• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol- higher percentage better for you?

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Where I'm from there's a drink called "puncheon". It's 150 proof( 75% ) genuine fire water haha. It's white so there's no hangover. It doesn't get you sloppy drunk, just tipsy n kinda leaves you there without inhibitions n such(just what I love about it).

Anyway, everyone keeps telling me how bad it is for the body but I have a friend who knows a lot about ethanol. He made a point to me that the higher the percentage the purer the drink and the better for you the liquor is. Since it's a high percentage there's less impurities than lets say some 80 proof scotch.

All in all it makes sense to me but I'd like to hear you guys POV. I love to drink this high proofd liquor for the reasons I stated above. No hangover and no sloppiness. (Once you don't mix it obviously).

Dude it's worse for you IMO. It's doing more damage to your organs because it's stronger.
It's the alcohol itself that does the most damage. No hangovers??? I drank everyday so I'd never have hangovers anyways, are u sure this isn't the case for u as well?
I'm just respectfully disagreeing is all bro, not trying to troll you or nothing like that. That's not my style. Just wanted to add my opinion.
Shit for all I know you may be right. My common senses tells my it's terrible for you but my sense has failed me before so... Lol!
I'll be interested to see what everyone else says.
When you say it's white do u mean clear? Or do u mean it's white like milk? Just curious, never heard of this stuff before...

Drinking 1 shot of this stuff is probably a bit better for you than drinking a bottle of beer.
Only because of the amount of carbs in beer :p
Then again, this is only if drink some water after drinking the puncheon.
Because not drinking enough fluids with alcohol causes dehydratie.
When drinking a strong liquor like this, you also risk drinking way too much more easilly (that's what caused me to be in bed and puking all day yesterday XD)

I think it'll quicker raise your BAC and kill you than any other proof. But nobody drinks that heavily. Well not a binge drinker like myself. I'm very careful with my intake so I think that's where it becomes actually dangerous. If I were to drink a lot at once. I believe it's safe in every other aspect. I could be wrong...

I live in the foothills of western N.C. an area famous for genuine "moonshine". My ex father in-law would get some of the best white liquor; corn, and brandies from apple, grape, and peach. These were all clear and the ones he got were proofed at 140-160 and would KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS if you made the mistake of thinking their smoothness meant you could drink more than normally, something I was guilty of early on in my relationship with this amazing nector of the gods!

Anyway, I always thought it must be better for you because you did not need to drink a lot of it to get to that sweet spot and to maintain it for a period of time. When I would overdue it, even to the point of vomiting, I was not sick the next morning. Good stuff.

Don't guess this really helped just that the title and initial post caught my attention and brought back some 25 year old memories, some great memories!!

well just like it was said it'll have less carbs than other lower proof shit, but you know in the end ethanol is ethanol, doesnt really matter it's still bad for your liver and all that jazz ethanol does

that being said once me and a buddy bought a 180 proof absinthe and we could barely drink that shit it burned so bad, or may be i'm just not tough enough. i find the sweet spot between high-proof/getting drunk without having to drink much and being unbearable to drink is around 100 proof. that Pere Kermann absinthe is the shit, tastes sweet and gets you drunk fast

Give me some tequila, B52, mojito and long island iced teas and I'm happy :D