• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ya I was shooting Ambien.. (and lost my arm)

Thanks , I am an idiot. No more needles. Dunno what I was thinking. Was already half messed up when I decided to start shooting. No more.
Man come on bro. Don't IV that shit man. Not saying to not IV at all (I can't control your choices) but if you are going to IV at least make sure its worth it. Don't do it for a stupid sleeping pill.

just a quick update, as was mentioned, i wasnt out of the woods. finally about 48-72 hours ago, my arm from elbow to wrist began to swell and the pain got so severe that i finally broke down and went to the er, they xrayed, did a horrible test for compartment syndrom, gave me 2 shots of iv dilauded(sp), and sent me home with a script for percs. Even the iv meds didnt take away the pain, it take the edge off ( got me high a fuck) and the percs today, Ive only taken one are helping. But, no infection as of yet. Got an mri for tuesday. To see what kind of muscle damage has been done I guess.

This has scared me and although I dont pln on stopping drinking or weed, my needle days are done. I said that before though and was able to stay away for 7 years. I hope this is my last ride with needle.

and fuck Ambien....

and the end to my story........i just got out of the hospital. the absolute 2nd worse thing that coulda happened, happened. i lost my left arm from 2 inches above the elbow down. horrifying and while i
ll cope, oh there will be whining and crying, but ill deal. this sh!t is all to real friends. please, please, stay safe out there.

Verry sorry to hear man, hope you aren't left handed. If you aren't, there's another positive right there (not joking my right arm has so been broken so many times in so many places it really sux to no not be able to use ur right).

Damn dude... that's a harsh way to learn not to IV ambien... :\

Wow this goes to show the importance of HR advice BEFORE doing a drug.
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you its such a shame and all for a sleeping pill with no obvious benefit to IV besides fulfilling your needle fixation.
Spread the word to whoever you can don't IV these pills no pill is good but come on ambian?

Wow, I am so sorry that happened to you OP, that truly sucks :( thanks for sharing your experience tho...are Ambien a lot worse to IV/potentially miss with than other pills? Certainly not gonna try IV ambien, but i can't help but wonder what happened? was it an infection that made it necessary to do what they had to do?

and the end to my story........i just got out of the hospital. the absolute 2nd worse thing that coulda happened, happened. i lost my left arm from 2 inches above the elbow down. horrifying and while i
ll cope, oh there will be whining and crying, but ill deal. this sh!t is all to real friends. please, please, stay safe out there.
Cave, please PM me.. I, also, have lost an arm, so I know exactly what you're going through.. (Well, I lost all motor function in my left hand, and 70% of my left arms ability to do shit. It's so difficult at first, but you WILL adjust, that I promise.. I OD'ed on hareon, and simultaneously had a stroke..) I was 100% paralyzed from the neck down for 2 weeks which was so, so scary. I lost everything, that is a feeling you cannot describe. It took me A LONG time to get back to a 'normal' state if you will.. I will always want the use of my hand and arm back, but that's not something I think about.. I'm so used to using one hand, that if by some godly act it came back, it would be odd, albeit great. I'll give you my Skype in a PM if you want to talk.. Keep your fucking head up, don't let this bullshit bring you down EVER. Seriously, my sincerest wishes go to you.

Cave, please PM me.. I, also, have lost an arm, so I know exactly what you're going through.. (Well, I lost all motor function in my left hand, and 70% of my left arms ability to do shit. It's so difficult at first, but you WILL adjust, that I promise.. I OD'ed on hareon, and simultaneously had a stroke..) I was 100% paralyzed from the neck down for 2 weeks which was so, so scary. I lost everything, that is a feeling you cannot describe. It took me A LONG time to get back to a 'normal' state if you will.. I will always want the use of my hand and arm back, but that's not something I think about.. I'm so used to using one hand, that if by some godly act it came back, it would be odd, albeit great. I'll give you my Skype in a PM if you want to talk.. Keep your fucking head up, don't let this bullshit bring you down EVER. Seriously, my sincerest wishes go to you.

thx man. i'll probably hit you up on real bad days. i'm just in trial and error phase, still learning new things. but as for now im in a decent state of mind, but i know there are gonna be some dark days, hopefully i'll be ready for them so as not to fall into a full blown funk.

Damn that totally sucks i feel sorry for you

please dont feel sorry for me. i did something very, very stupid while drunk already. i dont deserve it but i do own my shit. i did this too myself, its on me. i want people to realize what they are getting into before they start using a needle.

Oh my fucking god.

Dude, I'm sorry. Drug addiction can be a terrible tragic thing.

Let this serve as a warning to each and every one of us. HR is no fucking joke.
So heavy, so sad.

Let me start off by first saying, I'm sorry for your loss. You will also go through the grieving process, anger, denial...mourning etc..I know this because I, myself am an amputee. Above knee right leg. Lost mine in motor bike accident. And just to advise others on this site, it is a great loss that he will grieve. I have to be honest and say in my case, it took me ten years to finally accept it. I used heaps pot ..even smoked heaps in hospital, and in a way delayed the grief process because I was too smashed to think about it. I have adjusted quite well and have been busy over 20 years gardening and landscaping.Also I want to say this totally changed my outlook on everything..it was a blessing in disguise..anyway if you need to talk, I'm here..cheers Tricia

You say you did this to yourself...no, you didn't intentionally go and amputate your arm...you must not be so hard on yourself...you did not deserve to lose your arm..no way..please don't beat yourself up, it will only delay your rehab...you need to cry and scream and say, this ain't fair..its part of grieving...just the first step...get the anger out ..scream shout stamp your feet.you will then go on to the accepting of it...this of course can take a few years..hope you can get a prosthetic down the track...:)

You say you did this to yourself...no, you didn't intentionally go and amputate your arm...you must not be so hard on yourself...you did not deserve to lose your arm..no way..please don't beat yourself up, it will only delay your rehab...you need to cry and scream and say, this ain't fair..its part of grieving...just the first step...get the anger out ..scream shout stamp your feet.you will then go on to the accepting of it...this of course can take a few years..hope you can get a prosthetic down the track...:)

thanks for the kind words and true, i didnt intentionally do this, but my actions created it. and please dont think im not mad/sad/grieving/etc...i am. i break down in tears a few times a day, but i refuse to stay in that dark place for very long. i'm just happy to be alive right now.

please dont feel sorry for me. i did something very, very stupid while drunk already. i dont deserve it but i do own my shit. i did this too myself, its on me. i want people to realize what they are getting into before they start using a needle.
I admire your desire to take responsibility for your own actions, but come on man, everyone can see that it's not a proportionate outcome for a such a silly choice to make :(

I'm so sorry to hear it's come to that, I really do wish you all the best in coping from now on. Bless you. *hugs*

Very sorry to hear about your experience. Thats fucking heavy, but its powerful testimony, and I think you should get your story out there as much as possible. It could save someone a lot of misery and loss. Im not saying you are guilty of it, but I hear, read, and see so many instances of people IVing improperly. Using needles to get your fix is serious business, and its of the utmost importance that people educate themselves BEFORE even attempting it, and never ever do anything that you even remotely see as overly dangerous or unsanitary. Again very sorry that this happened to you, and best of luck to you in all that you do in from here on out. Please be careful out there friend

I'm so sorry about that last year I had a bad infection and blood clot and am lucky to have my arm I was shooting adderal but can u please if it's not to painful go into the medical reasons why it was needed to take off I read this whole thread and at one point u said u went to the hospital and left and things didn't seem so serious like what kind of infection or syndrome was responsible for this ?

I'm so sorry about that last year I had a bad infection and blood clot and am lucky to have my arm I was shooting adderal but can u please if it's not to painful go into the medical reasons why it was needed to take off I read this whole thread and at one point u said u went to the hospital and left and things didn't seem so serious like what kind of infection or syndrome was responsible for this ?

actual diagnosis was necrotizing fascitis of left arm.

amputation of left arm above elbow.

was in the er 4 times in about a week, wasnt till the last visit that it was properly diagnosed and by then my entire arm, elbow on down, was basically blood, puss, and mush of what was muscle from what my doc said.