• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Veterinary Syringes

RxContin

Greenlighter
It seems that acquiring insulin needles is more difficult than it used to be. But I was at my local farm/hardware/hunting&fishing store (I forget if I can say names, it's been a while) and saw a variety of syringes for animals. I'm sure they were all sterile, although I would make sure before buying. The one that caught my eye was a 6-pack of 20 gauge, 3 cc needles. Now 20 gauge is bigger than I'm used to, but will find smaller if I can. What I'm getting at here is, I just want to make sure it would be okay to use these when normal U-100's aren't available.

well as long as they're sterile, i don't see a problem - in the end they're just rigs

hopefully you can find something more like 30g, man 20g sounds hurtful

That's all I use anymore 22-18 gauge rigs from IFA. with 3ml barrels. they don't ask too many questions and they dont clog as easy as the higher gauges.

What state are you in? You can buy syringes online (if you don't have a credit card just buy a pre-paid one from 7-11 type convenient stores, pharmacies, target, Wal-Mart, or wherever else you can think of that has gift-cards). The only other issue I can think of is that you might not be able to have them shipped to your home if you trying to hide this from the people that you are living with. And speaking of Wal-Mart, I believe that they sell 100 packs of syringes so if you are able to get them there you should be good for a while. The other option is a needle-exchange program which your state may or may not have.

Walmart sells 100 packs of syringes? I thought you could only buy them in 10's without a script. At least in my state. I'll try that for sure next time I go to walmart. I'm assuming it's in the pharmacy, like you stand in line and ask for rigs. Or would it be otc? I've never looked around that area too much except for dxm, which they don't carry any more btw.

Good idea ordering online. I actually didn't know about that until recently. Unfortunately, I do live with some rather suspicious people, even if I am good at covering up.

As for the needle exchange. I don't think they have any around here, but I'll see what I can find.

Last edited:
Walmart sells 100 packs of syringes? I thought you could only buy them in 10's without a script. At least in my state. I'll try that for sure next time I go to walmart. I'm assuming it's in the pharmacy, like you stand in line and ask for rigs. Or would it be otc? I've never looked around that area too much except for dxm, which they don't carry any more btw.

Good idea ordering online. I actually didn't know about that until recently. Unfortunately, I do live with some rather suspicious people, even if I am good at covering up.

As for the needle exchange. I don't think they have any around here, but I'll see what I can find.

I read about them having 100 packs from someone on here so I'm not sure how it works though.

I read about them having 100 packs from someone on here so I'm not sure how it works though.

I have gotten 100 packs of 29 ga from Wal Mart after trying every pharmacy in town who all said no even though it is legal here it isn't going to do any good to complain.
I stood in line int he pharmacy, was dressed for work, nice shirt, and I look the part of suburban Dad. I even had the clerk tell me what gauges and lengths they had, but it would be better to know going in.

The Pharmacies asked me what I wanted them for, which I had a good story with my facts straight but they didn't care, they wanted a prescription on file, but oddly none out of 3 told me that before asking me why I wanted them.

Wal Mart just wanted to know what flavor I wanted and go away :)

It seems that acquiring insulin needles is more difficult than it used to be. But I was at my local farm/hardware/hunting&fishing store (I forget if I can say names, it's been a while) and saw a variety of syringes for animals. I'm sure they were all sterile, although I would make sure before buying. The one that caught my eye was a 6-pack of 20 gauge, 3 cc needles. Now 20 gauge is bigger than I'm used to, but will find smaller if I can. What I'm getting at here is, I just want to make sure it would be okay to use these when normal U-100's aren't available.

I've used a livestock needle before a long time ago for a diluted methadone injection. It works fine you gotta have a steady hand though so I don't recommend Speedballs with these needles or anything like cocaine that needs to be injected every 20 -40 minutes. I think the one I had was a 20 or mabye a 18 and was about 1inch long. Had a good sized barrel on it too it was 30 or 35 cc If I remember correctly.

Regular insulin type syringes in any gauge you desire can be ordered online from certain veterinary supply companies.I won't give specific names because I don't think it's allowed here but I'm sure a quick internet search will piont you in the right direction.You can order as many 100 count boxes as you like with no questions asked.In the rare event of being questioned just say your cat is diabetic.

I would just go to Wal-Mart and tell them I needed 3 packs of 10 for the month for my girlfriend with diabetes. Which was true... at one point. :)

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna look into walmart soon, and when I get a chance (and a PO Box) look into ordering online.

Last edited:
Ordering online was a success. I found the exact rigs i wanted for cheap after i got a separate po box.