• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Naltrexone, while on detox? i'm confused and afraid

FilSantos

Greenlighter
Hi guys, i've decided do start taking antagnostic, i'm always relapsing in the last months...
But i have a quick question.. My doctor said that would be fine for me to take the naltrexone two days after my lat heroin use, and this goes against all i've heard until now. Is it not ALWAYS safer to take after 7 days clean, and dangerous to do it before? Does anyone heard of this? 48 hours and start to take naltrexone? I would love if this was true, but i'm afraid, i want to trust my doctor, bue it's the first time in 20 years of living with heroin (mostly clean) that i've eard that is safe, that heroin leaves the body in 48 hours and that i don't need to wait to fully detox, to just continue taking the clonodine and i'll be fine...
As anyone took naltrexone, just two days after the last consume?
Thanks

Edit title, is "while on detox"

It is safe, meaning it will not be dangerous to your health, but it may (probably will) make withdrawals worse.

I would wait a week. It's not like it's going to make your withdrawals easier when you finally get on it, so there's really no rush.

I took naltrexone 5 days after my last sub use (which had only been 2mg a day for 2 days) and hadn't been using much before that and still went into precipitated withdrawals, so definitely wait the week. I've heard that they are now telling those that are getting on it after suboxone maintenance to wait 10 days before starting it since too many people were still experiencing PW's when they started the naltrexone 1 week after they stopped the suboxone.