• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWE questions

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Hi, and I DID read the CWE thread from the archives from beginning to end, and other sources too, such as the TEK at DF, but I'm still puzzled. I did my first CWE and I'm afraid I might've botched it. First of all, it took a LONG time (next time I'm crushing the pills first, as they took FOREVER to dissolve, and I'm forming my filter better... I made an almost flat coffee filter across the top of a cup. Lost a lot of liquid that way.) also, I think I used WAY too much water...I used 3/4ths cup for 20 pills, the ones with 8 mgs codeine you get in Canada (a friend brought them back for me.) also, the resulting water was NOT clear...clear-ish but still milky...to the point where I only drank about half of it, for fear of consuming way too much APAP. (And by God it tasted like CRAP.) I do feel a bit better, very jittery from all the caffeine that's in those pills but I'm used to consuming high amounts of caffeine (I usually drink a 24-ounce coffee in the morning and then sodas after.) my main question is - WHAT DID I DO WRONG?! Was the water not cold enough?? It certainly FELT ice-cold to me! How do I streamline this process? I need to use these codeine pills for pain and to ward off WDs because I have nothing else, but I'm terrified of damaging my liver. PLEASE give me an answer about this so I know what to do better next time (and is it safe to consume the rest of the milky-ish liquid I have??) thanks for the answers in advance.

Put the pills (crushed or not) into a cup of room temp water (it doesn't need to be ice cold.. honest)
For every pill, use 1 or 2 ml of water, more is not needed.

Use another cup and create a cone shape with the filter and place it inside the top of the cup. You can decant (pour off the top) the fist half of the liquid into the filter and wait for it to drain through before dumping the rest of the gunk into the filter; or you can dump the whole thing at once.

After it drains a bit, pull the filter up (without dumping the water) and twist the top shut so you have a pouch of your mixture. Gently squeeze it into the cup untill no more liquid comes out.

Don't worry if it comes out a bit Cloudy, that happens all the time. You'll only be consuming a fraction of the apap.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the tips! So it should be ok for me to finish off my slightly cloudy codeine water? I'm in a lot of pain today and could really use it.

- Dissolve 20 pills in 20mL of room temperature water.
- Shake the mix once dissolved.
- Leave it in the freezer for 10 minutes. (this step is optional and allows you to remove twice more acetaminophen)
- Shake well.
- Take 3 kleenex tissues, bend them into 4 so that the final area is 25% of the original kleenex area, and make a cavity.
- Pour the cold mixture and let it absorb for 2 minutes.
- Peel off a corner of the kleenex in a way to separate the white gunk from the wet sheets below it.
- The codeine will be in the wet kleenex, consume it without eating the kleenex, by squeezing and re-wetting it with water until it's all out.
- Let the white gunk sit on a dry sheet of kleenex. Wrap it in the kleenex and squeeze it until the gunk resembles a solid.
- Consume this additional sheet in a similar manner, by adding water to it to dilute its ingredients.

This is the only household method that allows removal of over 98% of the acetaminophen, because it replaces filtration with chromatography, as the solvent is absorbed against gravity, carrying the soluble components upwards.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the tips! So it should be ok for me to finish off my slightly cloudy codeine water? I'm in a lot of pain today and could really use it.
Yeah you'll be fine to consume the rest.

Honestly I use a completely different method, but I also use ac&c instead of t1s. (Aspirin instead of tylenol). Aspirin filters easier than apap cause it crystallizes instead of turning into a fine paste.

I put 30-50 ml of water and 15-40 pills into a small bottle (150ml? ) and let it dissolve. The cap us a nozzle, I use 1/4 of a dry plain makup/face cleaning pad (kinda like an oxy pad but without any chemical/cleaner. I get em in packs of 100 at the dollar store or walmart) to make a filter which I place on the inside of the nozzle.
Shake shake shake, tip, squeeze. The air pressure gently pushes the water out through the filter. I find this method superior cause there is very very little water left, harder to fuck up by breaking the filter and faster.

- Dissolve 20 pills in 20mL of room temperature water.
- Shake the mix once dissolved.
- Leave it in the freezer for 10 minutes. (this step is optional and allows you to remove twice more acetaminophen)
- Shake well.
- Take 3 kleenex tissues, bend them into 4 so that the final area is 25% of the original kleenex area, and make a cavity.
- Pour the cold mixture and let it absorb for 2 minutes.
- Peel off a corner of the kleenex in a way to separate the white gunk from the wet sheets below it.
- The codeine will be in the wet kleenex, consume it without eating the kleenex, by squeezing and re-wetting it with water until it's all out.
- Let the white gunk sit on a dry sheet of kleenex. Wrap it in the kleenex and squeeze it until the gunk resembles a solid.
- Consume this additional sheet in a similar manner, by adding water to it to dilute its ingredients.

This is the only household method that allows removal of over 98% of the acetaminophen, because it replaces filtration with chromatography, as the solvent is absorbed against gravity, carrying the soluble components upwards.

This seems like a very good idea. I never did it that way, but it seems so simple and effective.

I would definitely crush the pills first. After doing this, adding it to the cold water, mixing then filtering, I've added iced tea mix to the resulting solution to make the taste more bearable. You can add any type of flavor enhancers such as those MíO flavor drops or lemonade mix to make it better to drink. If it's too cold for the iced tea or lemonade mix to dissolve then you can make some in a separate cup using a little bit of warm water and then adding that to the cup with the CWE liquid.

I would definitely crush the pills first. After doing this, adding it to the cold water, mixing then filtering, I've added iced tea mix to the resulting solution to make the taste more bearable. You can add any type of flavor enhancers such as those MíO flavor drops or lemonade mix to make it better to drink. If it's too cold for the iced tea or lemonade mix to dissolve then you can make some in a separate cup using a little bit of warm water and then adding that to the cup with the CWE liquid.

I've gotten used to the taste :) in fact I kinda almost like it. Kinda like the burn of taking a shot of alcohol. Or from snorting a powder. Or the poke of a needle.

none of these things are particularly pleasant but they aquire a bit of attraction when associated with the experience of taking a drug.

I've noticed, can someone relate to this;
I find that there is kind of a weird lingering "smell" in the back of my nose / throat after some doses, but not all. It's not similiar to the bitterness of the initial dose but more like a bland.. bread?

I'm sorry for replying so late, but I've tried over and over again to make a CWE and I ALWAYS end up with a slightly cloudy solution. I've tried re-freezing and re-filtering but it doesn't seem like I'm removing any more APAP because nothing settles to the bottom and nothing ends up in my filter. Could the cloudiness be the leftover caffeine in the solution? I don't mind drinking a ton of caffeine, it's actually normal for me to drink tons of caffeine (I just forego soda that day and drink only 1 cup decaf coffee) but I CANT get it to come out crystal clear. Will I be ok?