shit.

baitumn

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I'm new here and as the title suggests I want to know whether I smoked something ok or not. I've only smoked a total ammount of 3 times from the same weed, 2 times alone and third time with a friend who felt really sick after smoking and it got me realy worried and shit. Because I don't know jack shit about weed I'll relay whatever info I can.
First of all, the stuff was in the shape of a nugget, and it was very compressed and surprisingly hard when I was breaking it apart. It had a slight wild mint smell.
After smoking I would get a bit dizzy and after a short ammount of time a really strong sensation would hit me. I would start experiencing the world in 2-3 frames per second, I wanted to speak and move in that manner too. I felt a constant pulsing coming withing me, again 2-3 times per second, but I couldn't tell if it was my heart beating this fast or if it was something else. I have to stress the fact that the pulses were quite strong and they were present mostly around my face/head. The sensation would get stronger over the next.... I don't know how much time, till it almost seemed like I was conscious over the fact that I'm losing consciousness. I felt like there was a lot of energy in me but I couldn't use it. After the intense effect, I would start feeling VERY calm and would have a strong appetite. The feeling continuing to the point where I couldn't stay awake any longer and had to sleep. Maybe there was more info I could relay, but I can't remember anything mroe right now.
Now maybe I'm overreacting and these are all normal things to experience, but my friend felt really ill, he was very pale and was sweating a lot and puked too.
I just want to know whether I gave my friend some good stuff or some nasty shit.
Thanks.

That really sucks, sry to hear.
From what u describe to us it sounds to me like you got some of this synthetic crap. I don't think that's weed, honestly! It smelled minty? Not skunky and pungent?
I've done both many times and from the strange feeling u describe it sounds exactly like the new synthetic research chemical crap.
I'd stop smoking that shit and throw it in the toilet. Sorry you had to go through all of this. It must be twice as bad when u don't know your getting it.
Who gave you that shit? That's really fucked up to do to someone. It's kinda like dosing someone with LSD when they don't know. That's a big nono in the drug world. I'd be fucking pissed if I were u.
Throw it away!!!
Weed is good. That other shit is like a nightmare.

That really sucks, sry to hear.
From what u describe to us it sounds to me like you got some of this synthetic crap. I don't think that's weed, honestly! It smelled minty? Not skunky and pungent?
I've done both many times and from the strange feeling u describe it sounds exactly like the new synthetic research chemical crap.
I'd stop smoking that shit and throw it in the toilet. Sorry you had to go through all of this. It must be twice as bad when u don't know your getting it.
Who gave you that shit? That's really fucked up to do to someone. It's kinda like dosing someone with LSD when they don't know. That's a big nono in the drug world. I'd be fucking pissed if I were u.
Throw it away!!!
Weed is good. That other shit is like a nightmare.

Can it be synth even though it was a nugget?
It wasn't powder or anything that might look suspicious, it just looked like a dense bud.
Also it was pungent, made me wanna sneeze a bit after taking a whiff.

I haven't heard of actual nuggets usually it hardly looks like a plant if its a synthetic blend.

Could just be a strain of weed that doesn't go good with you or it could be you don't agree with all weed because there are people who can't smoke weed because of side effects like anxiety and whatnot.

Or it could be laced as my boy cliffy said but we cannot tell you anything for sure I'm afraid because we can't see the weed ourselves and you need to test it in a lab to be 100percent sure what it is you have.

This is probably weed. I remember the first time I actually got super high off some weed, it was probably my 4th time smoking. I was maybe like 15 years old. I ended up drooling on myself, hallucinating, having loops in my thoughts and vision. You're a new smoker, your body isn't really acclimated to it yet, and it was probably a fluke. After that one time of getting super high and tripping balls off a grav bong hit of some dro, I never got that high again. Definitely wasn't synthetic, I've seen this happen to many new smokers, including myself. Especially if it was some good nug or 'dro.

^Agreed I don't think it's any kind of synthetic. You're a new smoker and just got really stoned, some people react that way their first few times, nothing to worry about.

yeah weed differs immensely from person to person, even more on their first times - weed is a plain weird drug imo

i mean if you smoked some plant shit, it smelled like weed, well then it was weed. or you just don't get high cuz it wasn't weed, or it is weed, at least around here, no one laces weed with anything.

i never seen synthethic cannabinoids before though, but i heard they get you immensely high

Yeah, theres no reason to even lace weed with anything. Weed is the cheapest drug around by far, even on the east coast. I had a friend in high school who claimed he got his brick weed laced with coke. I tried to explain that first of all, you can't smoke coke HCL, and second, no one is going to spend $40 to lace weed with coke, then sell it to you for normal weed price. I think the whole lacing thing is a scare tactic by the media anwyay. Unless you were trying to kill someone, theres no economically feasible reason that you would want to lace weed.

I wouldn't suggest against it.... A person my friend from SF who meet someone who traveled from Midwest was sold "white weed." My friend said they obviously spent time funding some herb that looked similar without a strong smell (possibly sage) although was probably from one of those smoke shop synthetic cannabinoid laced packets.

Don't buy weed from people you can't trust.... If they don't want to smoke the bud they sell then there's something off

Edit: I would think you have some fake stuff of your friends reaction although I can't say anything for sure.

Last edited:
Since more than 1 person had that fucked up reaction to it I'm sticking to my guns on this one.
I know that feeling that the op described all too well, either it's real weed sprayed with chemical or it's a bud from some other kind of plant sprayed with that shit. Can't be 100% sure but I know that feeling that was described...

Yeah, K2 and the like is complete crap. I'd rather smoke some of the lowest grade pot that Ive ever laid my hands on, than smoke that chemical potpourri-smelling nonsense. Weed makes you feel good, and you shouldve been laughing your ass off. At least I did way back when. Im sorry that happened to you. Id have something to say to whoever sold you that if they told you it was actual bud.

That white weed sounds like something like off a certain "legal-bud" website, though i can't source it. Their bud looks, smells, tastes, and smokes like bud, but it's mostly just a blend of herbs, grown a certain way, and compressed into nug form. I tried it when on probation, it may relax you a little bit, as I believe some of them have kanna, and insane amounts of blue lotus extract, but even then its not the best.

Also, I guarantee it wasn't synthetic. I smoked synthetic for a year, over 100 grams of AM-2201, 50 grams of JWH, etc. I remember going through 100 grams of AM-2201 in a week one time, and I feel like that shit has really fucked my brain up. But no, this does not sound like a synthetic weed guys. It's his third time smoking, my third time smoking I legitamately pissed myself, drooled on myself, and had mind bending hallucinations. I've seen other people who have done this same thing their first time getting high. Some people's body chemistry don't jive with weed. I can't believe no one here has ever seen someone piss themselves, drool on themselves, and have crazy ego-death experiences when they were new to weed. It happened to me, and nearly all my friends. The first time my friend got high, he tried to jump out of his window of his apartment, and was psychotic for almost 3 hours.

Also, OP, do you have any history of mental illness? this may be the cause as well.

Now that's the million dollar question that once you find the answer to for yourself you will usually regret it.

Best answer is people don't know better

sounds like my first time smoking almost exactly. I remember feeling like i became a zombie and was in stop frame motion, even puked after an hour or so.

in all likelihood it was just weed that you smoked. Good weed will be dense, depending on the variety. A lot of purples, which is a stronger strain in general, will grow in very dense nugs. The likelihood that you got weed laced with something else is not likely at all, and unless someone was pulling a prank on you which you would know by now, it didn't happen. Weed is a commodity within itself and it doesn't make sense to add other drugs to something that will sell on its own. And if someone is going to scam you, it will likely be some sort of grass or something that has similar appearance to weed but won't get you high.