• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opium, hemp wick, and a oil burner bubble

tacodude

Bluelighter
Exactly what the title says... Anyone got recommendations to do this right.... I feel like I've gone through amounts that many would cry over although that's just because they can't get opium. I want advice from experienced people on smoking technique and dosage for someone who manages pain with 5 mg hydrocodone daytime and 10 mg nighttime upping to 20 at most for recreation only the past few days. I can access a mg scale so weighing my dose is no problem.

Also been searching every forum so please don't waste your time trying to get attention by telling me to use the search button or search engine as I've spent the last couple hours doing that with little success especially on mg dose.

Also final note opium is refined from pod milk and aged to peak quality.

You mean a glass pipe?
I've heard (citation needed, etc) this is too hot (?) for opium, and that hot-knifing or even using foil may have better results.
But I've never heard of anyone successfully vaping opium out of a glass pipe (if what I envision an "oil burner bubble" is correct?)

And not to be off topic, but my personal opinion is that orally consumed opium was always my preferred way of taking opiates. More than pharms, at any rate.
Smoking it is ok IME (I got best results adding it to weed - so not a good example, granted) but nothing comes close to the oral use of full spectrum alkaloids - for pain, addiction maintenance or anything (except kicks - because I don't really want to encourage people to take opiates in search of 'kicks').

Just my 2 cents;
If I was still using, or needed pain relief - and I could source good opium, I'd take it orally. Just be careful, potency is hard to judge with anything of this nature.

I understand you on the smoking speedy.... It was not to effective until I tried dissolving 100 mg or so in water and filtering and squirting .3 ml each nostril and l let's just say I am lucky I had coconut water to neutralize the bitter burn after. Was much more effective than smoking though although I did it after smoking it. I probably won't try it saffron xD

Also oil burners are the glass bubbles people usually smoke meth from.... Since I can't get an old school opium pipe I assume this was the same concept. I use hemp wick to replicate a candle.

Dunno if I got the trick down to smoking it, but damn high after adding 40 mg to the bubble this morning and working it through it as slow as I could.... Although it could also be residue from the 200 mg or so that went through my pipe yesterday. Definitely not easy to smoke and should be saved for special occasions although I have a feeling my pipe will get me quite high for a while now.

Curious on your opinion on how much is being used. I know I'm being quite over excessive just trying to make sure effect is reach before I store it away for the end of trips. Also any recommendations on dosage for a non tolerant person and then I can titrate it to my low-average tolerance? I definitely want to reduce the amount I am using when I decide to pull it out in the future.

Start with little pellets.
Work your way up slowly - opium can take a couple of hours to reach peak effect - but you can redose effectively if you need to.

And yeah - the pipe you refer to is what I was thinking.

Another ROA worth considering is dissolving in water and plugging.
Effective and comes on much faster...

You're right about the others pellets. Chunks under 20 mg seem to smoke well

Do you smoke weed?
I used to chuck little hunks into a bowl with weed and smoke it, careful not to apply direct flame to the opium.

I smoke my bud in a bubbler and smoking the opium through water doesn't seeim smart.

Also I want a large full pure toke of opium.... That's tricky

Where I'm from there is a smoking device known as a "bucket bong"....
I believe some folk call it a "gravity bong".
That's how I used to do it. But mixed with weed.

If you're serious about this, I'm sure there are ways of procuring the right paraphernalia and technique...but short of that, it's not as easy as vaping - say - meth.

I still reckon eat it :p

Actually got the method down pretty well for smoking it at this point and have decided to stash the majority of it for later so I don't go through it all extremely fast. I still am curious what you think a oral dose starts at in mg for non tolerant people. Mine seems to be less than 50% even probably 25% or less waxes judging from the white wax's left after I dissolved and drank some a couple nights ago.

Edit: I'll add I taste even the resin strong in the smoke through the water in a bud bowl. Another method is dropping a chunk on top of glass screen-->green---->small grandulated water hash covered by more green.

I still am curious what you think a oral dose starts at in mg for non tolerant people. Mine seems to be less than 50% even probably 25% or less waxes judging from the white wax's left after I dissolved and drank some a couple nights ago.
I honestly wouldn't want to hazard a guess, as there are far too many variables.
The old "start low and work your way up" is about the best advice I can offer.
I doubt a chunk the size of, say, a pea would be too much to start with, but it impossible to know how refined or potent it is.

I can say from experience that eating too much is no fun, because it has such a long duration of action and can make you really ill for a day or two.
But I was generally using pods or weird poppy juice extracts when I misjudged the strength of shit and ended up making myself ill - so I can't really guess how big a lump of opium would be the equivalent or thereabouts. It's impossible to say really.