• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe the waiting game with bupe... jfc

for a girl

Greenlighter
so for a couple months i've been on a daily dose of 2mg of subutex. on monday morning i took 8mg of it randomly, and i ran out so now i haven't taken it in 2 days. i realize the bupe is still in my system and since i've been on it regularly it will stay in my system, but as i'm used to taking it everyday i'm getting a little anxious. i have a few oxys (30mg) that i'm contemplating taking. i know they're not going to get me high given the bupe in my system, but will it help me avoid continuing to get closer to withdrawal? this may be a stupid question but i haven't been in this situation in quite a while.

<3<3<3

If the oxy doesn't get you high in any way because of the bupe, then it won't help you "avoid getting closer to withdrawal". The reason being that the bupe blocks you from getting high because it prevents the oxy from binding to your receptors, so there is no way for the oxy to help prevent WD since its basically rendered inert by the bupe.
But, there is a chance of the oxy working(getting you high/preventing WD) as long as there isn't enough, or any, bupe left in your brain to block any opiates from binding.

at this point i'm not sure how much of the bupe would be present in my system. i just don't wanna waste oxys haha